Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
vBulletin Cron Based Database Backup Details »
vBulletin Cron Based Database Backup
Mod Version: 4.2.0.2, by Paul M (Member) Paul M is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (160 votes - 4.89 average) Installs: 1436
Released: 28 Dec 2009 Last Update: 26 Nov 2013 Downloads: 7175
Not Supported Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

As of 23 Nov 2017 this modification has been withdrawn.

This is a cut down version based on a backup system written by Trigunflame for vb 3.0. It is a simple vBulletin cron trigged php system that does a dump of your database - either as one complete file, or as one file per table. Especially useful now that IB removed the old ACP backup option in vBulletin 4. Files can be (G)Zipped to save space.

All the options are located in the ACP in vBulletin Options >> vBulletin Automatic Backup

To install, download and unzip the files, and follow the instructions in the text file.


History:

v4.0.1 : 28-Dec-2009 : Initial release for vb 4.0.0 Gold.
v4.0.2 : 29-Dec-2009 : Added ability to block process larger tables.
v4.0.3 : 27-Jun-2010 : Added Gzip option.

v4.1.0 : 04-Dec-2010 : Updated for vBulletin 4.1.0.

v4.1.7.0 : 16-Oct-2011 : Updated for vBulletin 4.1.7.

v4.2.0.0 : 24-May-2012 : Updated for vBulletin 4.2.0.
v4.2.0.1 : 17-Mar-2013 : Removed vboptions from backup call..
v4.2.0.2 : 25-Nov-2013 : Fix php 5.3 deprecated warnings, added mysqldump backup.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Show Your Support

  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Vbulletin Database Backup Pro (Cron Support) Trigunflame vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 443 05 Sep 2008 16:12

  #976  
Old 20 Aug 2014, 20:09
Powerlynx Powerlynx is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
ok...how much time would be involved to do something like that you think? and I would like to be able to link my computer up with the server so it automatically backs up to an external hard drive which I physically have.
Reply With Quote
  #977  
Old 20 Aug 2014, 20:16
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
I think you can do this yourself through your host/server cpanel. They must have a back up option with a scheduled task

who is your host and what kind of server do you have?
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #978  
Old 20 Aug 2014, 21:06
Powerlynx Powerlynx is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
its GoDaddy...(don't laugh :/ lol) not sure which server, but the last one that will work with the vB Pro Garage mod as that has a server upgrade limit.

I'm looking for a "set it and forget it" backup program, something always taking care of itself...all on it's own with no multiple steps for me to do.

I have seen other backups but I can't find anything out there fully automated, they are all like piece-by-piece backups with steps inbetween that have to be performed manually by the admin and I don't want to have to do any interaction with it.
Reply With Quote
  #979  
Old 20 Aug 2014, 21:17
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
No laughing here, lots of people use Godaddy. I do not particularly like them for hosting but I have about most of my domains registered with them.

At any rate I believe you can set up a cron task()scheduled task) using their back up system and set it to keep only 1 or 2 back ups. I cannot recall though if this is built in or part of the managed back up service they offer. You could always opt for that. http://support.godaddy.com/help/arti...anaged-backups

I do not even know though if you have a VPS, shared or dedicated plan.
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #980  
Old 20 Aug 2014, 21:36
doctorsexy's Avatar
doctorsexy doctorsexy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
This is just for database.

You need something on your server to do as you want.



