Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[YUI] Tabbed Forum Home Details »
[YUI] Tabbed Forum Home
Developer Last Online: Nov 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (6 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 36
Released: 03 Dec 2008 Last Update: 03 Dec 2008 Downloads: 142
Not Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files Translations Is in Beta Stage  

Tabbed Forum Home v2.0.0 Beta 1 - YUI Based Tabs

Pulled back and will be re-released at a later date

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Forum Home Enhancements [AJAX] Tabbed Forum Home bobster65 vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 1762 20 Nov 2013 07:34

Old 03 Dec 2008, 13:13

With me the following error occurred when attempting to evaluate the forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost and forumhome_forumbit_level1_post templates:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

After ignoring the warnings, I get the following output when trying to access FORUMHOME:

I'm using vBulletin 3.7.4 Patch Level 1.

Last edited by lowey; 03 Dec 2008 at 13:22.
Old 03 Dec 2008, 13:29

lowey , I think that we must wait for the thix.
Old 03 Dec 2008, 13:38

I would wait. I know that KingK stated last night that he'd be working on it throughout the morning hours

So, hopefully we'll hear something soon.
Old 03 Dec 2008, 13:53

Originally Posted by Mesohu View Post
lowey , I think that we must wait for the thix.
You can run it without the fix, as it still works.

I'm in the exact same boat as lowey (pretty much the same errors), and I just turned off error reporting for functions_forumlist, and used it as normal. It's not ideal, but it works.
Old 03 Dec 2008, 16:09

I also have the same error message on editing the two forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost and forumhome_forumbit_level1_post

On a fresh & clean install of the 3.7.3 PL1 (the version I have on my production server.
Anyway, it's working and it's cool! Waiting for the fix and congratulation again for this nice plugin!

But I have a question about the modules:
- will it be possible to have a product content inside a tab (like Flashchat, or a shoutbox?)
- will it be possible to display parts of VB stuff like all the albums lists or last album content uploads?
- will it be possible to have a custom HTML/php page with our own content (like a special announcement for a contest, etc...)
- will it be hard for non professional coders to create such modules?

Thanks again!
Old 03 Dec 2008, 16:18

Question:

Will this be updated to be compatible with 3.8 when it goes Gold?
Old 03 Dec 2008, 16:36

Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
I also have the same error message on editing the two forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost and forumhome_forumbit_level1_post

On a fresh & clean install of the 3.7.3 PL1 (the version I have on my production server.
Anyway, it's working and it's cool! Waiting for the fix and congratulation again for this nice plugin!

But I have a question about the modules:
- will it be possible to have a product content inside a tab (like Flashchat, or a shoutbox?)
- will it be possible to display parts of VB stuff like all the albums lists or last album content uploads?
- will it be possible to have a custom HTML/php page with our own content (like a special announcement for a contest, etc...)

Thanks again!
Hopefully KK is on it (fixing the error) ... not sure why everyone is getting it.. We have it installed on multiple sites and have never seen it, so maybe there is something wrong with the template edits in the instructions.. at any rate, we'll get it fixed asap..

to answer your Modules Questions...

Yes, however a content module will have to be created to do this. In the 2 cases you mentioned, there are multiple ways to pull this off. We will be releasing more info on Modules soon.

Yes, I already have released multiple content modules with my AJAX Tabs Modification and they all work just fine with this modification. I will be adding released content modules in post 5 of this thread soon (you can always download them from the AJAX Tabs Mod in the mean time). Released Content files include recent threads, news, albums, Blogs etc...

Yes, this is really easy.. just create your custom HTML or PHP file and upload it as a module. Can't get any easier than that.

yes and no .. just depends on your level of expertise. As I mentioned above, you can do something as simple as a basic HTML file or as complex as you want via php. We plan to release as many different types of Content Modules and we also encourage members to release their own.
Old 03 Dec 2008, 16:37

I think the 2nd arguement thing was missing a parenthesis, i got it to save by putting brackets like so (took out the quotes in forumid as well, which may or may not be correct)

Doesn't mean it worked though still got the encoding error
Old 03 Dec 2008, 16:37

Originally Posted by Megatr0n View Post
Question:

Will this be updated to be compatible with 3.8 when it goes Gold?
We have it installed and running on 3.8.0 beta 3 right now ( http://www.smnlikdat.org/forum.php)
Old 03 Dec 2008, 17:22

Originally Posted by s810car View Post
I think the 2nd arguement thing was missing a parenthesis, i got it to save by putting brackets like so (took out the quotes in forumid as well, which may or may not be correct)

Doesn't mean it worked though still got the encoding error
Thank you, the template does not prompt an error. IE there is an error.

Old 03 Dec 2008, 17:46

Thanks
its very good idea I'll try it
Mark as install
Old 03 Dec 2008, 18:42

Originally Posted by Morsolo View Post
Ok, I have reverted my site 'till just before mod installation and it appears something in the includes/class_yui.php is causing the Encoding Error.
Since you mentioned that, i checked the file I got and it has one line around line 36 saying

and then empty space that line, I assume there's something to be there?
Old 03 Dec 2008, 18:57

Originally Posted by bobster65 View Post
We have it installed and running on 3.8.0 beta 3 right now ( http://www.smnlikdat.org/forum.php)
OK, but Beta and RC versions can change accordingly. So, if there are changes in the final version which, would prevent this version of the hack functioning properly. Will, you update the hack?
Old 03 Dec 2008, 20:06

Bobster65: Thank you very much for these answers and the time you devote for us. I will check the other modules for the previous version and try to upload an html page (no header / footer, just html content I guess

Edit:
I just tried to upload a XML file with just this content as a module, and as you may guess, it's not working

Edit2:
I checked an existing module and edited to:

Without <file></file>, I have a database error on the import process Witht these tags, I can import the module, I have the tab, but an empty content.
Can you post a short sample, if you have the time (not a priority at all for me!) Thanks!

Last edited by ThomasR; 03 Dec 2008 at 20:17.
Old 03 Dec 2008, 21:13

I get the same error and will wait to see if someone smarter than me can figure it out but I just wanted to say thanks to Bob and KK for their hard work on this.