Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
TfSEO 2: the free vBulletin url rewrite Details »
TfSEO 2: the free vBulletin url rewrite
Mod Version: 2.1, by superjeff (Member) superjeff is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (46 votes - 4.59 average) Installs: 632
Released: 21 Mar 2008 Last Update: 19 Mar 2009 Downloads: 5375
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Code Changes Additional Files Translations  

TfSEO 2.1

TfSEO is a powerful and free url rewrite for the vBulletin system: it rewrite forum, thread and post urls.
For me it's very hard to explain well all the feature of this plugin, soo the best way is test it.

How much does it weight on the server?

I have tested on my home server:
TfSEO enabled, heavy:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

TfSEO disabled, standart vburl:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Like you can see product takes about +10ms per request.
Live Demos
  1. Light
  2. Medium
  3. Heavy
AdminCP Demo:


For Support and question you can contact me at davide {at} techforum .it

This product will be updatefor long time, I welcome (and really do ask for) any feedback, suggestions, issues, etc...

If you install it, click install.

Note: vbulletin will have by default a rewrite system from version 4.0 (beta should coming next month, april). I relly suggest you to wait, and not use this product. If the vb's rewrite will be great, i will no more update this product.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions TfSEO: a Light Url-Rewrite (thread and forum only) superjeff vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 151 28 Jun 2009 16:27

  #436  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 14:28
dreeded dreeded is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
RewriteRule ^(.*)t([0-9]+)(.*)newpost(.*)$ showthread.php?t=$2&goto=newpost [QSA,L]

goto newpost in forum index not working
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 15:10
Gene Steinberg Gene Steinberg is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Real name: Gene Steinberg
OK, it seems to work for me at forum.theparacast.com, except, when I check info on our members, and see what they're looking at, I see stuff like:

Unknown Location
/f10/lake-county-abduction-vid-t2104/page2.html

It doesn't seem to recognize the forum's main URL, even though it's correctly entered in the settings.

Ideas?

Peace,
Gene
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 15:43
Koushukei Koushukei is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Will this ever make usernames in .html? like members/admin.html
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 18:09
superjeff superjeff is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Originally Posted by dreeded View Post
RewriteRule ^(.*)t([0-9]+)(.*)newpost(.*)$ showthread.php?t=$2&goto=newpost [QSA,L]

goto newpost in forum index not working
Strange. Are you using the compatible mode?
Originally Posted by genesteinberg View Post
OK, it seems to work for me at forum.theparacast.com, except, when I check info on our members, and see what they're looking at, I see stuff like:

Unknown Location
/f10/lake-county-abduction-vid-t2104/page2.html

It doesn't seem to recognize the forum's main URL, even though it's correctly entered in the settings.

Ideas?

Peace,
Gene
Yes, it's a bug, or a no integration with the online localizer. All the people lucking at the thread show you like view forum home.
Originally Posted by Koushukei View Post
Will this ever make usernames in .html? like members/admin.html
In a very long future, it could be.
__________________
Sorry for my english - TechForum.it
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 18:12
Gene Steinberg Gene Steinberg is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Real name: Gene Steinberg
Well, when do you think you can fix this bug?

Peace,
Gene
Reply With Quote
  #441  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 18:56
superjeff superjeff is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Now i'm working on the last relase first of my holiday (from the end of week, 15days).
I hope to include the vbadvanced support, but not sure.

This "bug" could be fixed after all this..
__________________
Sorry for my english - TechForum.it
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 19:16
javichu javichu is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Hello. I do not speak English.

View image
Attached Images
File Type: png sshot-1.png (32.6 KB, 43 views)
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 19:24
RaMMz RaMMz is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Good update .

If you want a live demo of heavy rewrite: http://foro.blacktouch.com.ar

Cya and thanks
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 20:03
UaECasher UaECasher is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
i want to remove copywrite notice what should i do ?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 20:07
nfy_markus nfy_markus is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
today i installed tfseo the first time.
very great add-on!!!!!!!!!

But i have found a bug:
The Rewrite of the paging in a thread is not korrekt - specially the first last previous and next-links (if you are not at the first page).
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 20:57
superjeff superjeff is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Originally Posted by javichu View Post
Hello. I do not speak English.

View image
It has been fixed with the last relase. see changeloog
Originally Posted by RaMMz View Post
Good update .

If you want a live demo of heavy rewrite: http://foro.blacktouch.com.ar

Cya and thanks
Added
Originally Posted by UaECasher View Post
i want to remove copywrite notice what should i do ?

Thank you
Concact me via email (davide [a.te] techforum dot it)
Originally Posted by nfy_markus View Post
today i installed tfseo the first time.
very great add-on!!!!!!!!!

But i have found a bug:
The Rewrite of the paging in a thread is not korrekt - specially the first last previous and next-links (if you are not at the first page).
It looks like that it works in my test forum, all ok.
But in a lot of sites it don't works correctly.. So i will put a look when i back from holyday
__________________
Sorry for my english - TechForum.it
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 03 Jul 2008, 23:38
Animecraving Animecraving is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
ok... i found a little bugs already in the medium method
when i use the Rewrite explaion i check all forum/thread/post
but then when i click on any thread/post it brought me back to the forum not the thread/post

and hope the next version you can make it easier for the heavy method, i would rather it be auto but still leave the Insert the abbrevation so if i don't like the link or if it too long i can just change it. my forum have lots of sections so it a pain to edit every single one especially i used AP Group for social groups so every time members made a new group i have to check and edit the link again.
oh yea the who's online haven't fixed yet.

for now i guess i have to stick with the older version again... since there aren't any bugs or anything unlike this one
__________________
My Site

Last edited by Animecraving; 03 Jul 2008 at 23:56.
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 04 Jul 2008, 05:16
dreeded dreeded is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Seems like enabling of 301 redirect fix the newpost problem.

What 301 redirect options are use for?
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 04 Jul 2008, 07:17
superjeff superjeff is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Originally Posted by Animecraving View Post
ok... i found a little bugs already in the medium method
when i use the Rewrite explaion i check all forum/thread/post
but then when i click on any thread/post it brought me back to the forum not the thread/post
This because you didn't upgrade the htaccess.. but i say you have fixed. (or no.. you have downgrade: you must use the htaccess linked in the forum options)
Originally Posted by Animecraving View Post
and hope the next version you can make it easier for the heavy method, i would rather it be auto but still leave the Insert the abbrevation so if i don't like the link or if it too long i can just change it. my forum have lots of sections so it a pain to edit every single one especially i used AP Group for social groups so every time members made a new group i have to check and edit the link again.
I can include a script that auto fill the section.. but the manual is the best way.

for now i guess i have to stick with the older version again... since there aren't any bugs or anything unlike this one[/quote]

Originally Posted by dreeded View Post
Seems like enabling of 301 redirect fix the newpost problem.

What 301 redirect options are use for?
If i don't remember bad the newpost link is disabled if 301 redirect is disabled.
This option is very important: it rewrite the old url (showthread.php etc) to the new one, and the "wrong" to the "right"
__________________
Sorry for my english - TechForum.it
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 04 Jul 2008, 10:53
pooker pooker is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I clicked install and did everything as directed but it is like it is not even working , I enabled it and everything but it is not rewriting my url's or anything. The .htaccess file should be working as I have used it before with other things
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:10.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: