Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27 Oct 2013, 18:46

Question Non-ban Contact us form?

When you ban someone they cannot do anything.

Is there a way to allow them to use the 'contact us' form?

I didn't see any option for this in the banned usergroup

Also, is there a way for the admin to send a e-mail just to the banned member?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 19:38

Are you sure you don't have a mod that is stopping the banned group from sending something through contact us? I just tried it on my site and I am able to send using a banned member.

You can send email to banned members by choosing the group in Send Email to Users.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 19:55

Question

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Are you sure you don't have a mod that is stopping the banned group from sending something through contact us? I just tried it on my site and I am able to send using a banned member.
Not that I know of, but I am using vBContact and maybe that is blocking it.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 19:59

I see there is a setting in that mod to exclude usergroups from using the mod, are you sure the banned group is not in there?
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:00

Smile

Yes, that section is empty.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:13

It has to be something in that mod, as it uses a different form for the contact us. I can't put my finger on it, so I would ask in the thread for the mod.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 01:18

Question

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
You can send email to banned members by choosing the group in Send Email to Users.
There is no place to enter their username, plus it says that form sends batch mail for 500 people....
Old 28 Oct 2013, 01:24

Sure there is, it's the first thing in the Search Criteria

Last edited by ozzy47; 28 Oct 2013 at 01:36.