Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06 Feb 2016, 00:30

Did you set up error logs for Vbulletin in the admincp? I am not sure if debugging would help but wouldn't hurt to try turning it on in the config for a few minutes.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 06 Feb 2016, 00:54

Have you tried temporarily disabling the mods? Also in Linux have you set permissions for the directory that your site is in through the terminal? I know from my experience using Linux that sometimes if you try to do it anywhere else for some strange reason it will not take.
Old 06 Feb 2016, 02:53

Yes, I have the vB logs write to a file. No logs to show. And yes, I disabled all mods in using the config file, and no luck there.

EDIT: I have tried everything I can think of right now. But I will fix it, some how, some way, eventually it will come to me, it always does. lol.

Sorry for putting everyone through this, its just bugging me. I hate coming across a problem like this and not being able to fix it. I mean this is vBulletin, PHP, and Linux. How hard can it be? lol. I bet its nothing hard either, just a simple setting or configuration that is off (or on) that I overlooked. It always turns out that way with servers and web development. Its because there are so many settings and configs to keep track of, and all kinds of different services and scripts, and just one setting on any one of those could be the problem. I will have to look deep in the configs of my server and vB tomorrow.

Oh and by the way, I own this server. Actually, my vB is running on multiple servers all at once. I have 5 servers setup, 1 for MySQL, 1 for Web Server (and other web related services), 1 for Network (Network Switch), 1 for Server Storage, and the last is for Offline Backup Storage. The backup storage server is not connected to the net, its just connected to the other servers locally.

So if anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this problem with Uploading Avatars, Attachments, etc... That requires physical access to the server cabinet, let me know, because I do have physical access to the servers.

And thank you, everyone that is trying there best to help me with this issue!
TTG IRC Web Client - http://thetechgenius.net/irc.html

Last edited by thetechgenius; 06 Feb 2016 at 03:18.
Old 06 Feb 2016, 03:26

You have your MySQL on a separate server from the web server where your files are stored? If so have you tried having the files & database on the same server. From past experience vBulletin does not usually play well when its split up between hosts or servers. So maybe, its a long shot, but that could be a potential problem unless you have some setup that caters to ensuring that it works separate.
Old 06 Feb 2016, 07:02

Well a temporary fix would probably be to serve your attachments, etc from the database.

Strange that you are not showing anything in your logs. Maybe try to view your processes real time in the command console and try to upload at the same time. You just may catch the error there.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 07 Feb 2016, 01:59

If you do an ls- l what are the owner and group listed? What is the user for your webserver software?
Old 07 Feb 2016, 17:51

Originally Posted by squidsk View Post
If you do an ls- l what are the owner and group listed? What is the user for your webserver software?
The owner and group for my website folder (public_html) is Root/Nobody, and the directories and files inside public_html are owned by my web user "ttg001".

I am using CentOS Web Panel for my web control panel.

And I tried to move all attachments, Avatars, etc.. to the database, and it still doesnt let me upload. But it still serves the Avatars though, I can see all users avatars just fine. But when you try to upload a new avatar, it comes up with that error (Upload of the file failed).

I have also tried in combination with installing MySQL on the same server. But the database works either way. Just when I type in the host for MySQL in vB, I have to put the local IP of the server, instead of localhost.

I dont know what could be the problem, I have checked all Permissions, and Ownership. CentOS Web Panel even has a built in option to fix all permissions and ownership for a user, just in case you transfer a file or folder using a root account, you can fix all permissions with a single click.
Old 08 Feb 2016, 06:54

I am wondering if this is a firewall issue? Strange that you are not seeing any logs.

Old 08 Feb 2016, 19:46

You didn't answer what account your web software, presumable apache, runs on.

Run the command:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

The account associated with that process needs to be the one that has write access to your web files or uploads won't work.

For example, on standard ubuntu the web server software runs with the www-data account. If that account does not have write access to your forum folder you won't be able to upload into that folder.
Old 08 Feb 2016, 22:36

Run the command:

The account associated with that process needs to be the one that has write access to your web files or uploads won't work.

For example, on standard ubuntu the web server software runs with the www-data account. If that account does not have write access to your forum folder you won't be able to upload into that folder.
That is exactly what I was trying to say before only you said it much better.

Old 17 Feb 2016, 02:57

Run the command:

This is the output from that command:

It seems that Root is running Apache/HTTPD. But the way that CentOS Web Panel installs, it installs everything for you.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 06:08

It was not by the problem on your server or some thing else that due to a config on your forum.

You forgot to change it when you moved to a new hosting.
Old 23 Apr 2016, 17:12

Originally Posted by webmastersun View Post
It was not by the problem on your server or some thing else that due to a config on your forum.

You forgot to change it when you moved to a new hosting.
What do you mean? What else can I try to fix it?