Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 07:46
SEOvB's Avatar
SEOvB SEOvB is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Real name: Jarvis
Originally Posted by Wayne Luke View Post
Microsoft investing hundreds of millions into Apple Computer Inc. in the mid-90s to prevent the company from going into bankruptcy and closing.

Apple buying out the creative inventor of the iPod and selling it to the masses. Without the Apple buyout, you probably wouldn't even have an iPod today.

Google purchasing Blogger and Youtube. Both services have expanded and provide more options to users now.

Hewlett Packard's purchase of Compaq computers which increased the features available on their computers and the quality while lowering prices for consumers across the board.

Disney Studios purchase of ABC to provide a wider range of offerings to customers around the world.

Adelphia's buyout by Time Warner which brought lower prices and more selection to millions of customers.

You win.
  #32  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 08:15
PixelFx PixelFx is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bunny!

*cringes* I hope tis works out, although wondering how this will effect those of us with commercial hacks for vbulletin.
  #33  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 08:16
LEAD_WEIGHT LEAD_WEIGHT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Jose Amaral Rego
I did not know that Microsoft did that? I thought it was cause Steve Jobs leaving and creating his own computer company and 'NeXT' the computer that was suppose to bring down Apple. I still have a dozen Black 21in monitors and they still work till this day.

I just had to change the power cord and place an vga adapter to work on P.C. computers.
  #34  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 08:25
Capt. GannA Capt. GannA is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Not cool :/
  #35  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 09:15
Luky Luky is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Jay
Originally Posted by Wayne Luke View Post
Microsoft investing hundreds of millions into Apple Computer Inc. in the mid-90s to prevent the company from going into bankruptcy and closing.

Apple buying out the creative inventor of the iPod and selling it to the masses. Without the Apple buyout, you probably wouldn't even have an iPod today.

Google purchasing Blogger and Youtube. Both services have expanded and provide more options to users now.

Hewlett Packard's purchase of Compaq computers which increased the features available on their computers and the quality while lowering prices for consumers across the board.

Disney Studios purchase of ABC to provide a wider range of offerings to customers around the world.

Adelphia's buyout by Time Warner which brought lower prices and more selection to millions of customers.
1. Microsoft gave apple money, they didnt buy apple. Thus making that statement an incorrect answer to his question.

2. iPods are crap, they are made to cheaply, screen scratches, batteries die after 2-3 years and its impossible to get some good support.

3. Blogger is for noobs, as is a free forum host. Most people these days that want quality, no adds forced apon them and the customisation they want themself will purchase and host professionally. Also with their YouTube, i pefered the old layout much better then the new beta layout for the viewing of videos and the search results. Also Youtube are deleting alot of videos that should be deleted, for example videos against religion. How is that fair for people to say how good religion is but we are not allowed to say the bad things about it.

4. HP are very cheap, only a few hundred dollars for an extremly low spec machine. You can even buy them at Target. You are mad to purchase one.

5. ABC is nothing but documentary's, cooking and kid shows, i goto school for that crap.

6. I dont even know what Adelphia is.

The morral is, we use a product and a company because we like the product and the company, the way it is. We donot throw our money at you to make large changes as this. And dont say its not large, because it is. vBulletin is worth over hundreds of thousands, if not more, with the money you guys pull in.
  #36  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 09:27
SuperTaz's Avatar
SuperTaz SuperTaz is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Real name: Jeremy
Originally Posted by blazingpc View Post
I'm seeing price hikes in the near future.

Larger companies\corporations like to see LARGER profit margins and at the same time cut corners.

I agree. When one company takes another company over, they tend to be greedy and have prices skyrocket through the roof. If that is the case, then I might not renew my license. We'll see what happens.
__________________
Global Gamers
My Modifications
  #37  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 09:53
bikers bikers is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
I bought 3 IPB licenses for my forums because of this. Just incase.
  #38  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 10:46
Luky Luky is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Jay
Originally Posted by bikers View Post
I bought 3 IPB licenses for my forums because of this. Just incase.
Wtf? Are you a mad man? Thats friggen crazy! You just spent almost 300$ on something your not even certain on!?!?!
  #39  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 11:11
LEAD_WEIGHT LEAD_WEIGHT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Jose Amaral Rego
Originally Posted by Luky View Post
Wtf? Are you a mad man? Thats friggen crazy! You just spent almost 300$ on something your not even certain on!?!?!
He post this same over at vBulletin.com

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...&postcount=134


I am glad the owner got his baby bought, as this is what most creators of anything on the net would love to have. He probable wish Microsoft & Google would of been in a bidding war over his script.

Last edited by LEAD_WEIGHT; 05 Jul 2007 at 11:15.
  #40  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 12:20
Snake's Avatar
Snake Snake is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Real name: Josh
Gee, I wish if I live in the UK where I could work for Jelsoft and make it to the top. =[
  #41  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 12:35
LEAD_WEIGHT LEAD_WEIGHT is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Jose Amaral Rego
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Gee, I wish if I live in the UK where I could work for Jelsoft and make it to the top. =[
Why live in the U.K. when they are hiring in the USA
http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers...T&cws=2&rid=65
  #42  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 13:18
Marco van Herwaarden Marco van Herwaarden is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Originally Posted by LEAD_WEIGHT View Post
Why live in the U.K. when they are hiring in the USA
http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers...T&cws=2&rid=65
That is not Jelsoft hiring, and that job offer has already been posted before Jelsoft was acquired as far as i know.
__________________
Marco van Herwaarden
Ex vBulletin.org Coordinator
  #43  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 13:33
tschai's Avatar
tschai tschai is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Real name: Tschai
I hope the (technical) staff will benefit from this financially, I think they do deserve this...

For all the doom-thinkers: there are a lot of (good) alternatives, so if the new 'managment' will screw up, they'll be 'corrected' by the customers soon and hard enough so, no worries with me...
  #44  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 13:44
nexialys
Guest
 
Originally Posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
That is not Jelsoft hiring, and that job offer has already been posted before Jelsoft was acquired as far as i know.
actually, negociations for aquiring Jelsoft did not start 2 days before the announcement... and i'm sure it is not from last week either... so i suppose the IB guys had something in mind when they posted this job call...

actually, this is a good job call... why someone would have a problem with it ?!.. .that just mean that IB have a lot of vBulletin boards - all their sites are managed with vB for the curious...

people are freaking about the transaction but damn, the deal is good, why focus on that... it is not Jelsoft the problem actually...
  #45  
Old 05 Jul 2007, 13:46
Dr.NoTime Dr.NoTime is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Real name: Rob
As with any business the owners are seeking a profit, so if they have an opportunity to better themselves, good deal. Only time will tell if the new owners keep the product first rate and affordable.
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:42.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: