Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06 May 2006, 22:24
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Fathers' Right Forums

Ok, everyone, here it is. Please look things over and let me know what you think. I still have a ways to go but I would like your ideas on what has been done so far. And please be gentle. Pretend it's my very first time.

http://www.bearfacts2.com/forum/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06 May 2006, 23:39
peterska2 peterska2 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Real name: Kerry-Anne (really!)
Nice style, gentle on the eyes but still very stylish.

Good spread of forums. Might be a couple too many to start with especially with the courts forums and the bears den sub forums.

Is there any particular reason why you have both the yellow unregistered bar AND the guest message on all pages? It seems a bit like overkill to me. I'd be tempted to drop the yellow bar, it doesn't look very eye pleasing there.

In your threads and forums (showthread and forumdisplay), you have a massive gap between the navbar and the thread title, then again between the thread title and the post reply button. It's probably an after effect of the quotes hack, but worth checking out.

Finally, is there any reason why you have the default style still available? If not, I'd remove it from public view.

Overall, looking good. Good luck with it.
__________________
Kerry-Anne
Previously known as peterska2

My Sites: peterska2.co.uk Super Clickers World News Zone English Football League Popular Usenet Groups
Do NOT PM or email me for Support or Modification Requests - No Exceptions!!
I do NOT do custom requests. Do not ask for them. - No Exceptions!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06 May 2006, 23:59
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by peterska2
Nice style, gentle on the eyes but still very stylish.

Good spread of forums. Might be a couple too many to start with especially with the courts forums and the bears den sub forums.

Is there any particular reason why you have both the yellow unregistered bar AND the guest message on all pages? It seems a bit like overkill to me. I'd be tempted to drop the yellow bar, it doesn't look very eye pleasing there.

In your threads and forums (showthread and forumdisplay), you have a massive gap between the navbar and the thread title, then again between the thread title and the post reply button. It's probably an after effect of the quotes hack, but worth checking out.

Finally, is there any reason why you have the default style still available? If not, I'd remove it from public view.

Overall, looking good. Good luck with it.
I don't see a yellow unregistered bar anywhere. Where do you see something yellow?

The gap was something I added to make it stand out but now that I have made the thread and forum titles smaller, I don't need that. Thanks for catching that. I'll remove the extra breaks shortly.

the default style was only still available as I was testing some things in unregistered mode and I needed to enable it to get to it. That won't be available shortly.

I will make the corrections and let you know so you can re-check it. And thank you very much for the feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:17
peterska2 peterska2 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Real name: Kerry-Anne (really!)
Heres a quick screenie with the yellow bar in place. This was taken in FF (latest version) and unfortunately is a bmp file as I still haven't got round to reinstalling photoshop.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp boofo1.bmp (409.7 KB, 22 views)
__________________
Kerry-Anne
Previously known as peterska2

My Sites: peterska2.co.uk Super Clickers World News Zone English Football League Popular Usenet Groups
Do NOT PM or email me for Support or Modification Requests - No Exceptions!!
I do NOT do custom requests. Do not ask for them. - No Exceptions!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:21
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by peterska2
Heres a quick screenie with the yellow bar in place. This was taken in FF (latest version) and unfortunately is a bmp file as I still haven't got round to reinstalling photoshop.
Ahhh, that. I forgot about that. I will remove it. Thanks!

As far as the space between navbar and the thread title, I'm not sure how to get rid of that. I haven't added anything for that anywhere. Any ideas where I might start to look? The quotes box is what the guest welcome message used to be so that can't be it. You're welcome to take a look if you want. Maybe you can spot something I haven't.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:35
kall's Avatar
kall kall is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Ace
Originally Posted by Boofo
Ahhh, that. I forgot about that. I will remove it. Thanks!

As far as the space between navbar and the thread title, I'm not sure how to get rid of that. I haven't added anything for that anywhere. Any ideas where I might start to look? The quotes box is what the guest welcome message used to be so that can't be it. You're welcome to take a look if you want. Maybe you can spot something I haven't.
I'd say it's because the thread title is <h1>'ed .. try defining the h1 class in your custom css styles and make sure to define the padding.
__________________
vBulletin Styles (All styles compatible with 3.8.4 - Steel Blue 4.0 Available) | vBulletin Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:35
peterska2 peterska2 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Real name: Kerry-Anne (really!)
It might be something to do with the placement of the h1 tags in the template along with the final <br /> in the navbar. It certainly looks that way. I might be able to come up with a work around, but it is the polls that cause the biggest problem as the gap between the title and the poll is fine, it's the new reply/thread buttons when it looks odd.
__________________
Kerry-Anne
Previously known as peterska2

My Sites: peterska2.co.uk Super Clickers World News Zone English Football League Popular Usenet Groups
Do NOT PM or email me for Support or Modification Requests - No Exceptions!!
I do NOT do custom requests. Do not ask for them. - No Exceptions!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:36
kall's Avatar
kall kall is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Ace
Originally Posted by kall
I'd say it's because the thread title is <h1>'ed .. try defining the h1 class in your custom css styles and make sure to define the padding.
Yep, I am right... except for the padding part.

In your .css :

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change the 20s to 5s and it looks a lot nicer.
__________________
vBulletin Styles (All styles compatible with 3.8.4 - Steel Blue 4.0 Available) | vBulletin Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:38
peterska2 peterska2 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Real name: Kerry-Anne (really!)
While you are at it, change the padding on the h2 class too to match.
__________________
Kerry-Anne
Previously known as peterska2

My Sites: peterska2.co.uk Super Clickers World News Zone English Football League Popular Usenet Groups
Do NOT PM or email me for Support or Modification Requests - No Exceptions!!
I do NOT do custom requests. Do not ask for them. - No Exceptions!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:39
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by kall
Yep, I am right... except for the padding part.

In your .css :

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change the 20s to 5s and it looks a lot nicer.
How can I change this:

<h1 style="text-align:center;">$thread[title]</h1>

to just use font size and still be centered?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:40
kall's Avatar
kall kall is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Ace
Actually, in FF at least, having the top one set to -10px gets rid of the extra space at the top.
__________________
vBulletin Styles (All styles compatible with 3.8.4 - Steel Blue 4.0 Available) | vBulletin Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:44
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Please check it again. I changed the 20 to 5 like you said.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:46
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by peterska2
While you are at it, change the padding on the h2 class too to match.
That is only used for the red lettering the in unregistered box at the top. I don't use that anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:46
peterska2 peterska2 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Real name: Kerry-Anne (really!)
Thats much better
__________________
Kerry-Anne
Previously known as peterska2

My Sites: peterska2.co.uk Super Clickers World News Zone English Football League Popular Usenet Groups
Do NOT PM or email me for Support or Modification Requests - No Exceptions!!
I do NOT do custom requests. Do not ask for them. - No Exceptions!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07 May 2006, 00:50
Adrian Schneider's Avatar
Adrian Schneider Adrian Schneider is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Did he tell you he got a new phone?
http://www.bearfacts2.com/forum/show...?p=221#post221

Looks good Boofo, but 17 queries?! Come on...
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 16:59.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: