Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
[AJAX] Tabbed Forum Home Details »
[AJAX] Tabbed Forum Home
Mod Version: 1.5.0, by bobster65 (Member) bobster65 is offline
Developer Last Online: Nov 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (75 votes - 4.92 average) Installs: 592
Released: 10 Apr 2008 Last Update: 03 Sep 2008 Downloads: 9237
Not Supported Template Edits Code Changes Additional Files Translations  

Tabbed Forum Home version 1.01

[AJAX] Tabbed Forum Home version 1.5.0 (BETA)

NOTE: Works with both 3.7x and 3.6x

Description: This MOD is for creating a "Tabbed" Forum Home Page to have Categories displayed within Tab containers (similar to what the new Profile System looks like on vb3.7). Please do not confuse this with the Tab Menu System here at vbulletin.org. They are totally different systems. These Tabs actually switch the content without leaving the main forums page.

I wrote the initial Non AJAX version based on reading many requests from members asking about how namepros created their custom tabbed forum home page. The first implementation I did was a request by bbwforums.net (which you can visit to see a working example). I have shared this version with many members already and decided to release it since it seems to be something that a lot of members are interested in.

UPDATE: I have released a BETA [AJAX] version for those that what something a little more robust and easier to install/configure. This Beta version will never go into production tho as version 2.0 will utilize the YUI AJAX Tabview Toolset. It IS stable tho and is currently running on a few live sites.

NOTE: Keep in mind, I wrote this with the assumption that you are fairly well versed and comfortable with editing files/templates and following the flow of things. If there is something you don't understand, PLEASE let me know so that I can help you understand it. This IS NOT a product that a novice can just plug and play and it takes a little bit of time to setup, but its well worth it in the end (if you want a custom unique look to your forum home page)... the next version (Don't ask when, cause its just on the drawing board) will be a product with ACP controls for easy setup

The attached Zip File(s) contain the Files and Instructions necessary to install each version.

DEMO: www.bbwforums.net or www.namepros.com
[Moderator Edit: The first URL has been un-linked as there has been reported malware on that domain. The mod author may edit this notice once the situation has been cleaned.]

Screen Shots: None, visit one or both of the above links as seeing them in action is better than some static image(s)..

Bobster

Change Log

version 1.01 -
tabcontent.js ver 2.2 to support remote links
updated install instructions (both in txt and rtf format)

version 1.5.0 -
BETA [AJAX] version

July 8, 2008 - Added xml file for WOL
Sep 2, 2008 - Updated xml file for WOL

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #466  
Old 28 Jun 2008, 17:16
bobster65's Avatar
bobster65 bobster65 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Real name: Bob
Originally Posted by OsideRida06 View Post
ok. The template edit for the orginal tabbed version worked like a charm.

Do you have time to help me fix the IE - FF Ajax tabbed problem, as shown in the pics?
Cool Beans, was prolly that table tag that was outside of the IF statement that was doing it...

as far as the IE... Im not a CSS expert by any means lol .. I think its an issue with using both DIVs and Tables ... for some reason IE doesn't like that and thus creates a space (and FF doesn't care so it displays correct in FF)... I'll see if I can come up with something that works with that particular Tab CSS ...
__________________
Please Do Not PM me for vBulletin assistance... I am currently only doing customization & addon's for Xenforo.
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 28 Jun 2008, 17:22
OsideRida06 OsideRida06 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
ok. Thanks!

Also It seems the Ajax tabs are working for like 3 other people that have gave access to that skin, for testing. However, for some reason they do not work for me. It opens in a new page, with no layout. It gives the right catagories and all of that. But there is no forum. I know I have seen this posted before on here. And the problem seemed to be getting rid of the extra / so it is directed correctly to the .js file. But its working for every one but me. So is there some kind of IE setting, that I may have turned off? I checked enable js and it is still doing the same thing?
__________________
HostGalaxy - Taking Cloud to New Heights
Fastest Forum Hosting in The Galaxy
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 28 Jun 2008, 17:50
bobster65's Avatar
bobster65 bobster65 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Real name: Bob
Originally Posted by OsideRida06 View Post
ok. Thanks!

Also It seems the Ajax tabs are working for like 3 other people that have gave access to that skin, for testing. However, for some reason they do not work for me. It opens in a new page, with no layout. It gives the right catagories and all of that. But there is no forum. I know I have seen this posted before on here. And the problem seemed to be getting rid of the extra / so it is directed correctly to the .js file. But its working for every one but me. So is there some kind of IE setting, that I may have turned off? I checked enable js and it is still doing the same thing?
in the <head> area, try and put the full URL to the 2 files (.css and .js) .. then if you are viewing with IE, do a hard refresh (to load without cache) .. (hold the shiftkey and hit refresh) .
__________________
Please Do Not PM me for vBulletin assistance... I am currently only doing customization & addon's for Xenforo.
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 28 Jun 2008, 18:12
OsideRida06 OsideRida06 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I tried this and nothing. It still shows the same thing. I even added the full URL to the links to the tabs, in the <main> area.

I have no clue what it could be.
__________________
HostGalaxy - Taking Cloud to New Heights
Fastest Forum Hosting in The Galaxy
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 28 Jun 2008, 18:21
bobster65's Avatar
bobster65 bobster65 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Real name: Bob
Originally Posted by OsideRida06 View Post
I tried this and nothing. It still shows the same thing. I even added the full URL to the links to the tabs, in the <main> area.

