Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 02 Apr 2011, 07:07

Hi Lynne,

vB 4.1.2

We tried several times to remove the code precisely as you suggested from the navbar template but the What's New button remains intact. Also tried clearing CMS cache but no luck. Has something else changed in 4.1.2 and do we need to do anything special?

Please help...

Thanks!
Old 02 Apr 2011, 17:40

Make sure you are editing the correct style. There is no way you could remove all that code and still have the tab. If you are not using a default style, then make sure it isn't in there twice. And, make sure a modification is not adding the tab.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 13 May 2011, 00:43

Thank you for this article! Very helpful and less involved than the first article I read on the subject.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 20:33

parse error

I made the changes above as best I could and got the following error message when complete (it did remove my "Home" and "Blog" buttons which is what I wanted)

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home2/hersheyi/public_html/forum/includes/class_bootstrap.php(537) : eval()'d code on line 9"

but how do I correct that?

I did notice that for your removing the Blog button code your code did not match mine (see both exampled below) so I commented out the section I thought applied.

Yours:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Mine:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

HELP!
Old 26 Jul 2011, 00:40

That is not how you comment out php. You use /* at the beginning and */ at the end. If you use those for that section that you showed, then it will work. <!-- and --> are used for commenting out html.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 14:54

Thanks!!

THANK YOU, LYNNE! That fixed it, you're wonderful!
Old 23 Sep 2011, 16:54

This on vbulletin 4.1.6 work or not? i vanto setup but i m not sure. Please send message about this.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 02:01

Hi,
I need a bit of direction to make sure I am deleting the "What's New" & Forum Tab from the right file.

I went to Style Manager - From The templates I selected Navigation / Breadcrumb then navbar

I followed your instruction but it's not saving the changes and error massage ask me to check line 184

I am using vb 4.1.7 and I need to move the 2 tabs please.

Regards

Last edited by christian gate; 28 Oct 2011 at 05:38.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 16:39

To Remove the BLOG navtab:
Plugins & Products > Plugin Manager > Product: vBulletin Blog > Navbar: Eval Blog Link Template and Validate Styleid

You can just check the box Inactive for it to disappear from the Navtab now.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 13:35

this is different from vb4.1.7 and my styles.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 17:49

Originally Posted by FReeSTER View Post
this is different from vb4.1.7 and my styles.
I just checked all this in my 4.1.8 navbar template and it's pretty much the same. If you have a custom template, you'll have to try to figure it out yourself or ask the developer for help.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 29 Dec 2011, 16:22

cant remove 'Forum' tab from navbar

Hi Lynne,

I went through your artilce and successfully removed most navbar tabs (thanks !)

except i cannot remove the 'Forum' tab, i dont see the code that you specify needs to be removed from 'Navbar: Eval Blog Link Template and Validate Styleid', perhaps i am looking in the wrong place or because my version is new there is different code to removed. I have version. 4.1.9.

This is the code I have for 'Edit Plugin Navbar: Eval Blog Link Template and Validate Styleid'

----------
$show['canpostitems'] = (
$vbulletin->userinfo['permissions']['vbblog_general_permissions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_vbblog_general_permissions['blog_canviewown']
AND
$vbulletin->userinfo['permissions']['vbblog_entry_permissions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_vbblog_entry_permissions['blog_canpost']
AND
$vbulletin->userinfo['userid']
);

/*if (defined('VBBLOG_CACHED_TEMPLATES'))
{
if (defined('VBBLOG_SCRIPT'))
{
$vbulletin->options['selectednavtab'] = 'vbblog';
}
$template_hook['navtab_middle'] .= vB_Template::create('blog_navbar_link')->render();
$template_hook['navbar_getnew_menu'] .= vB_Template::create('blog_navbar_whatsnew_link')->render();
}
*/

if (STYLEID != $vbulletin->userinfo['blogstyleid'])
{
$vbulletin->userinfo['blocktext'] = '';
}

----------

Any help would be appreciated from anyone, thanks.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 17:06

The Forum tab is in the navbar template, not a plugin. That plugin you are quoting is for the Blog tab. The code has changed a little, but the condition is still there - comment it out.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 16 Jan 2012, 05:24

The remove Blog Tab info and what to take out is different than the code in the start of this Article.

Which part to remove from here:
$show['canpostitems'] = (
$vbulletin->userinfo['permissions']['vbblog_general_permissions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_vbblog_general_permissions['blog_canviewown']
AND
$vbulletin->userinfo['permissions']['vbblog_entry_permissions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_vbblog_entry_permissions['blog_canpost']
AND
$vbulletin->userinfo['userid']
);

if (defined('VBBLOG_CACHED_TEMPLATES'))
{
if (defined('VBBLOG_SCRIPT'))
{
$vbulletin->options['selectednavtab'] = 'vbblog';
}
$template_hook['navtab_middle'] .= vB_Template::create('blog_navbar_link')->render();
$template_hook['navbar_getnew_menu'] .= vB_Template::create('blog_navbar_whatsnew_link')->render();
}

if (STYLEID != $vbulletin->userinfo['blogstyleid'])
{
$vbulletin->userinfo['blocktext'] = '';
}
Old 11 Feb 2012, 16:42

thanks for the info

Similar Article
Article Author Type Replies Last Post
Moderators Functions 'No redirect' and 'Physically remove' by default Sofia vBulletin 3.8 Template Modifications 15 29 Jan 2013 11:07