Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
EzIRC 2.1 Details »
EzIRC 2.1
Developer Last Online: Sep 2011 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (11 votes - 4.55 average) Installs: 131
Released: 19 Nov 2009 Last Update: 19 Aug 2010 Downloads: 873
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files External Content Is in Beta Stage  

Modification Support has been dropped.

Good day.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Chat Modifications EzIRC 3.7.0 toonysnn Modification Graveyard 157 04 Aug 2010 09:02
Chat Modifications EzIRC Chat toonysnn Modification Graveyard 100 18 May 2008 16:24

Old 15 Aug 2010, 19:49

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by toonysnn View Post
HansMuenchen, I have responded to your bug on the board, the fix is attached here: http://ezirc.org/forum/projectattach...attachmentid=1

pJIRC support has been dropped due to the numerous errors that had been coming up, and I was not able to respond to such problems. An AJAX client also allows users to run it no matter what OS they run on, if they don't like the ad, google chrome or firefox with adblock works fine.

The uncached template is cached in 2.1.1, the release scheduled for Friday (or earlier if I find there's no more bugs to fix in the meantime)

As far as the cURL error, will go into some debugging and find out what is going on.
Hello,

thank you for the fast response and also the fast help.

The Problem ist not the missing pjirc more that I don't want run over a not owned server.
I know that I'm a little control freak, but I don't like the men in the middle ant that's exactly what mibbit ist for me. Or does I see it wrong?

But I will test it and let my users decide how we go on and how we will handle it. Else the other possibility (the badest one) is to use a flash chat or downgrade (if there is a possibility to get the last PJIRC Version)

Greetings
Hans

P.S. Tested now the attachment you send and it works the only thing what don't work (and that's normal why I use that script) that the User will be automatic logged in. So the Script ask me always for my username. How can I change his?

Last edited by HansMuenchen; 15 Aug 2010 at 19:55. Reason: Forgotten something.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 20:24

Wow, I can't believe I forgot to enable autoconnect, I use that quite often on my own board as well. I will release the fix (and instructions how to enable autoconnect for your channel(s)) soon, if there are no more bug reports. The next scheduled bugscrub is Friday, but it can easily be changed if there are (as mentioned) no more bug reports.

As far as Mibbit goes, it's not really a middle-man type of thing, it's more of them hosting a client so it doesn't use any bandwidth on your server. Mibbit does not interfere with the way your channel runs, and does not effect your channels.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 09:35

Just upgraded, I also had a few issues listed below.

Database error as in post 312 - deleted and readded channel fixed this.
Unable to connect via web page - open popout box connected put this down to a style issue.

tested in basic style - connected fine, now also connects in other styles weird!

all in all great work
Old 16 Aug 2010, 14:48

After the update mine no longer show users in the chat.
Once in the chat it does not show them come in, you only see a name pop in on the list.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 17:28

Damn.

I'm disappointed to hear about discontinuing support for pjirc, as that's what I've been using for the lifetime of this particular mod over many past vb versions (6-7 years?). I haven't had many issues at all whatsoever with it. I guess I'll continue to run the last version I have for as long as it will function.

I hope you reconsider supporting it again in the future.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 18:39

Angry Mibbit and no longer pjirc Support???? WTF????

Bug:

Autojoin is no longer active. First Time a user tries to enter the Chat he has to manually click on "Connect".

After that the Session is terminated as soon as he is connected. Errormessage is unreadable because the Windows switches back to Connect Button immediately.

REQUEST:

Bring back pjirc immediately!!! Mibbit is the greatest Crap i've ever seen.

Last edited by redlabour; 16 Aug 2010 at 18:50.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 18:50

Originally Posted by marinelife View Post
After the update mine no longer show users in the chat.
Once in the chat it does not show them come in, you only see a name pop in on the list.
You mean on Mibbit the users just "show up"? It doesn't say "User has joined #chat"?

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Damn.

I'm disappointed to hear about discontinuing support for pjirc, as that's what I've been using for the lifetime of this particular mod over many past vb versions (6-7 years?). I haven't had many issues at all whatsoever with it. I guess I'll continue to run the last version I have for as long as it will function.

I hope you reconsider supporting it again in the future.
I'll reconsider if they release a new version of pJIRC that isn't too buggy, I've received numerous inquiries about pJIRC "security" issues. (java certification)
Old 16 Aug 2010, 18:53

Originally Posted by redlabour View Post
Bug:

Autojoin is no longer active. First Time a user tries to enter the Chat he has to manually click on "Connect".

After that the Session is terminated as soon as he is connected. Errormessage is unreadable because the Windows switches back to Connect Button immediately.
BTW - i guess the Error is that Mibbit closes itself if the User is allready registered at Server but does not wait for verify till /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 18:54

Bug:

REQUEST:

Bring back pjirc immediately!!! Mibbit is the greatest Crap i've ever seen.
There was a URI parameter that was left out on release, thus why autoconnect is not working.
The session should not be terminated unless mibbit is glined from the IRC network.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 19:00

Originally Posted by toonysnn View Post
There was a URI parameter that was left out on release, thus why autoconnect is not working.
The session should not be terminated unless mibbit is glined from the IRC network.
We are talking about Freenode. The Session is not terminated. The mibbit client redirects back to start GUI in the Moment i have to enter /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 21:21

We are talking about Freenode. The Session is not terminated. The mibbit client redirects back to start GUI in the Moment i have to enter /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password.
The session actually has been terminated. The delay must simply be lag.
Mibbit is blocked on freenode.
You can ask in their #help channel.

<facepalmx2> Hello, I'd like to know if Mibbit is blocked here on freenode?
<LoRez> facepalmx2: it is.
<facepalmx2> as I figured, thank you LoRez.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 09:46

Suggestions

Here it works with registered users and nickserv.

As a suggestion it would be nice if there would be a possibility to set the nickserv password into the settings.
Also missed here is the possibility to use the /list command.

Greetings
Hans
Old 17 Aug 2010, 14:40

Well. The new System is just using Mibbit? mibbit is not allowed on Qnet. Trying to turn off Mibbit seems not working - Using vB 4.0.5
Old 17 Aug 2010, 17:36

Originally Posted by HansMuenchen View Post
Here it works with registered users and nickserv.

As a suggestion it would be nice if there would be a possibility to set the nickserv password into the settings.
Also missed here is the possibility to use the /list command.

Greetings
Hans
I actually had started to implement nickserv passwords, but Mibbit does not have the ability to run a command on connect (so it seems)

Originally Posted by lubbie View Post
Well. The new System is just using Mibbit? mibbit is not allowed on Qnet. Trying to turn off Mibbit seems not working - Using vB 4.0.5
I forgot to remove the 'disable mibbit' option, but that would simply disable the entire product.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 18:00

To turn of the entire product means to turn off ezIRC. there is just the Mibbit Product included no "normal" IRC Chat....