Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Inferno Quiz v2.2 Details »
Inferno Quiz v2.2
Developer Last Online: Feb 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.5.0 Beta 1 Rating: (12 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 326
Released: 15 Jun 2005 Last Update: 15 Jun 2005 Downloads: 1857
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits  

Port of: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=80780

However, the system has a pretty big back-end, it's possible i over-looked a bit or 2, so if you encounter errors/php errors please feel free to let me know in this thread and i'll try to get them fixed asap

v2.2 Updates: (Upgrade instructions inside ZIP)
- Several areas of code otptimized (query reduction)
- Uncached templates now cached
- Ability in main options to choose default usergroups to participate/view results to be auto filled in when adding quizzes.

Enjoy,

- Zero Tolerance

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
vB Quiz (vb3) New Quiz Notification sabret00the vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 17 12 Mar 2009 23:30
Inferno Quiz v2.1 Zero Tolerance vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 357 10 Aug 2008 19:36
vB Quiz (vb3) Quiz Moderation Panel Enhancement sabret00the vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 12 01 Nov 2007 21:10
Ebux for Inferno Quiz amykhar vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 32 19 Jun 2006 00:55

Old 22 Feb 2011, 13:34

Could someone point in the right direction in quiz.php to fix this issue;

If a select a custom user group and add this only to a quiz it wont let you take it. I have added the user group to the main settings ect but I think it is because it is not checking for custom user groups as well as main?
Old 22 Feb 2011, 16:43

Never mind I fixed it the coder forgot to query the table that holds the additional usergroups
which is "membergroupids"

Update I'm using 3.8.2 So somewhere between this mod release and I think 3.6.0 VB added the additional members table and although this mod sees them and allows you to select the additional members groups per quiz it does not query them for permissions because that table was all one at the time. I have fixed this for people who have any VB version which uses additional user groups well up to 3.8.2 maybe higher but can not test any higher here. I have added a new Var for the membergroupids table and changed the if permission statement.

Why do you want this? Well you can have a subscription only quiz with a prize, the quiz is set to only allow a certain additional member group which is auto added to any member through the subscription options voila Now the permissions work lol! And it makes it far more flexible for special events without having to change the users main group.

The new var added is
$Your_MID = $vbulletin->userinfo[''membergroupids'];

And replacing the if statement of
if (!in_array($Your_ID,$Perms['Participate']))

with

if (!(in_array($Your_ID,$Perms['Participate']) || in_array($Your_MID,$Perms['Participate'])))

Both to be done in 3 occurenceses.

Or replace your quiz.php with the one I have already modded.

NB: Rename your old one to quizold.php then upload mine as is if it does not work for you, you can just delete mine and rename your quizold.php back to quiz.php I know standard practice everyone should know but just in case

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: php quiz.php (25.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by 1F42; 23 Feb 2011 at 17:54.