I have no clue what it could be.
do you have it live so I can see it?
__________________
Please Do Not PM me for vBulletin assistance... I am currently only doing customization & addon's for Xenforo.
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 28 Jun 2008, 18:43
OsideRida06 OsideRida06 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Yeah. Look at my sig. Select the "Ajax Tabbed" skin. I just restored all defaults to IE. Now the tabs works. But not all java. Some java script in my profiles are not working.

I does not have anything to do with the code. I think its just my IE for some reason.

The little loading icon that shows when the tabs are being pulled shows red X for me. But no one else as well still. Even now that the tabs work. I think that has to do with my settings some how. The same reason my edit profile fields are not working in profiles I believe.
__________________
HostGalaxy - Taking Cloud to New Heights
Fastest Forum Hosting in The Galaxy
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 28 Jun 2008, 19:14
bobster65's Avatar
bobster65 bobster65 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Real name: Bob
Originally Posted by OsideRida06 View Post
Yeah. Look at my sig. Select the "Ajax Tabbed" skin. I just restored all defaults to IE. Now the tabs works. But not all java. Some java script in my profiles are not working.

I does not have anything to do with the code. I think its just my IE for some reason.

The little loading icon that shows when the tabs are being pulled shows red X for me. But no one else as well still. Even now that the tabs work. I think that has to do with my settings some how. The same reason my edit profile fields are not working in profiles I believe.
ok... I'll check it out..

as far as the loading icon, IE isn't finding it, so edit the ajaxtabs.js file and right near the top of the file is the path to the loading.gif ... edit that to the correct path (you can use the full URL if neccessary)
__________________
Please Do Not PM me for vBulletin assistance... I am currently only doing customization & addon's for Xenforo.
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 28 Jun 2008, 19:59
OsideRida06 OsideRida06 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Originally Posted by bobster65 View Post

as far as the IE... Im not a CSS expert by any means lol .. I think its an issue with using both DIVs and Tables ... for some reason IE doesn't like that and thus creates a space (and FF doesn't care so it displays correct in FF)... I'll see if I can come up with something that works with that particular Tab CSS ...
Any luck with this yet? It is drving me crazy having the Ajax tabs, but not being able to release it to the public due to that little space there.

Originally Posted by bobster65 View Post
ok... I'll check it out..

as far as the loading icon, IE isn't finding it, so edit the ajaxtabs.js file and right near the top of the file is the path to the loading.gif ... edit that to the correct path (you can use the full URL if neccessary)
Yelp, it shows now.
__________________
HostGalaxy - Taking Cloud to New Heights
Fastest Forum Hosting in The Galaxy
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 28 Jun 2008, 20:17
bobster65's Avatar
bobster65 bobster65 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Real name: Bob
Originally Posted by OsideRida06 View Post
Any luck with this yet? It is drving me crazy having the Ajax tabs, but not being able to release it to the public due to that little space there.

Yelp, it shows now.
Nope, can't get it to do the same thing... trying to replicate it, but its displaying fine for me in IE....
__________________
Please Do Not PM me for vBulletin assistance... I am currently only doing customization & addon's for Xenforo.
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 29 Jun 2008, 00:54
blanky blanky is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Hi, I installed this mod just like the instructions said ( I re-checked everything..) but for some reason, I am getting the same error karnevil is getting on this post

The problem is, I am only getting vertical bulleted links that point to a category. When clicked, it goes to a new page and the style is broken..

Here is a picture of my problems

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sans titre.jpg (57.6 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 29 Jun 2008, 02:02
bobster65's Avatar
bobster65 bobster65 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Real name: Bob
Originally Posted by blanky View Post
Hi, I installed this mod just like the instructions said ( I re-checked everything..) but for some reason, I am getting the same error karnevil is getting on this post

The problem is, I am only getting vertical bulleted links that point to a category. When clicked, it goes to a new page and the style is broken..

Here is a picture of my problems

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Its not finding the .css file .. edit the FORUMHOME template and in the <head> area are 2 lines calling the css file and the js file... put the full URL ie


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That will solve your problem ..
__________________
Please Do Not PM me for vBulletin assistance... I am currently only doing customization & addon's for Xenforo.
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 29 Jun 2008, 20:36
Scamorz Scamorz is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Originally Posted by OsideRida06 View Post
Any luck with this yet? It is drving me crazy having the Ajax tabs, but not being able to release it to the public due to that little space there.

Osiderida try to make like me:
i deleted <br style="clear: left" /> and now the layout in IE6 is ok! There's no spacing in IE.
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 30 Jun 2008, 00:46
pcoskat pcoskat is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
I think I have to have this
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 30 Jun 2008, 02:24
bobster65's Avatar
bobster65 bobster65 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Real name: Bob
Originally Posted by pcoskat View Post
I think I have to have this
Ask and you shall receive btw, nice site
__________________
Please Do Not PM me for vBulletin assistance... I am currently only doing customization & addon's for Xenforo.
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 30 Jun 2008, 06:52
mr.reza mr.reza is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Originally Posted by bobster65 View Post
Its not finding the .css file .. edit the FORUMHOME template and in the <head> area are 2 lines calling the css file and the js file... put the full URL ie


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That will solve your problem ..
I've same problem and i did what you say but there is no success and nothing changed
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 14:08.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: