Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Facebook Connect - Update for Facebook PHP SDK (v.3.0.0) Details »
Facebook Connect - Update for Facebook PHP SDK (v.3.0.0)
Developer Last Online: Apr 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.7 Rating: (3 votes - 4.67 average) Installs: 55
Released: 13 Sep 2011 Last Update: 30 Sep 2011 Downloads: 907
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files Re-usable Code Translations External Content Is in Beta Stage  

I rewrote this plugin using ideas from sllik's mod.

Not Supported!!
This code is not supported. The Facebook API has since changed. Only provided for open source purposes ... feel free to modify at your own risk.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	indexpage-logged-in.JPG
Views:	1351
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	132898   Click image for larger version

Name:	newpost.JPG
Views:	1181
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	132899   Click image for larger version

Name:	indexpage.JPG
Views:	1169
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	132901   Click image for larger version

Name:	connectpage.JPG
Views:	1060
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	133165  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FBConnectClickFlow.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	133322   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBConnectSession.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	133323  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 24 May 2013, 21:21

Still nothing heard from the Developer, even tho I tried to contact him once befor.

Developer Last Online: May 2013
. I contacted him first time 2 months ago, I have sent him a message again today, and hopefully he would answer back!

At least ot let us know if he will be doing something, or not...Please Update this amazing Addon, So users on vBulletin 3.8 wont be able to login to other members Facebook Accout, and vBulletin Account! Thank you
I am having a little break from vB Developing. I am trying to finish my PHP and MYSQL courses for now. I will answer all my PM's if anyone needed help for my products, but only when I can be online on vB.org. Its great to see new and old developers keeping vB.org alive! Thank you all for your support!CM
Old 19 Jun 2013, 02:46

So, this is unsafe to use?
Old 19 Jun 2013, 08:08

Originally Posted by karabaja3 View Post
So, this is unsafe to use?
Well since its not supported by the developer I highly recommend you to not to use it...
Old 19 Jun 2013, 23:49

Originally Posted by A.Chakery View Post
Well since its not supported by the developer I highly recommend you to not to use it...
Thx for reply. Is there a decent and proper alternative? Besides upgrading to vB 4.1.x
Old 20 Jun 2013, 02:34

Originally Posted by karabaja3 View Post
Thx for reply. Is there a decent and proper alternative? Besides upgrading to vB 4.1.x
There is no ready to use plugin for this issue ... you should get someone to code it for you,

I will never consider upgrading my vb to v4 or v5 as an option.
Old 20 Jun 2013, 20:49

There is no ready to use plugin for this issue
What about this?
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232457
It says it wokrs with vB4 but its lower verision than this? I'm a little bit confused. Some say it works fine.
Same here.
Old 06 Aug 2013, 15:31

Please add me too to the list!

Upgrade to v4 or v5 IS NOT AN OPTION!
Old 12 Aug 2013, 23:25

Installation of this mod requires that your cURL installation to have support for SSL, in order for your server to be able to exchange information with Facebook...

You must download and compile openSSL: http://www.openssl.org/
You have to download and compile libcurl: http://curl.haxx.se

OpenSSL MUST be configured with --shared (otherwise you will get the message "configure: error: OpenSSL libs and/or directories were not found where specified!" when configuring cURL):

./configure --shared
make
make test
make install

Had to install libssl-dev (apt-get install libssl-dev).

Then configure and compile cURL with:

./configure --with-ssl
make
make install

Last edited by gabrielt; 19 Aug 2013 at 07:43. Reason: Added more detailed info
Old 16 Aug 2013, 15:28

Deutsche Produktdatei im Anhang!
Attached Files
File Type: xml product-fbconnect-deutsch.xml (34.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 01 Feb 2014, 00:27

does anyone runs this mod at his vb? link?
Old 08 Apr 2014, 15:00

//Edited - The whole history of this Addon on my board

Used and failed on vBulletin 3.8.6 LP1 + vBulletin 3.8.7 LP3.

Let me start saying that this is one of my Favorit Addons. I was really happy for it because there wasnt any other Facebook Addons or Bridges for vB 3.8. And I already had a few members from Facebook that was working fine in the beginning.

The Author needs to take the responsibility of the failure and the damage it has done to many forums including my own. Luckily my forum is not damaged in a bad way. But we had members who could abuse other peoples Facebook and User accounts in my forum. I was fast enough to remove it befor it did any harm. Let me also include and say that I reinstalled this plugin more than 3 times and it failed everytime. And every time members were logged into a different users account.

I gave it one last shot and Installed it for the 4th time on a new and clean forum. Then it happened again. I was logged into another users account and then it was about time to contact vBulletin.org and the Developer. Since that incident I have time after time replied on this Topic to let others know about this issue and tried to contact to Author. But with no luck. The Author never replied. If you go looking back a few pages you will see my earlier replies. I just dont want this to happen to any other forum owner out there. As a developer and vbulletin user i feel its my duty to let others know. And I believe in this case the Developer has not been able to take contact to users who have had issues. He didnt even comment.

There is a huge problem with this Addon because of the changes made on Facebook. So hopefully I am crossing my fingers after this to hear from him!
I am having a little break from vB Developing. I am trying to finish my PHP and MYSQL courses for now. I will answer all my PM's if anyone needed help for my products, but only when I can be online on vB.org. Its great to see new and old developers keeping vB.org alive! Thank you all for your support!CM

Last edited by ChiNa; 08 Jun 2014 at 16:23.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 23:55

Originally Posted by ChiNa-Man View Post
The Developer of this Plugin needs to take the Responsibility of the Failure and the Damage it has done to many forums including my own. I dont understand why vBulletin is still allowing this Plugin. This plugin is not working properly! After sometime your users will be able to Login to eachothers account and also use eachothers facebook! There is a huge problem with this Addon because of the changes made on Facebook.

I have tried to contact the developer more than 3 times and I havnt heard a single word from him!

THUMBS DOWN, and BAD REPUTATION!
Thanks for the warning.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 15:44

Hello,

Some people have asked if there is a security flaw in this mod- one customer has reported using this mod allows users to sometimes log into another users account- obviously if true that is a very bad situation.

However this is not a security risk we can see like an SQL Exploit in the code- we have no way to verify this.

You must do your own research for all mods before you install them- we make no guarantee they are safe.

It would be great if the mod author could address the security questions raised but it is ultimately up to you whether you wish to install or keep the mod installed.

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:43

In show showthread.php biew double icon
Attached Images
File Type: png show.png (13.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 08 Jun 2014, 16:19

Finally. Thanks to BirdOPrey5, for the comment.

I can see that the Developer has finally taken actions and wrote:

Not Supported!!
This code is not supported. The Facebook API has since changed. Only provided for open source purposes ... feel free to modify at your own risk.
@s_cocis >> "Not Supported!!" >> As you can read "The Facebook API has since changed" >> Not only The Facebook Codes has changed, but we all have had huge issues with this addong. Reading the latest comments will save your forum for trouble, issues or even from being hacked...

I recommend using >> YAF - Another Facebook Bridge

Last edited by ChiNa; 08 Jun 2014 at 16:27.