Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 21 Oct 2013, 13:41
CAG CheechDogg's Avatar
CAG CheechDogg CAG CheechDogg is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Originally Posted by dizzynation View Post
Just throwing this out there, but typically people who have never used it on a populated site tend to state comments just as yours but they would never know how much "more" traffic they would be getting.

I personally (from google analytics) saw an increase in organic traffic of 40% in the first month.

I see people talking about one or two options that vBSEO has but if you have it, then you know what I mean when I say "there are 30-40 options that can really help the SEO of your site"

If anyone is looking to get into SEO I suggest following WebmasterTools (Matt Cutts) on youtube, in the 500 videos he has you can see how many of the features vbseo provides is crucial to being optimized

Though.... This was with 3.8.7, now with 4.2 I do see it being needed less and less, but there are still some options that VB cannot provide that as an SEO I would not do without.

--------------- Added 21 Oct 2013 at 00:04 ---------------



PageRank has nothing to do with vbseo
What makes you think I have never worked with vBSEO? lol...

I don't use it because I do not need it, I haven't in the past and I have worked on sites that use it or have used it and if you do have fresh content all the time with proper titles you will be fine.

You have your opinion on this and I have mine, I am doing just great without it and have been in the past. Don't go assuming my Man, I could actually say more here but I will not because causing an argument with you is not what I want to do .

Have a good day !
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 21 Oct 2013, 16:32
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by dizzynation View Post
I have a feeling that this comment suggested I was wrong, but now you realized I was right
Umm, neither. My post was a "inside joke" taking a dig at a friend. But you made it more entertaining!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 21 Oct 2013, 20:16
dizzynation's Avatar
dizzynation dizzynation is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
Umm, neither. My post was a "inside joke" taking a dig at a friend. But you made it more entertaining!
Inside jokes on a forum - Ive used that one

--------------- Added 21 Oct 2013 at 20:18 ---------------

Originally Posted by CAG CheechDogg View Post
What makes you think I have never worked with vBSEO? lol...

I don't use it because I do not need it, I haven't in the past and I have worked on sites that use it or have used it and if you do have fresh content all the time with proper titles you will be fine.

You have your opinion on this and I have mine, I am doing just great without it and have been in the past. Don't go assuming my Man, I could actually say more here but I will not because causing an argument with you is not what I want to do .

Have a good day !
Nobody needs vBSEO
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 21 Oct 2013, 22:08
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by dizzynation View Post
Inside jokes on a forum - Ive used that one
Now you're just being silly.

Nobody needs vBSEO
E-Zackly.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 22 Oct 2013, 22:55
Afrika Afrika is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
the vbseo page seems to come back there is an database error now
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 26 Oct 2013, 16:27
BGObsession's Avatar
BGObsession BGObsession is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Just verifying - it sounds like if we try to install vbseo files we are using on a current site on another domain, that not only will it not work on the new domain, but it may cease working on the original domain as well? Can anyone verify that's the case?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 28 Oct 2013, 06:31
FreshFroot's Avatar
FreshFroot FreshFroot is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by BGObsession View Post
Just verifying - it sounds like if we try to install vbseo files we are using on a current site on another domain, that not only will it not work on the new domain, but it may cease working on the original domain as well? Can anyone verify that's the case?
No it should work on the domain listed no matter.

However, as of last week many people have problems with vBSEO. It seems like it's due to their server not functioning properly. Therefore, keys cannot be verified and vBSEO doesn't function.

I have made fixes myself to make vBSEO work and function still.

If you are interested feel free to privately contact me.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 28 Oct 2013, 21:07
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
No it should work on the domain listed no matter.

However, as of last week many people have problems with vBSEO. It seems like it's due to their server not functioning properly. Therefore, keys cannot be verified and vBSEO doesn't function.

I have made fixes myself to make vBSEO work and function still.

If you are interested feel free to privately contact me.
Yeah, nice..selling fixes to profit from Vbseo demise. And you don't post public because of policy?

