Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 2013, 23:07

connectivity issues this past week.

This past week and exclusively on this site , i keep getting connectivity issues. I have to reload the page a few times to get an active connection.

Regards
Old 12 Dec 2013, 23:25

I have not see that at all, and I am on here quite a bit.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 23:28

No problems here.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 23:39

Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
This past week and exclusively on this site , i keep getting connectivity issues. I have to reload the page a few times to get an active connection.

Regards
Is this happening at all times or just when logged in? All browsers?

I assume you cleared all cookies styled "vbulletin.org" and cleared cache?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 22:19

It's that time of year when the interwebz gets heap plenty busy.
It helps if you reboot your modem and router every once in a while. They like getting a break now and then.
Old 13 May 2014, 23:45

It's all board's that use vBulletin, not just these, and yes there is a issue. Happen's on the L2 board's often as well and other's that use vBuletin. The responses sound so much like old L2 staff's replies I had to laugh and respond. " It's not us, it's a client side issue ".

It's not your router or connection when clearly you can navigate other sites freely and have no issues, kinda funny people would say that.
Old 13 May 2014, 23:49

Why do you think its an issue on this end, and not your connection?

Your connection is every single route between YOU and OUR servers. Short of it being an issue where our servers are offline, anything between you and us can cause a problem.

If there are 15 segments of the internet you must cross to get here first, and hop 8 is broken, then this site is down.

Routing issues occur semi-frequently that a interconnected point somewhere on the internet could be causing you issues making it to some sites, but not others.

So, it might not be your personal home router issue, but it could be between you, your isp, the wide open internet, and us. That'd still be an issue on your end, and there is almost nothing we can do about it.
Old 13 May 2014, 23:54

Well if it was our end, how do you explain that every other site out there we have no issue with ? We have magic connection's for the rest of the world, but it's a client side issue only for vBulletin ? I'm not mad, I just find it amusing is all, L2 sites doing it right now as a matter of fact, but here I am freely typing on this one.
Old 13 May 2014, 23:59

I get different errors all the time.... I just refresh a few time until I get in.
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade
Old 14 May 2014, 00:02

Yep, that's what I do as well, hit refresh until it loads.
Old 14 May 2014, 00:03

Originally Posted by juggys69 View Post
Well if it was our end, how do you explain that every other site out there we have no issue with ? We have magic connection's for the rest of the world, but it's a client side issue only for vBulletin ? I'm not mad, I just find it amusing is all, L2 sites doing it right now as a matter of fact, but here I am freely typing on this one.
Every other site you use doesn't take the same route to our servers? Its really not that odd.
Old 14 May 2014, 00:08

A better way to put this, I'm on a fiber optic connection, if I am online anywhere, opening to the worldwide interwebz isn't a issue. If your stating that out there in the wild on the interwebz there is a issue, I can grant you that, but not a client side issue.
Old 14 May 2014, 00:49

It doesn't matter if you have fibre, or a moble connection. What matters is the thousands of connections between you and us. And anywhere on that road, a problem could be occurring.

If you don't get that, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 14 May 2014, 01:28

Yep, same as NCsoft staff, there's never a issue on their side, it's always client side, doesn't matter if every client they have tell's them the same thing. I apologize, vBulletin never, ever has any issues, it's just the rest of the world.
Old 14 May 2014, 01:30

Originally Posted by juggys69 View Post
A better way to put this, I'm on a fiber optic connection, if I am online anywhere, opening to the worldwide interwebz isn't a issue. If your stating that out there in the wild on the interwebz there is a issue, I can grant you that, but not a client side issue.
Whether you are on a fiber optic connection or a cable connection, if your ISP is having issues some sites can load and some wont.

I used to work for Verizon Fios and fiber optic internet is more susceptible to having issues than cable internet. Why? I small break in the lines could bring a whole block or two down. Finding the break in the line is no easy task. A semi truck driving down a road where the weight limit is over that of the street can cause the conduits to break the lines.

I know more people on Fios that have connectivity issues than cable internet.

As to connectivity issues here on Vb.org, I haven't had a single one since I have been here and I am also on here a few hours per day as well.

And the suggestion about your router and modem having to be reset every so often, that is something everyone should be doing on a regular basis. Most ISPs have static IPs for your modem and quite a few have dynamic, Verizon and Time Warner being two that do. After a while your modem is filled with packets that were never delivered and are just lingering between your modem and your ISP (internet service provider).....

When this happens, you have to reboot your modem and router to start fresh ....most of the times just disconnecting the power source for a minute will help plus assign you a fresh new IP ....
Closed Thread