BigDump: Staggered MySQL Dump Importer

http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/
__________________
http://sandstormradio.org
Reply With Quote
  #981  
Old 20 Aug 2014, 21:45
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
Originally Posted by doctorsexy View Post
BigDump: Staggered MySQL Dump Importer

http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/
Bigdump is for databases.. He wants something that will back up his entire server on its own, files and database..Bigdump does not do that.
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #982  
Old 20 Aug 2014, 22:25
Powerlynx Powerlynx is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I need something that will mirror my site "completely" everything in it's place, like literally a sister site being an exact duplicate running in parallel to the original site where I can have the sister site doing daily backups on a server and right to my own computer.
Reply With Quote
  #983  
Old 20 Aug 2014, 22:35
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
I believe their managed back up will do that..
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #984  
Old 21 Aug 2014, 08:42
charlesr charlesr is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Use this mod to create the database dump during the quiet hours and then use something else to backup the files and dump. GoDaddy might do server snapshotting for you if you throw money at them.
Reply With Quote
  #985  
Old 21 Aug 2014, 09:06
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
Use this mod to create the database dump during the quiet hours and then use something else to backup the files and dump. GoDaddy might do server snapshotting for you if you throw money at them.
Well yeah.. What would the something else be?
I think he wants something he doesn't have to worry about. I would look into the godaddy managed back up option myself even if it costs a few bucks.
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #986  
Old 21 Aug 2014, 10:27
charlesr charlesr is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I use WinSCP but it's manual so I only bother once a week. There must be an automated solution for rsync in windows though (assuming you leave your machine on). The cheapest offsite solution would be amazon's cloud service, but learning to use it is a pain.

Last edited by charlesr; 21 Aug 2014 at 10:36.
Reply With Quote
  #987  
Old 22 Aug 2014, 19:49
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
I love this mod but would love to see a feature for limiting the amount of back ups made. I use this on many client sites in addition to my own and sometimes I forget about it and a couple months later their entire server is filled. lol

I would like to limit it to 2 or 3 back ups stored if possible.
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #988  
Old 22 Aug 2014, 19:52
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
I use WinSCP but it's manual so I only bother once a week. There must be an automated solution for rsync in windows though (assuming you leave your machine on). The cheapest offsite solution would be amazon's cloud service, but learning to use it is a pain.
In addition to using this mod for databases on certain back ups I also have my Plesk dedicated server run nightly back ups directly to ftp storage my host offers that is on another drive location. I do not have to touch this at all ever and I think this is what the op wants.

I do try to download a back up to my pc as well every couple weeks but my internet service provider(Cox) starts sending out threat letters when I use to much bandwith.
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #989  
Old 22 Aug 2014, 21:47
bzcomputers's Avatar
bzcomputers bzcomputers is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
I love this mod but would love to see a feature for limiting the amount of back ups made. I use this on many client sites in addition to my own and sometimes I forget about it and a couple months later their entire server is filled. lol

I would like to limit it to 2 or 3 back ups stored if possible.
I limit it to just 7 backups by changing the "Date Format" in the settings. If you just use "D" (which stands for day of the week) as the date format then you will only get 7 backups before they start to overwrite themselves.

yourprefixMon-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixTue-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixWed-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixThu-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixFri-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixSat-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixSun-Full-Backup.sql.gz

Then after 7 days they will just overwrite each other. You no longer need to delete old backups which as you mentioned, everyone forgets to before they get an alert about disk space. Extremely useful if you're running multiple sites too!

I figure if I don't know within a week that I need a backup for a site then I really don't need the backup.

...My server runs nightly backups too, but you can never be too safe.
Reply With Quote
  #990  
Old 22 Aug 2014, 21:55
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
Originally Posted by bzcomputers View Post
I limit it to just 7 backups by changing the "Date Format" in the settings. If you just use "D" (which stands for day of the week) as the date format then you will only get 7 backups before they start to overwrite themselves.

yourprefixMon-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixTue-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixWed-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixThu-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixFri-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixSat-Full-Backup.sql.gz
yourprefixSun-Full-Backup.sql.gz

Then after 7 days they will just overwrite each other. You no longer need to delete old backups which as you mentioned, everyone forgets to before they get an alert about disk space. Extremely useful if you're running multiple sites too!

I figure if I don't know within a week that I need a backup for a site then I really don't need the backup.

...My server runs nightly backups too, but you can never be too safe.
I never thought of that! Great idea!
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:19.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: