Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Solve Media CAPTCHA - Protect & Monetize your Forum Details »
Solve Media CAPTCHA - Protect & Monetize your Forum
Developer Last Online: Sep 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (5 votes - 4.60 average) Installs: 25
Released: 14 Jan 2011 Last Update: 22 Feb 2012 Downloads: 124
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files External Content  

Please remember to click Mark as Installed if you use this modification.

Description
Secure and monetize your vBulletin forum with Solve Media's free CAPTCHA replacement. Use Solve Media's free CAPTCHA solution and earn money from CAPTCHA. Solve Media has created a patent-pending technology that turns CAPTCHA into a branded TYPE-INs™. Every time a visitor to your site enters a CAPTCHA brand message, we share the revenue with you. Users are easily frustrated by traditional CAPTCHA. Solve Media CAPTCHA TYPE-IN™ ads are easy to read, easy to complete and reinforce messages that are easy to remember. For visually impaired users, the Solve Media CAPTCHA widget offers an audio CAPTCHA puzzle.

Read about Solve Media in the Wall Street Journal.

Installation
  1. Download and unzip the vB-solvemedia3_7-3_8.zip archive.
  2. Upload solvemedialib.php and class_humanverify_solvemedia.php to your /includes/ directory.
  3. Import product-solvemedia.xml via the Product Manager.
  4. Register for a Solve Media account at http://portal.solvemedia.com/portal/public/signup and obtain a set of API keys
  5. Change the Human Verification Library to Solve Media via AdminCP > Human Verification Manager.
  6. Set your API keys and make any desired configuration changes via the Solve Media Options.

Version History
  • 1.0.5 - Bugfix
  • 1.0.4 - Uses vBulletin's template system. Bugfixes.
  • 1.0.3 - Added language option and support for HTTPS sites
  • 1.0.2 - Initial Release

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 3.11.51 PM.png
Views:	133
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	125619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 2.40.33 PM.png
Views:	217
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	130932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 2.41.04 PM.png
Views:	121
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	130933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 2.41.31 PM.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	130934  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 2.46.46 PM.png
Views:	130
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	130935   Click image for larger version

Name:	widget.png
Views:	144
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	130936  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 2.5 :: More Video, Twitter, Pinterest... Digital Jedi vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 2086 05 Sep 2018 16:05
Add-On Releases Digital Sith's AMEs - ADULT Media Definitions Digital Sith vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 66 08 Sep 2015 23:44
Add-On Releases Solve Media CAPTCHA - Protect & Monetize your Forum solvemedia vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 15 22 Feb 2012 18:41
Add-On Releases Media Block for DnP Instant! Musicbox - Display the fun media list anywhere ! silveryhat vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 2 19 Jan 2011 14:12
Add-On Releases DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) Digital Jedi Modification Graveyard 828 10 Mar 2010 06:45

Comments
Old 15 Jan 2011, 06:02

this is really good mod
Old 09 Aug 2011, 14:48

Installed for three days and I'm already starting to earn a little revenue. Compared to ZERO revenue before, I'd say that things are looking positive already
Old 09 Aug 2011, 21:10

The mod has been updated to version 1.0.3. This version adds a language option and support for HTTPS sites.

Read about us in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today & Tech Crunch

Last edited by solvemedia; 24 Aug 2011 at 15:30.
Old 11 Aug 2011, 12:26

Where to see the revenue generated
Old 11 Aug 2011, 14:20

Originally Posted by tanand79 View Post
Where to see the revenue generated
When you sign up for our service, you will be given access to our Portal. In the Portal, you can see your account Dashboard, which, among other information, includes revenue generated.

Read about us in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today & Tech Crunch
Old 17 Aug 2011, 16:07

I own a large network of MMORPG forums. I stumbled across this mod and have installed it on 3 boards on a trial period. Assuming we don't run into any problems with users unable to register using the CAPCTHA's, you've bagged yourself a nice publisher. I'll keep the thread updated with my progress, you may want to talk more about average revenue/per successful CAPCTCHA completion ect so publishers can gauge wether this will even be worth their while.

Seems a very promising startup - assuming you're a startup - and I look forward to earning some revenue with you guys.

Question: How often is the Dashboard updated with revenue details? I'm assuming every 24 hours/beginning of the day?

