Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
DownloadsII Details »
DownloadsII
Developer Last Online: May 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.4 Rating: (269 votes - 4.79 average) Installs: 1647
Released: 28 Dec 2009 Last Update: 02 Dec 2011 Downloads: 10910
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

DownloadsII

DownloadsII is a download database that integrates into vBulletin. It allows you to upload files, add images to them, create categories, link to external files - and more. It is very flexible and has many options.

It's also coded 100% XHTML 1.0 Transitional valid, just like vBulletin itself.

Instructions & Support

Requires vBulletin 4.0.4 or higher. Not fully compatible with lower vB 4 versions.
It works fine with both the new editor in vB 4.1.4 or higher and the old one in previous vB versions.

Read the instructions in the next two posts before installing/upgrading this mod!

You can find an installation/upgrade manual in the zip package (Readme.txt).

I try to answer most questions asked in this thread. Please don't send any pm's if I don't ask for them. Don't forget to click the install link, so you will receive important update notifications.

Screenshots & Live demo

At the bottom of this post, you can find some screenshots of the front-end and back-end (AdminCP part) of the DownloadsII software.

You can find a live demo on my own site: Minatica.be Downloads (Dutch).
Though keep in mind that we are running a restyled and modified version of it.

Changelog (version 6.0.9)

Jelle
  • Added support for vB 4.1.8 bit processing with 'each' construct (backwards compatible)
  • Fixed comma listing for vB 4.1.8 (using "old" method)
Older changelogs are included in the zip package.

Help!!! I can't upload large files??

This is probably the most asked question. It's mostly caused by some default PHP settings: check "PHP Max Post Size" and "PHP Maximum Upload Size" at your AdminCP home.

Then have a look at this post for the solution to up these values.
Also have a look at this post at vB.com (but ignore the MySQL part as DownloadsII is only using the file system).

Add-ons

There are currently no official add-ons. Unofficial add-ons are listed below.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Main.jpg
Views:	11344
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	108404   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Category.jpg
Views:	10032
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	108405   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_File.jpg
Views:	9638
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	108406   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Add_File.jpg
Views:	5916
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	108407  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Search.jpg
Views:	5800
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	108409   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_AdminCP_Settings.jpg
Views:	5420
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	108410   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_AdminCP_Categories.jpg
Views:	4501
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	108411  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions DownloadsII RS_Jelle vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 4362 23 Oct 2020 18:56
Add-On Releases DownloadsII ver 5.0 vbAdvanced Add-On CyberRanger vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 159 01 Jul 2011 19:15

Old 25 Feb 2012, 10:17

How do I get rid of this Pinned option for Regular users? I only want my staff to be able to Pin topics.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 11:36

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by squidsk View Post
There's no paid version, he's referring to another downloads plugin that has a paid version to get many of the feature that come free with this one.
Ah ok ok. Thank you.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 01:55

Guys, Im getting a phrase error. I uninstalled because I simply dont use it and it left some language phrases in the database. I tried to remove it with phpmyadmin but ended up screwing up the entire language phrase table. (thank god for the tool.php). Anyway here's the error, can one of you explain how to remove it correctly.

Thanks...

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 28 Feb 2012, 11:02

Originally Posted by ilanyon View Post
Hi and sincere apologies if this has been answered previously. I searched, but couldn't find it...

Is anyone able to tell me where/how I can increase the length of the filename field (ie number of characters in the filename field)?

Within the downloads2_file_addit template, I have changed the 'maxlength to 100 as below:

<div class="blockrow">
<label for="title">{vb:rawphrase dl2_file_name}:</label>
<div><input type="text" class="primary textbox" name="title" id="title" value="{vb:raw newfile.title}" maxlength="100" tabindex="1" /></div>

But this doesn't seem to have made any difference...help please?

Really appreciated!

Ian
Please help.
Title still have 50 length in filelist in category, where I can change it ?

-------------
Edit: 28.02.2012 18:37
-------------

Problem solved. I change it in database.

Last edited by gargamello; 28 Feb 2012 at 17:37.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 12:39

While I was trying to edit a file the power went off and after I turned on my PC the file is giving an error "invalid file ID". How to retrieve the old file? Please help me someone..
Old 01 Mar 2012, 02:33

commercial version

do you have any commercial version of it with password protection & easy management. since some one else taking advantage of your ideas
Old 01 Mar 2012, 10:02

Hi

Can this be used as an image uploader, with images viewable on theards with [IMG] tags.

Dave
Old 01 Mar 2012, 10:22

I have installed this modification on my website http://www.indiagarage.com/downloads.php, Can you please tell me How I can fix the URL of this, I mean I require the category name in the URL Can you please help me out with the same.

Regards,
David
Old 01 Mar 2012, 18:13

Originally Posted by Scalemotorcars View Post
Guys, Im getting a phrase error. I uninstalled because I simply dont use it and it left some language phrases in the database. I tried to remove it with phpmyadmin but ended up screwing up the entire language phrase table. (thank god for the tool.php). Anyway here's the error, can one of you explain how to remove it correctly.

Thanks...

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
Sounds like an installation error in that the phrase group wasn't installed correctly. Try re-installing.

Originally Posted by anandbagmane View Post
do you have any commercial version of it with password protection & easy management. since some one else taking advantage of your ideas
Downloads can be limited by usergroup, so have a group that you control access to with permissions to download. Also don't store the downloads in your web directory so that people can't link directly to the download if they guess the name.

Originally Posted by tricksodave View Post
Hi

Can this be used as an image uploader, with images viewable on theards with [IMG] tags.

Dave
No, why would you want to waste your bandwidth for that when there are plenty of free image hosting sites on the web.

Originally Posted by David_R View Post
I have installed this modification on my website http://www.indiagarage.com/downloads.php, Can you please tell me How I can fix the URL of this, I mean I require the category name in the URL Can you please help me out with the same.

Regards,
David
The category id is already in the url, why do you need the name as well? This would require a fairly hefty code rewrite to achieve and would remove the ability to have categories with the same name. For example if you have two categories each with a subcategory of the same name you would no longer be able to do it.
Old 02 Mar 2012, 00:59

Thanks for this great plugin
i found a bug on my site if i upload a file with a name like the following
i uploaded this: enigma2-plugin-extensions-et-webbrowser_1.4-r0_et9x00.ipk
when i try to download i get this: enigma2-plugin-extensions-et-webbrowser_1.-r0_et9x00.ipk
hope you can help
Old 02 Mar 2012, 03:26

Originally Posted by David_R View Post

Regards,
David
I think he is talking about SEO URL's -- id be interested in this to. I was going to work on my own modification, ill let you know if I get this completed.
Old 03 Mar 2012, 16:51

Is there anyway when a category image is being used (like in subs) that the category name (in text) will be hidden? It looks weird that both the clickable image and text is being shown.

Last edited by Skyrider; 03 Mar 2012 at 16:57.
Old 05 Mar 2012, 08:08

I need to redirect the users to another page once they click the download button. Anyone have any idea how to do this?
Old 05 Mar 2012, 09:58

Originally Posted by hasidoo View Post
I need to redirect the users to another page once they click the download button. Anyone have any idea how to do this?
Use the Link to URL option?
Old 05 Mar 2012, 22:17

Question

Is there any chance to get the "ratings" of each uploaded file getting shown at the downloads main site! I meant that anybody can see ratings for each file (i. e. near date/Comments/downloads)?

Here is an example (click on thumb for full view!)