Anyhow, Vbseo is gone I think without a word to anyone about it or any support what so ever. Nice bunch of people there..
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 29 Oct 2013, 04:32
r5e r5e is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
I actually had disabled vbseo plugins some time ago, then later removed them and deleted all the files. However, I have still got the suspect file versions tool reporting vbseo files missing. I realised I still had .htaccess and have since amended that, but still I have this problem.

Additionally, my site will only work when I disable plugins globally, even though I have individually disabled each plugin. It just started happening suddenly last week (like the others I also hear about). I have re-uploaded every single file (from a fresh 4.2.2 download), but somehow remnants of VBSEO hang on and I can't seem to remove it properly from my site.

Does anyone know of a step by step process to properly remove it (apart from uninstalling the product and deleting the files - which I've already done)?
__________________
www.biofuelsforum.com

Last edited by r5e; 29 Oct 2013 at 14:21.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 29 Oct 2013, 08:49
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
Yeah, nice..selling fixes to profit from Vbseo demise. And you don't post public because of policy?

Anyhow, Vbseo is gone I think without a word to anyone about it or any support what so ever. Nice bunch of people there..
From the little bit I've been able to glean, it wasn't "a bunch of people", as it were, but a number of things involving dispute over site ownership, and yes, malaise, too. As with any business, you didn't have people just not showing up to work little by little. Something happened at the top.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 29 Oct 2013, 12:53
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
I agree with that Jedi. The person who is responsible is the guy at the top. The least they could have done was to leave some support options or maybe even send an email explaining. I feel worst though for the people that just bought this product.

r5e - What urls are you using now? If not using mod rewrite than you need no htaccess at all. If you are using Vbulletin seo mod rewrite than you will need to use the htaccess for it.

When you uninstalled Vbseo be removing the plug in, when you got to the part where it asked you if you wanted to delete all the data did you say yes?

Post what is showing up from Vbseo rememanants as you say.

Thanks
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 29 Oct 2013, 14:18
r5e r5e is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
r5e - What urls are you using now? If not using mod rewrite than you need no htaccess at all. If you are using Vbulletin seo mod rewrite than you will need to use the htaccess for it.
I'm using the built-in vbulletin rewrite and I've got their .htaccess file going. Seems to be working.

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
When you uninstalled Vbseo be removing the plug in, when you got to the part where it asked you if you wanted to delete all the data did you say yes?
Actually, I did this some months ago and I can't remember exactly whether I did say "yes" to removing data or not. Perhaps I thought it safer not to.... Sadly, I have no way of going back and finding out, short of reinstalling VBSEO and re-uninstalling. I did consider doing this, but of course there is no VBSEO left to download it from.

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
Post what is showing up from Vbseo rememanants as you say.
I have posted a pic of my current plugins. You'll see that no VBSEO plugins exist and also that all of them are disabled individually, as well as globally (yet as soon as I enable globally, my forum instantly breaks - white pages only). I have also posted a pic of my suspect file versions. As you can see, it is reporting index and forum.php with wrong content. I have verified these files are fine and reuploaded many times, but no difference. You'll also see that old VBSEO files I deleted long ago are still reported missing.

Any ideas to properly remove this would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Plugins.PNG (59.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png SusFiles.PNG (44.1 KB, 4 views)
__________________
www.biofuelsforum.com

Last edited by r5e; 29 Oct 2013 at 14:23.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 29 Oct 2013, 18:24
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
Are you getting any errors or anything like that? If not I would not worry about it but otherwise I am sure there are still vbseo tables left in your database.

Also, are you sure you removed all of the files?
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 29 Oct 2013, 19:55
Bob_R Bob_R is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Would someone be kind enough to post the exact directions on how to uninstall VBSEO?

Since their site no longer exists I cannot get their directions.

I have no problems with it installed but obviously they'll be no more updates. I don't think it's hurting anything by leaving it installed. Yes or No?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 29 Oct 2013, 20:14
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
Use the Way Back machine and just find the url. If you give me a few minutes I will do it.. Instructions though are basic..Uninstall plug in, remove all files, remove htaccess..

--------------- Added 29 Oct 2013 at 15:17 ---------------

Here ya go

https://web.archive.org/web/20130122...all-vbseo-238/
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.


Last edited by RichieBoy67; 29 Oct 2013 at 20:44.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: