Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Show Ignore User in Postbit Details »
Show Ignore User in Postbit
Mod Version: 1.01, by AndrewSimm (Coder/Designer) AndrewSimm is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (1 vote - 4.00 average) Installs: 12
Released: 20 Aug 2012 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
Supported Template Edits Re-usable Code Translations  

This feature was the #1 thing requested by my users when I started the site. It is a really simple edit.

Open your postbit_legacy and add the following code.

Under

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Put

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That's it!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	ignoreuser.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	140610  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Show Thread Enhancements Add Ignore User To Postbit Dropdown Mosh vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 34 10 Sep 2013 04:46
Show Thread Enhancements Add Ignore User To Postbit Dropdown Mosh vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 23 08 Jan 2011 04:10
Show Thread Enhancements Add Ignore User To Postbit Dropdown Mosh vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 6 07 Jan 2009 06:52

Comments
  #2  
Old 20 Aug 2012, 03:45
AndrewSimm's Avatar
AndrewSimm AndrewSimm is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
reserved
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20 Aug 2012, 03:59
Merjawy's Avatar
Merjawy Merjawy is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: USA

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Should be

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

__________________
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20 Aug 2012, 04:03
AndrewSimm's Avatar
AndrewSimm AndrewSimm is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Originally Posted by Merjawy View Post
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Should be

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
ayo.. fixed
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20 Aug 2012, 07:26
bzcomputers's Avatar
bzcomputers bzcomputers is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
For those of us using postbit (not postbit_legacy).

Install code after:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


...also decided to change the font size for text and spacing using this modified code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Example:
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21 Aug 2012, 00:50
karlm's Avatar
karlm karlm is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Real name: Karl
Good idea, but surely a better idea to place it in the postbit drop-down menu?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21 Aug 2012, 02:06
bzcomputers's Avatar
bzcomputers bzcomputers is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Originally Posted by karlm View Post
Good idea, but surely a better idea to place it in the postbit drop-down menu?
The "postbit drop down menu" you have must be associated with another mod you have added. There is not one by default that I see. There are some drop down menus associated with the thread as a whole at the top but none associated with the postbit or individual posts which is what is required to link the "ignore user" to a specific user.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21 Aug 2012, 03:27
AndrewSimm's Avatar
AndrewSimm AndrewSimm is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Originally Posted by karlm View Post
Good idea, but surely a better idea to place it in the postbit drop-down menu?
I run a pretty large forum and we have an anything goes off topic board and you would be surprised on how many users forget about the ignore feature of vbulletin. This puts it out there so when an particular user drives them crazy they remember to place the user on ignore instead of messaging me. Most of my users came from another non vbulletin forum that had this and this is what they really wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24 Aug 2012, 08:04
karlm's Avatar
karlm karlm is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Real name: Karl
Originally Posted by bzcomputers View Post
The "postbit drop down menu" you have must be associated with another mod you have added. There is not one by default that I see. There are some drop down menus associated with the thread as a whole at the top but none associated with the postbit or individual posts which is what is required to link the "ignore user" to a specific user.
Erm, if you click your user-name within the postbit, you'll get a drop-down menu - just like any vanilla vb-forum has been capable of doing for several years now. This is a default feature, not some mystical add-on.

Originally Posted by AndrewSimm View Post
I run a pretty large forum and we have an anything goes off topic board and you would be surprised on how many users forget about the ignore feature of vbulletin. This puts it out there so when an particular user drives them crazy they remember to place the user on ignore instead of messaging me. Most of my users came from another non vbulletin forum that had this and this is what they really wanted.
Good point, I was just putting an idea out there
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27 Aug 2012, 05:41
Toorak Times's Avatar
Toorak Times Toorak Times is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Thanks for that.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 27 Aug 2012, 13:35
xixxon's Avatar
xixxon xixxon is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Real name: X muội
Nice job
__________________
vivut.vn
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: