Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
World of Warcraft [item]-bbcode. Details »
World of Warcraft [item]-bbcode.
Developer Last Online: Oct 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.5.1 Rating: (4 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 113
Released: 22 Nov 2005 Last Update: Never Downloads: 726
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files Is in Beta Stage  

This is in reply to this thread.

Download the product-itemstats.xml, vb_itemstats.php and 'itemstats_1.2.zip'.
Unzip itemstats_1.2.zip to your forum-root (ie http://your.site.tld/forum/itemstats), and follow the basic setup instructions in doc/config.txt.

Copy vb_itemstats.php into your itemstats-folder.

Paste the following two lines into the bottom of your headinclude-template

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Lastly, upload the product-itemstats.xml into your product manager, and you should be all set.

Link items with [item]Item name[/item].
The first time the item is loaded might take some time, as it fetches info from allakhazam.com. From then on it will be cached in the database, and should load instantly.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	mouseover-image-bbcode.png
Views:	3217
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	38085  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods World of warcraft blue post bbcode HellfireEu vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 8 06 Jan 2012 18:15
Add-On Releases World of Warcraft Wowhead Item tooltips for vBulletin sweede vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 176 06 Apr 2010 14:25
Add-On Releases Wowhead Item tooltips for World of Warcraft sweede vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 230 20 Jun 2008 10:39

Old 23 Jul 2006, 12:56

No popup at all?

After searching through these threads I think I have a new one here. I've installed the original 1.2, then 1.31 on top of that (replacing all old files). I've got my config.php set to a working database, and the table created. After following all the instructions I can get vBulletin (3.5) to recognize the bbcode (it puts it as a link) but there is no popup and the link is incorrect. Attached is a screenshot of the link, then code used to make the link, and the URL the link points to (the mouse is hovering over the link). Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg itemstats issue.JPG (16.8 KB, 77 views)
Old 24 Jul 2006, 13:29

Z-Layer...

It sounds like you forgot to add the Overlib script line to the headinclude of your style/theme. Or perhaps your Z-Layer is off for some reason.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 18:31

Originally Posted by aholtzmann
It sounds like you forgot to add the Overlib script line to the headinclude of your style/theme. Or perhaps your Z-Layer is off for some reason.
hmm, no the overlib stuff is there ok. I see that one problem is that the onmouseover does not seem to be doing anything at all, whereas the onclick is linking to the updateitem.php (this seems wrong to me). Doesn't the onclick link to allakhazam and the onmouseover run the .js to popup the stats?
Old 25 Jul 2006, 16:41

Ah... That helps...

Originally Posted by Htd
hmm, no the overlib stuff is there ok. I see that one problem is that the onmouseover does not seem to be doing anything at all, whereas the onclick is linking to the updateitem.php (this seems wrong to me). Doesn't the onclick link to allakhazam and the onmouseover run the .js to popup the stats?
The update link is by design, it allows the code to try to update the database if an item isn't found on a previous pass. Usually the mouseover on an uncached item shows an "Item not found" hover but it might not if it cannot access the database at all.

Make sure the code can connent to your DB server and that your item_cache table uses this structure;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `item_cache` (
`item_name` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
`item_link` varchar(100) default NULL,
`item_color` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
`item_icon` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
`item_html` text NOT NULL,
UNIQUE KEY `name` (`item_name`),
FULLTEXT KEY `data` (`item_html`)
)

Good luck.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 00:27

I've updated to v1.3.1, and made the necessary changes by uploading the folder and overwriting the 1.2 files in the itemstats folder.

Everything is working fine, but the mouseover produces this effect (see attached pic).

Using: vB 3.5.4

Anything I can do to perfect this?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: gif itemstats.gif (12.6 KB, 81 views)
Old 05 Aug 2006, 16:13

Can this be updated to 3.6 plz ?
Old 08 Aug 2006, 16:52

Broken CSS

Originally Posted by arachaic
I've updated to v1.3.1, and made the necessary changes by uploading the folder and overwriting the 1.2 files in the itemstats folder.

Everything is working fine, but the mouseover produces this effect (see attached pic).

Thanks.
Check your CSS file. I'm not sure if the v1.3.1 CSS file is any better but I remember having to edit the v1.2 CSS to fix typos in the class names to make it work.
Old 09 Aug 2006, 03:31

Originally Posted by arachaic

Thanks.
I believe this is caused by the item not being stored in your item_cache table. I have messed with this for hours, and I can't figure out how to get an item to be pulled into my database and saved. Once I add an item through my dkp site, the formatting is fine.

I can add an item to my dkp site, click it and the item is pulled properly into the database, but mouseovers are not triggering a check to see if the item needs to be stored or not.
Old 11 Aug 2006, 09:54

Have been fighting with this forever now. I installed and did everything in every post.

But what happens is that it creates a link to the item but does not show the hover...

creates a script error in my browser...
Old 18 Aug 2006, 12:56

This mod was working great for me until today when I replied to a post on my forum and got this error message

I haven't changed anything so I am not really sure what would be causing this...any help would be great.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 14:24

Changes

Originally Posted by Jarllax
This mod was working great for me until today when I replied to a post on my forum and got this error message

I haven't changed anything so I am not really sure what would be causing this...any help would be great.
For some reason, your site is not finding the vb_itemstats.php file - the handle_bbcode_item() function is stored in that file. Are there any other admins on your site or has your ISP changed your pathing without telling you?
Old 19 Aug 2006, 14:26

So many things that can go wrong...

Originally Posted by bist
Have been fighting with this forever now. I installed and did everything in every post.

But what happens is that it creates a link to the item but does not show the hover...

creates a script error in my browser...
Hmm, try moving the HTML Code up higher in your header-include templates. Sounds like a bad interaction or the files have been damaged. Have you tried a different browser to test?
Old 20 Aug 2006, 15:06

Originally Posted by aholtzmann
For some reason, your site is not finding the vb_itemstats.php file - the handle_bbcode_item() function is stored in that file. Are there any other admins on your site or has your ISP changed your pathing without telling you?
Well, I didn't think this had anything to do with it, but the Avatar On Navbar was what messed up the item code. Simply disabled the avatar mod and item code is working fine now.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...atar+in+navbar
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:54

Edit, sorted this =/

Last edited by Blam Forumz; 22 Aug 2006 at 23:58.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 16:57

I'm having weird behavior with the interaction between Itemstats (1.3) and vBulletin 3.6.

Basically, it works fine the first time something is entered, so when the angle-brackets are not interpolated.

If you preview, or edit a post, the item tags get parsed in to the editor, and the links are placed. After that, hitting "save" will break the popups. The link will still point to allakazam, but the popup won't exist.

Any thoughts? Is there a way to disable the wysiwyg editor for just one edit?

Sometimes, also, I will get a link parsed incorrectly, with a </span> tag attached to the end of the link.