Extremely easy to install; installed across 3 sites in less than 10 minutes.

+Installed.
Old 17 Aug 2011, 22:54

Give me some idea of the figures involved.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 09:25

Ran the CAPTCHA's for a day and I'm reporting back as promised.

As you can see, there is some money to be made. I have large boards, likely to be larger than the average VB.org user, and I can't help but feel if you installed this mod on a smaller board expecting to make some money you'd be extremely disappointed. I for one, am going to leave this modification installed and try and grab and snapshot of the bigger picture - eCPM may improve over time.

At this rate, it'll take a couple of months to receive a payout.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 19:02

hope it doesn't affect google adsense...im afraid my adsense will be banned for this hack...
Old 19 Aug 2011, 15:55

Originally Posted by Dominic K View Post
Ran the CAPTCHA's for a day and I'm reporting back as promised.

As you can see, there is some money to be made. I have large boards, likely to be larger than the average VB.org user, and I can't help but feel if you installed this mod on a smaller board expecting to make some money you'd be extremely disappointed. I for one, am going to leave this modification installed and try and grab and snapshot of the bigger picture - eCPM may improve over time.

At this rate, it'll take a couple of months to receive a payout.
$3.12 for a day? How large is your board? Just trying to get a comparison to mine to estimate what sort of revenue I'd be looking at. At $3.12 per day, it's not even worth downloading the file.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 22:04

I ran this for 6 days and made like 85 cents for 150 type ins. That's 150 ads people looked at for 85 cents? Nice product, just too little revenue for me. Uninstalled
Old 19 Aug 2011, 22:28

3 days in now. Just so you can gauge the eCPM and revenue you may expect to make:

Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
$3.12 for a day? How large is your board? Just trying to get a comparison to mine to estimate what sort of revenue I'd be looking at. At $3.12 per day, it's not even worth downloading the file.
Well, my boards are fairly active (around 2500~ users online at all time - guests and members). Receiving around 20K uniques a day at the moment. You can say it's not worth the download for $3-$5 a day but that's $3-$5 a day you would be missing out on, no catch, purely out of laziness - people will be filing in those captcha's wether you're running this mod or not.

I've seen lower bot registration rates with this also.

I'm contemplating taking this network wide. That's around $10 a day I wasn't receiving before at no extra hassle.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 22:33

Originally Posted by Dominic K View Post
3 days in now. Just so you can gauge the eCPM and revenue you may expect to make:
That doesn't help much, because I don't know how many impressions of this particular ad this software will serve on my board. Is it one per new registration?

If you could give me an idea of the size of your board, I can just divide accordingly and plug in the size of my own board as a comparison. If your board is twice the size of mine, I can halve those figures as an estimate; if it's half the size, I can double them.

[Edit - simulpost! Similar sized board, it seems, so my figures would be roughly the same. You're 3 days in and have made $8, so we're looking at just over $2 per day or $60 per month. Not worth it to me - YMMV of course.]
Old 19 Aug 2011, 22:49

Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
That doesn't help much, because I don't know how many impressions of this particular ad this software will serve on my board. Is it one per new registration?

If you could give me an idea of the size of your board, I can just divide accordingly and plug in the size of my own board as a comparison. If your board is twice the size of mine, I can halve those figures as an estimate; if it's half the size, I can double them.

[Edit - simulpost! Similar sized board, it seems, so my figures would be roughly the same. You're 3 days in and have made $8, so we're looking at just over $2 per day or $60 per month. Not worth it to me - YMMV of course.]
Have you considered running the modification on a test period and scaling the results?

I do not wish to disclose the URL of my board and as a forum administrator I am sure you understand that you can't use two boards, run by separate administrators, comparatively in this context. It depends on the following factors and of course a lot more:

- Where do you display CAPTCHAs?
- To what extent do you force registration?
For example, one site on my network revolves around downloads and requires user registrations to access content.
- Traffic, daily registrations, searches (if enabled on search) blah blah blah.

In regards to your second post, I have a much larger network, I stated in my first post I was running a trial on a sample of boards. It seems you're not even seeing the point of the this mod, you're gaining albeit pennies for a task users are compelled and willing to undertake anyway. You won't catch me checking my daily earnings with this mod, more sit back and receive a little pocket money every month; you can't complain.