Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23 Jan 2015, 18:55

Thanks for all this feedback and input. Please keep it coming. Based on the input here and some other forums where this concept is under discussion, here is the latest option from our designer:

PastedGraphic-3.jpg
Old 24 Jan 2015, 07:12

Not so impressed, honestly. Just lokks like some sort of left-aligned button in Word. How would anyone connect that to a discussion forum?

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 24 Jan 2015, 08:13

I like it, but I still think it evokes a feature of a forum, rather than an entire community. I know he's trying to keep it simple for scalability. But a compromise might be needed here, where a couple of forum-eque symbols are used to convey a larger concept. Because the single symbol isn't quite nailing it.

As a really, really rough example of what I'm saying.

Forum.png

Okay, that's not great. But you get the idea of what I'm saying. Something that combines two critical aspects of the forum, rather than one that's not especially distinct from BBCode formatting buttons.
Old 26 Jan 2015, 19:25

Thanks Digital Jedi. Great feedback. It doesn't sound like people were seeing the "F" for forum in the last design. It was supposed to convey threaded conversations and an "F"
Old 27 Jan 2015, 10:06

Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
Thanks Digital Jedi. Great feedback. It doesn't sound like people were seeing the "F" for forum in the last design. It was supposed to convey threaded conversations and an "F"
I definitely missed that. I think the way each bar contracts as it descends is what threw me. Now if it had been part of a word logo, that would haven't been missed as easily. But by itself, I just didn't see the "F" insinuation. And, again, it so closely resembles a formatting button.
Old 02 Feb 2015, 20:34

I think it's very important to show the community aspect of a forum. I like the icon Digital Jedi suggested here.