Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08 Feb 2007, 21:32
PennylessZ28 PennylessZ28 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Mike
Thumbs down Global Warming VS Global Cooling and Greenpeace

Who recalls back in the 70's when it was global cooling and the ice age was coming. Oh no, the ice age, it's man's fault. And evil capitalist. BOOO. Save the environment. Anti-establishment. YEAH for Socialism!!!

Please. Does anyone remember global cooling? The same guys who founded earth day started that in the seventies and changed from global cooling to global warming, it's political.

And we're told that all sciencetist support it. Which is a lie, becuase a lot don't and have various opinions, just like evolution, there are those who think its defunked. But no, go against us and our ways and we'll scream and yell until you just ACCEPT IT, you have no right to go against the masses of socialism.

Ok, since there are a lot of UK users here, unleash your eco-friendly capt planet ideas.

Ever wonder why the guy who founded green peace left his own organization?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08 Feb 2007, 22:31
Shazz's Avatar
Shazz Shazz is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Utah
Real name: Shawn
If you watch the incremental truth it explains alot n stuff
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08 Feb 2007, 23:06
Distance's Avatar
Distance Distance is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Real name: Josh
Well

Electric cars suck.. They are bringing out an electric Subru Impretza.... top speed 80mph.. for a subru!!

...


However i did buy a lamp for my office desk so i dont need the lights on at night.. thats my fair share
__________________
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

Distance


Last edited by davidw; 18 Feb 2007 at 21:36. Reason: Removed inappropriate comment
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08 Feb 2007, 23:34
Shazz's Avatar
Shazz Shazz is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Utah
Real name: Shawn
/me watches a hurricane own Distance
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08 Feb 2007, 23:41
Ziki's Avatar
Ziki Ziki is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
I am glad it will be over with.Life sux anyways.You know who god is?You pray for something everyday.He is the one who ignores it
__________________
My free mods~click here
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08 Feb 2007, 23:51
Brad Brad is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Electric cars suck.. They are bringing out an electric Subru Impretza.... top speed 80mph.. for a subru!!
Last time I looked there was no public road where it was legal to run that fast (at least in the states). 80mph is fine for most people.

However moving your power source 'over to the grid' isn't the answer either.

I am glad it will be over with.Life sux anyways.You know who god is?You pray for something everyday.He is the one who ignores it
He's not ignoring you, he's using 'tough love'. God gave us mother earth...I think that's more than enough giving for anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09 Feb 2007, 00:01
Ziki's Avatar
Ziki Ziki is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
He's not ignoring you, he's using 'tough love'. God gave us mother earth...I think that's more than enough giving for anyone.
Mother earth we dumped it anyways
__________________
My free mods~click here

Last edited by davidw; 18 Feb 2007 at 21:37. Reason: Removed inappropriate comment
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09 Feb 2007, 00:07
Distance's Avatar
Distance Distance is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Real name: Josh
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Last time I looked there was no public road where it was legal to run that fast (at least in the states). 80mph is fine for most people.

However moving your power source 'over to the grid' isn't the answer either.
Exactly!! Everyone thinks that electric cars are the answer.. well what powers them.. electric.. and how to we get electric... By power plants / burning fossil fuels

Also 70mph is the speed limit.. But when you are driving a 3l Sports beemer.. who cares

As long as you can drive safe and you know where the cammeras are theres no worries
__________________
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

Distance

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09 Feb 2007, 01:31
SCRIPT3R SCRIPT3R is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Originally Posted by Distance View Post
Exactly!! Everyone thinks that electric cars are the answer.. well what powers them.. electric.. and how to we get electric... By power plants / burning fossil fuels
part of me can't belive that's your actual argument.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09 Feb 2007, 01:44
PennylessZ28 PennylessZ28 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Mike
There is a reason ELECTRIC cars won't happen. Becuase you plug them in. Anywhere. For cheap.

HYDROGEN, the NEWEST SCAM, will require refueling stations. Which equals DOLLARS. FAR MORE DOLLARS then ELECTRIC cars.

BTW, this is all about money, remember R-12 the stuff in your car, DUPONT owned the patent on R12 and when there was 7 years left, they funded to have it deemed unsafe. And congress passed a bill banning it and replacing it with RU134A which it just happens DUPONT owns that patent, and today, they are funding to have RU134A removed and replaced with a new product of theirs.

Originally Posted by Ziki View Post
I am glad it will be over with.Life sux anyways.You know who god is?You pray for something everyday.He is the one who ignores it
Why would you think like that? Has your depression done anything for you?

Life is freaking awesome, and God is 10x more awesome. I lived my life without him, money, cars, girls, sex with tons and tons of girls, drugs, more money and more cars.

Left me empty.

Life with God is better and the girls are better to. PERIOD.

