Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Inferno Quiz v2.2 Details »
Inferno Quiz v2.2
Developer Last Online: Feb 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.5.0 Beta 1 Rating: (12 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 326
Released: 15 Jun 2005 Last Update: 15 Jun 2005 Downloads: 1857
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits  

Port of: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=80780

However, the system has a pretty big back-end, it's possible i over-looked a bit or 2, so if you encounter errors/php errors please feel free to let me know in this thread and i'll try to get them fixed asap

v2.2 Updates: (Upgrade instructions inside ZIP)
- Several areas of code otptimized (query reduction)
- Uncached templates now cached
- Ability in main options to choose default usergroups to participate/view results to be auto filled in when adding quizzes.

Enjoy,

- Zero Tolerance

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
vB Quiz (vb3) New Quiz Notification sabret00the vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 17 12 Mar 2009 22:30
Inferno Quiz v2.1 Zero Tolerance vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 357 10 Aug 2008 18:36
vB Quiz (vb3) Quiz Moderation Panel Enhancement sabret00the vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 12 01 Nov 2007 20:10
Ebux for Inferno Quiz amykhar vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 32 18 Jun 2006 23:55

Old 26 Aug 2006, 01:18

This version is noted on VBH to work with vb3.6. I haven't tried closing or deleting a quiz as I'm not using it right now. Just wanted to provide the info & maybe I'll see if I can accomplish what you guys are having trouble with if I do use it again.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 05:01

Guest still have no access...

Hi guys, I have this problem that guest can't access Quiz area. I set up allow to access to all groups in main setting and in quiz itself but when I am not logged in I can't take a quiz. Any idea what to do or what to check?

Thanks Charles

Last edited by Chuck_cz; 26 Aug 2006 at 13:37.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 13:17

I moved my site to a dedicated server and can no longer access the quiz page. I can access all the back end stuff from the admin pages b ut just can not get into the front end. Any help please

http://www.clanram.com/forums/quiz.php?
Old 26 Aug 2006, 13:42

Thumbs down Main Quiz Settings doesn't work for me..

Whatever access I set it is still same. Registered users can access quiz area and guest can not.

I would love to have guests to be able to use this feature too. Any idea? Is there any way to set it manualy?

I can see changes in settings.quiz.php but still Guests Are Unable To Use The Inferno Quiz System. :-(

Is this script even set be used by guests? Can anyone help me or give me an answer?

Thanks Charles

Last edited by Chuck_cz; 27 Aug 2006 at 03:01.
Old 29 Aug 2006, 22:49

So I believe everyone with 3.6 and Inferno should be having "Admin Hash Mismatch" problems with files in the admincp?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124257

How to fix for Inferno? I'm only getting when trying to open quiz.

Thanks.
Old 02 Sep 2006, 15:49

I have a problem with multimple choices questions and I cannot figure it out: sometimes it doesn't add all the correct answers, for example, if someone checks 2 out of 3 correct answers and 1 wrong, sometimes it adds 33% and sometimes 67%... I tried it myself with test accounts and for absolutely no reason, sometimes calculates only 1 answer as correct and sometmes 2...

Did someone had this problem before and soved it?
Old 06 Sep 2006, 02:31

Originally Posted by Boofo
That's what the time limit on taking a quiz is for. Set it at 2 minutes and they don't have enough time to look up all the answers.
Right now it let's them goto the quiz screen, see what the questions are, then close their browser and look up the answers or whatever, then come back and take the quiz. Is there a way around this?
Old 06 Sep 2006, 14:01

You could set a cookie when they enter the quiz. I use a cookie for guests who take quizzes, and it's really not difficult to do at all.
Old 06 Sep 2006, 22:56

Originally Posted by amykhar
You could set a cookie when they enter the quiz. I use a cookie for guests who take quizzes, and it's really not difficult to do at all.
I see you aren't getting "Admin Hash Mismatch" and have 3.6, how did you fix that? Thanks.
Old 07 Sep 2006, 02:53

I haven't fixed it yet, to be honest. My quiz creation system is very different from the default. I create quizzes, not through the admincp, but through a refined front end that allows users to test their quizzes and edit if necessary before submitting for approval. It's streamlined to be more efficient for me; so I use that interface and approve my own quizzes. So, no hash mismatch errors to fix.
Old 07 Sep 2006, 16:43

Maybe Zero Tolerance is out of the business for updating these?

Any alternatives out there for quizzes that work with 3.6?
Old 09 Sep 2006, 13:03

I added this line:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

right under line 846, this line:

in admin_quiz.php and now it sort of works, except instead of allowing me to deactivate/activate/delete quizes it only deletes.

Edit: I tried commenting out the piece of code in global.php that checks for Admin Mismatch and then commenting out the line I added but it still only deletes quizes. This is (from what I could see) the related code. Any ideas?

Lines 824 to 863 (in the original, unedited file):

Lines 918 to 963 (in the original, unedited file):

Last edited by PuddingMonkey; 11 Sep 2006 at 16:24.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 19:07

Dear Amy,

I'm simply in love with how you re-designed the look of your quiz page. It's easy to look at, user-friendly, and well-organized. I'd love to set my quiz page in a manner than reflects yours, but unfortunately I'm not as adept in code modification as you are apparently.

Is it possible you can share your style or provide the option of another one as visually effective without looking like yours 100%?

Last edited by OrangeFlea; 17 Sep 2006 at 19:25.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 00:39

Very nice hack! Working fine on my board.

A couple of suggestions for future versions (blatantly stolen from OKCupid!):

1) Some kind of results system, defined by the quiz creator. For example, if you score is under 10% it tells you you're X, if from 11%-30%, you're Y, from 31%-60%, you're Z, etc. Each results category would need a title, some text and (optionally) an image, so you'd end up with something like this: "Congratulations! you scored 94% in the Quantum Physics quiz! You are a master scientist!"; or "You only identified 7% of the TV theme songs - well done! That means you're no couch potato!"

2) Increase functionaility to include the "What X Are You?" type of quiz (for example, "What animal are you?" or "What TV action hero are you"?). This means that the quiz needs to track more than one attribute, with various questions being assigned to each attribute. Quiz creators should be able to define a number of attributes (catness, dogness, elephantness, etc) and for each question they add, the need to specify which attribute that question gives a point in.

If done elgantly, and combined with the results page (suggestion 1, above), the quiz could easily handle quite complex personality test, political tests and so forth.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 16:45

Has this been fixed? I am still getting Admin Hash Mismatch