Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02 May 2014, 17:17

Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
Sorry to hear you went though all that Barcham but at least you are still with us. I know when I die I won't have to worry about smoking or anything else of this world as I will be in heaven (born again 14 years)
If your belief helps keep you going, all power to you. I actually died from my heart attack and was resuscitated and didn't see any bright light, no departed loved ones, nothing at all. I have no belief in an afterlife of any kind and in fact when they began working on me in the hospital I made sure to say goodbye to my friend who had come with me and I thanked the doctor for his efforts. Now...the drugs they gave me to induce a coma for 11 days...that was heaven!

I've always believed in living your life to the fullest because it is the only one we will ever have. Live it well and live it full, die with as few regrets of things undone as possible as you will never have another chance to do them.
Old 02 May 2014, 17:57

Some have not seen anything maybe you need to get to some point of death before you do I have no idea why some do and some dont see anything but trust me God is real heaven and hell is real.
Old 15 May 2014, 07:56

18 days smoke free and the cravings are min so far so good
Old 15 May 2014, 08:22

Good man.....The force is with you
Old 15 May 2014, 15:21

I was a very heavy smoker till 2 years ago.
I really enjoyed smoking and didn't want to give it up, I was healthy, no smokers cough, no nothing really, well apart from headaches everyday...

However I knew I needed to stop.
I started on the e cigs, which made it so I could stop smoking right then and there.
2 years later still on them, although we call it "Vaping" and my mod i use to vape with looks nothing like an e cig.

I love vaping, no need to go through all the pain of giving up when there is something which I can replace it with.

Smoking is dead, vaping is the future and the future is now
Old 15 May 2014, 15:34

I am off the e-cig as well I only needed it the first few days

Last edited by ForceHSS; 15 May 2014 at 15:59.
Old 15 May 2014, 15:47

Liquid poison there calling those things now...
Old 16 May 2014, 02:54

Originally Posted by New Joe View Post
I was a very heavy smoker till 2 years ago.
I really enjoyed smoking and didn't want to give it up, I was healthy, no smokers cough, no nothing really, well apart from headaches everyday...

However I knew I needed to stop.
I started on the e cigs, which made it so I could stop smoking right then and there.
2 years later still on them, although we call it "Vaping" and my mod i use to vape with looks nothing like an e cig.

I love vaping, no need to go through all the pain of giving up when there is something which I can replace it with.

Smoking is dead, vaping is the future and the future is now
Trading one addiction for another is not a solution.
Old 16 May 2014, 03:11

Originally Posted by Barcham View Post
Trading one addiction for another is not a solution.
That is your opinion and that's fine.
But it's not mine.
Being dependent on something in my mind isn't an addition, as smokers you get dependent on nicotine and the process of hand to mouth movement when smoking.

As i said in my post, I enjoyed smoking and in a way didn't want to give up, so looking for a safer alternative this was my move.
I have done more than enough real research into the vaping world and as it stands at the moment I have no problems in continuing this as there is no indication what so ever that this is harmful.

I do agree there needs to be long term testing done on this, and strict laws for mod makers and juice makers to follow and am keeping an eye on this all the time.

I am not addicted to vaping, I choose to do this, and I am no longer dependent on nicotine after 2 years I have gone down to zero nicotine juice for vaping.

It has now turned into a hobby more than anything, will I get bored of it in the future, maybe, but for the time being I will continue to enjoy what I am doing.

Last edited by New Joe; 16 May 2014 at 10:22.
Old 16 May 2014, 09:41

Originally Posted by Disco_Dave View Post
Liquid poison there calling those things now...
Big Tobacco's campaign to make e-cigs sound as bad as regular cigarettes... Even though they bought many if the e-cig makers they can't shut them down without even cheaper makers popping up and they can't bring in the profits they were used to- so they have to destroy the reputation when there is zero evidence.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 01 Apr 2015, 22:39

Another 28 days and I will be off smoking for a year
Old 01 Apr 2015, 23:07

Off smoking where? I'd like to go off smoking for a year but I've got things to do......
Old 02 Apr 2015, 02:50

That's great to hear Force, really great to hear!
You had quit just a few months after I quit... I am at 1 year and 4 months smoke free, and did not lapse once.
Keep it up.
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade
Old 02 Apr 2015, 03:26

Originally Posted by blind-eddie View Post
That's great to hear Force, really great to hear!
You had quit just a few months after I quit... I am at 1 year and 4 months smoke free, and did not lapse once.
Keep it up.
Nice work Tim as you know its one day at a time
Old 02 Apr 2015, 06:52

Good! I was pretty lucky myself no heart attacks thank god but I quit smoking cold turkey on June 21, 2007 after 25 years of smoking. We were living in a small space at the time and I had a cigarette lit and was smoking it. I started hacking, my sister started hacking (and she has never smoked) and my cat started hacking (and of course the cat never smoked). I looked around and said no more, put the cigarette out and quit right there. Never touched another one. I felt like what the hell was I doing, i was killing everyone in the house including my cat! It was enough for me to stop. Glad you are going on one year! Good job!