Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 13 Mar 2014, 06:44

How to create new post page
Old 13 Mar 2014, 10:30

You need to explain a bit more detail what it is you want to do.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 18:57

Originally Posted by rupak View Post
How to create new post page
This is a tutorial on how to create the new page. The coding for what the page actual does is up to you. There is nothing in this tutorial to help you with actually coding your page.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 20 Apr 2014, 10:43

I've got this "How-To" sussed completely fine from your instructions so thank you very much, but I'm having an issue with Twitch.tv chat embedding that I cannot find anywhere else...

I can embed the video section no issue, but the chat window just doesn't seem to load, I tried loads of things last night to no avail, this morning remoted into work and tested with both IE and Firefox which led the issue to only appear on IE.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="378" width="620" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=videogamertv" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=www.twitch.tv&channel=videogamertv&auto_play=true&start_volume=2 5" /></object>
The above video embed works fine.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://twitch.tv/videogamertv/chat?popout=" height="500" width="350"></iframe>
The above chat window does not, nothing loads and if I change the frameborder to 1 then I get the frame.

I don't own that channel and see chat embedded on various sites using the same code but I am not having any luck.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Andy

--------------- Added 20 Apr 2014 at 10:47 ---------------

I grabbed the chat HTML code over into Dreamweaver and previewed it in my browser from my local machine, the chat box loaded fine, that's the reason I've posted here before posting on the Twitch support site, it looks like it may be vBulletin related and from what I've seen there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site..!

Enough compliments..?

--------------- Added 20 Apr 2014 at 10:53 ---------------

One last thing to note, I've just uploaded the HTML page to the host and gone to the page, chat loaded fine.

Just enabled html on a forum, check the embed code in a forum post and the chat didn't load, looks like it's not related to this custom page. /doh
Old 15 Aug 2014, 22:54

Is your tutorial current to use with 4.2.2 ?

Old 15 Aug 2014, 22:57

Yes it will still work.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 23:22

So, you know how?

Old 15 Aug 2014, 23:32

Originally Posted by K4GAP View Post
So, you know how?
I have a test.php page (made using this method) on my test site and it still works in 4.2.2.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 15 Aug 2014, 23:41

Originally Posted by K4GAP View Post
So, you know how?
Because I use it quite often.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 23:43

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Because I use it quite often.
So it's a whiz to do?

Old 15 Aug 2014, 23:59

Yeah if you follow the instructions, it is a breeze.
Old 16 Aug 2014, 00:07

What template does this refer too?

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 16 Aug 2014, 00:23

That would be the template you are going to use to display the new page.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 23:54

Hello,

Why who is online showing now unknown page? even for my mods it seems, is there something should be changed?
Old 30 Aug 2014, 00:33

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
That would be the template you are going to use to display the new page.
And that template would be ... ?