Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19 May 2008, 19:36

Cool Gamertag Nation

If anyone happens to remember me, my name is Eric (previously known as afterlab). I used to run a popular website known as Final Fantasy Republic (www.ffrepublic.com) and have since launched an Xbox 360 gaming community known as Gamertag Nation (www.gamertagnation.com) Being that several years have passed since my last website on here, I'd like for some input from the vBulletin.org crowd. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.gamertagnation.com

If you'd prefer to login to get a feel of it, use these details:

Username: Beta
Password: password

Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Old 19 May 2008, 19:56
nexialys

impressive look, very professional display, a BOTM for sure...
Old 20 May 2008, 01:30

That looks fantastic.
Old 20 May 2008, 17:36

wow.. i really like that.. site looks pro.
homepage very nicely modified.
Old 09 Jul 2008, 17:56

It's been awhile and I have made a lot of progress in terms of navigating the website. I'd love to hear the opinions of others in terms of the navigation at Gamertag Nation. This was one of the biggest concerns for newcomers.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 00:14

how long it took you to make a site like that?
Old 10 Jul 2008, 00:21

I started the site back in the middle of February this year. I still have a lot of work to do on it since the amount of Xbox 360 games grow week after week.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 00:26

dood...u need to work on it? ya right! your sites amazing....what program did you use to code it?
Old 10 Jul 2008, 05:30

I appreciate the compliments on the website. I've been a programmer for various vBulletin forums since 2001 so I have taught myself how to code in PHP over the years. I started at age 13 and am now 21 years old so I am still learning things each day. All of the custom additions and programming on the website were created and modified using Notepad++, however. Google search it and you won't be disappointed once you start using it.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 14:00

mhm...true....google's ya best friend ahha
i heard that b4

--------------- Added 10 Jul 2008 at 15:33 ---------------

do you midn telling me where you made your navbar?

Last edited by berry05; 10 Jul 2008 at 15:33. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Old 10 Jul 2008, 15:46

I created the navbar by myself using simple template edits and minor coding changes. I have yet to install a single hack on the website, so everything you see was coded and designed by yours truly.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 17:10

I don't really think the header is anything special, really.. but the site itself and programming behind it is all really impressive. I don't think I've ever seen vBulletin used as a cms and actually make sense while doing it.

One thing I noticed is that your enlarged male/female and online icons are very distorted.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 17:19

Originally Posted by KTBleeding View Post
I don't really think the header is anything special, really.. but the site itself and programming behind it is all really impressive. I don't think I've ever seen vBulletin used as a cms and actually make sense while doing it.

One thing I noticed is that your enlarged male/female and online icons are very distorted.
Thank you for your opinions of the website. The header design (specifically, the drop-down menu) that you see today was a recent addition that I felt was necessary in order to help make the site much easier to navigate through. It has room for a lot of expansion for future content ideas too.

When you visit our website I hope that you can find what you want fairly easy. Of course, there is always room for improvement but the main purpose of the header design was for easy navigation this time.

Do you think the header needs better navigation, improved design, or something else? I am always open for other suggestions since I can't share the views of everyone.
Old 10 Jul 2008, 17:32

The header defientely needs a better design. The images within the header (flag) look distorted. You can easily create a vectored based flag so resizing it wouldn't result in quality loss or any kind of distortion.

I like the rail design on top of the header which i think you should keep but the header design is nowhere near the quality that it should be compared to the rest of the style.

The male_2x.gif icon and i suspect the female icon look distorted, far too pixelated. Possible a redesign that will compliment the visually pleasing style you obviously work hard on?

Overall, Impressive, very impressive layout. Of course navigation could be made easier but with time and member feedback you will iron out those little grievance and have one of the best looking innovative styles I have had the pleasure to review.

Good work.
Old 13 Jul 2008, 00:45
nexialys

you touched something wrong, the site is dead.... i want it, i want it