Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Title Tag Grabber AND Video Embedding by BOP5 for VB5 Details »
Title Tag Grabber AND Video Embedding by BOP5 for VB5
Developer Last Online: Jun 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 5.1.x Rating: (2 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 47
Released: 11 Oct 2012 Last Update: 30 Jun 2015 Downloads: 361
Not Supported Additional Files Re-usable Code  

IMPORTANT! - Updated version released here: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=325277

All New Version 3.0

Use version 3.0.1 on VB 5.1.5 and newer (tested on 5.1.7)
It has not been tested on old versions of VB5. If you still have an old version of VB5 try the Version 2.0 download.

This mod can do two things:
  1. It can automatically grab the title of a page you are linking to
  2. It can embed video URLs automatically

For example it will turn:

http://www.vbulletin.org

to

vBulletin.org Forum - The Official vBulletin Resource!

This is working on both the simple and complex style URL BBcodes, and it will ignore existing links if you have specified a custom title.

It can also turn a link like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEPV4kolz0 into an embedded video without use of the [video] BB Code.

In addition there is an option to auto embed old links that were previously embedded by the AME 2.x mod for vBulletin 3.x. If you still have [AME] BB Codes in your posts this mod can do its best to embed them like they used to be with AME.

Video Embedding is currently working with Youtube (both short and original URLs) and Vimeo.com videos.

The Mod should auto install, upload files as instructed in Readme (everything goes in the usual place.) Clear the system cache to see the mod work on existing posts.

If you wanted to undo the changes made by this mod simply delete the files/remove the mod/ and clear the cache. This mod does not alter the original posts, only the cached copies.

Please "Mark as Installed" if you use this.
Donations Always Appreciated.
Consider nominating for MOTM if you like it!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	title-grab-settings.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	144670  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks Kindle Daily Deal Grabber by BOP5 BirdOPrey5 vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 79 20 Oct 2014 04:20
Miscellaneous Hacks Add ALT and/or TITLE text to linked images in VB3 by BOP5 BirdOPrey5 vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 20 16 Apr 2014 16:29
Miscellaneous Hacks Kindle Daily Deal Grabber by BOP5 (VB3) BirdOPrey5 vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 14 14 Jan 2013 16:52

Old 15 Apr 2013, 13:53

haha thanks. i am giving vb5.0.1 a try after having a mega disaster with 5.0.0. looks like i would have to wait for a few months more before considering moving back from ipb. plugins like these are very essential for me especially considering vbseo team has not announced any plans to release a version for vb5 yet.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:21

So it turns out I can get the mod mostly working in VB 5.0.1. If you use "Paste as Plain Text" when you paste links into the VB5 editor, they work fine in 5.0.1. If you paste as a hyperlink you get the ugly URL BBCode but you do get a working link at least.

This bug does not exist in VB 5.0.2 and the mod works well in VB 5.0.2 for those on the beta testing team, and for everyone else soon.

I have added some new features to the mod.

Besides just grabbing titles of pages you can now also automatically embed video URLs without the use of any BBCode. Just paste a YouTube or Vimeo URL into a post and (if enabled) the mod will convert it to an embedded video.

In addition to embedding video URLs the mod can also work with databases that have been upgraded from VB 3.x where the "AME" mod was in use. The AME mod is not available for VB5 yet and I don't know if it ever will be. If you didn't clear the AME tags before upgrading to VB5 you probably have many video URLs still stuck inside the [AME] BBCode.. Such as [AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEPV4kolz0[/AME]. This mod can auto-embed video URLs inside AME BBCode. Again it will work with YouTube and Vimeo URLs. (Both original YouTube URLs and the shorter youtu.be URLs.)

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.

Last edited by BirdOPrey5; 21 Apr 2013 at 22:25.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:37

That is awesome. Hopefully vB5 reaches stages of usability. You have solved 2 of the issues I have with it!
Old 23 Apr 2013, 19:08

This is huge. THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

VB5 may be usable yet!
Old 01 May 2013, 08:47

Hello!

I get this message:
""Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in [mysitepath]/core/packages/bop5titletagsvb5/api/content/text.php on line 75"
Old 06 Jul 2014, 18:52

Originally Posted by Karl Mart View Post
Hello!

I get this message:
""Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in [mysitepath]/core/packages/bop5titletagsvb5/api/content/text.php on line 75"
Sorry for the delay- this mght happen if there were many URLs to fetch at once- or some other reason it was going slow. Increasing the max time to 60 seconds should help if possible.

Does this happen all the time or only on occasion?

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Old 09 Jul 2014, 10:38

I installed it on my site and it works quite nicely. However some website developers embed a shortened link on the page in the Title Tag. This makes the Title Tag not display appropriately.

Example:
http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07...vote-tomorrow/#.U7w9MpS9nmc

The above link does not display because of the highligted part.

is it possible to fix this somehow?

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07...vote-tomorrow/
without the highlighted part displays apprpopriately
Old 09 Jul 2014, 11:33

Thanks, that is definitely a bug, let me work on it, I'll let you know when I have a fix.

Old 09 Jul 2014, 11:47

Updated-

In my test I couldn't replicate this problem. I had to take a guess at the problem URL because the VB software here shortened it.

Is this the URL that was having the problem?

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If not please paste the exact, full, URL not working inside the [code] BB Code.

If that was the URL causing the issue then please let me know what version of VB 5.x and what version of PHP you are running, and if possible, a link to a thread where it happened.

Old 13 Jul 2014, 19:47

Thanks. it happened on the thread here http://nigerianinvestorforum.com/for...=1405280733539
i am on vb 5.1.2 and php 5.5
That is the correct link

Last edited by kehindelawal; 13 Jul 2014 at 20:04.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 07:51

Most link are now just showing as LINK. i wonder what might be wrong. my site is here...nigerianinvestorforum.com
Old 30 Jul 2014, 07:20

still not working well. while some website display the title adequately, some just default to the LINK.

will like to get this working plss!
Old 17 Mar 2015, 14:34

Installed the mod on vB 5.1.5 because the included video link is not very useful if users can not user YouTube Short codes (even though it states it's supported format). This worked perfect for embedding YouTube videos.

Marked as installed...... Thanks! Time saver!
Old 16 Apr 2015, 19:17

Installed and working on 5.1.6.

Having an issue when editing posts though. Links show up truncated when editing, and as such, the link is no longer rewritten once the post is saved. Not sure if that's an issue with the mod or VB5's forced truncation though.

/edit
Got the above bit worked out. Was the forced truncation. Modified the bbcode_url functions and all's well.

Last edited by Vaskania; 16 Apr 2015 at 20:50.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 22:54

Originally Posted by Vaskania View Post
Installed and working on 5.1.6.

Having an issue when editing posts though. Links show up truncated when editing, and as such, the link is no longer rewritten once the post is saved. Not sure if that's an issue with the mod or VB5's forced truncation though.

/edit
Got the above bit worked out. Was the forced truncation. Modified the bbcode_url functions and all's well.
Thanks for reporting this, I will look into it and post an update.