Last edited by PennylessZ28; 09 Feb 2007 at 01:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09 Feb 2007, 05:25
AWS's Avatar
AWS AWS is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Real name: Bob
HYDROGEN, the NEWEST SCAM, will require refueling stations.
The hydrogen engines that are being tested convert water for use so the only fueling station needed would be a garden hose.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09 Feb 2007, 06:20
Tim Skellett Tim Skellett is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Originally Posted by PennylessZ28 View Post
And we're told that all sciencetist support it. Which is a lie, becuase a lot don't and have various opinions, just like evolution, there are those who think its defunked.
This is not true. The scientific consensus is that global warming is induitably happening -- and more, that human activities are adding to it.
Suuuuuuuuure, if you dig hard enough you will find someone to disagree; so what? There are "scientists" who STILL disagree that AIDS is caused by HIV. So the big what? The scientific consensus is that it has been proved beyond all doubt that AIDS is caused by HIV.
you have no right to go against the masses of socialism.
Puhleeeze, caring rationally about your enviroment does not equal "socialism".
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09 Feb 2007, 17:59
IR15H IR15H is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Originally Posted by PennylessZ28 View Post
Who recalls back in the 70's when it was global cooling and the ice age was coming. Oh no, the ice age, it's man's fault.

This is a classic example of poising the well. The church once said that the Earth was the centre of the universe, so I'm no longer going to believe anything the church says.

And evil capitalist. BOOO. Save the environment. Anti-establishment. YEAH for Socialism!!!
Climate change is an enivronmental issue. A person's political views should play no part in assessing the information presented.

Please. Does anyone remember global cooling? The same guys who founded earth day started that in the seventies and changed from global cooling to global warming, it's political.
You're repeating yourself. Simply stating the same thing twice but with slightly different wording does not make a point any more valid.

And we're told that all sciencetist support it. Which is a lie, becuase a lot don't and have various opinions, just like evolution, there are those who think its defunked.
The term you want to use is climatologists. Otherwise, Tim Skellett has adressed this issue.

But no, go against us and our ways and we'll scream and yell until you just ACCEPT IT, you have no right to go against the masses of socialism.
You have every right to disagree, although your argument would be somewhat more convincing if you presented some facts to support your decision.

Ok, since there are a lot of UK users here, unleash your eco-friendly capt planet ideas.
Ad hominem isn't an argument. Geographical location in no way affects a person's ability to assess facts and reach their own conclusions.

Ever wonder why the guy who founded green peace left his own organization?
Useful as triva, but one person's views doesn't disprove climate change.

Originally Posted by Distance
Exactly!! Everyone thinks that electric cars are the answer.. well what powers them.. electric.. and how to we get electric... By power plants / burning fossil fuels
You can obtain electricity from many sources, which includes renewables such as solar/wind/hydro. The source of the electricity is important in determining the "greeness", however it is simply false to state that all electricity comes from the burning of fossil fuels.


-----

So far I have not seen a single fact presented against climate change in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09 Feb 2007, 18:38
PennylessZ28 PennylessZ28 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Mike
Originally Posted by IR15H View Post
This is a classic example of poising the well. The church once said that the Earth was the centre of the universe, so I'm no longer going to believe anything the church says.
Anyone with a bible knows that world was never the center. Thats a good example of the masses following a few peoples suggestions rather than actually looking things up on their own.

Originally Posted by IR15H View Post
Climate change is an enivronmental issue. A person's political views should play no part in assessing the information presented.
Thats a nice statement, but it isn't true. A lot of people do things and base their views on politics. The left is behind this, the right is behind that, bla bla bla. A large majority of environmentalist are considered to be anarchist and anti-establishment.



Originally Posted by IR15H View Post
The term you want to use is climatologists. Otherwise, Tim Skellett has adressed this issue.
And again, I disagree with both of you.

Originally Posted by IR15H View Post
You have every right to disagree, although your argument would be somewhat more convincing if you presented some facts to support your decision.
Likewise, please do.


Originally Posted by IR15H View Post
Ad hominem isn't an argument. Geographical location in no way affects a person's ability to assess facts and reach their own conclusions.
Heres a thought, are you a climatologists? I'm not. And how do we know we aren't being lied to by people with an agenda? You said earlier that the church said the sun revolved around the earth. Just food for thought. You can only asses what your presented, fact and truth are not always the same.

Originally Posted by IR15H View Post
Useful as triva, but one person's views doesn't disprove climate change.
No I was using that to point out the fact that a lot of these groups are politically motivated. Thats why he left greenpeace, he found that people with an agenda were taking over his organization and didn't really care about the things he originally started the group for.

Less to do with Climate change and more to do with people pushing an agenda.

Originally Posted by IR15H View Post
You can obtain electricity from many sources, which includes renewables such as solar/wind/hydro. The source of the electricity is important in determining the "greeness", however it is simply false to state that all electricity comes from the burning of fossil fuels.
True, Nuclear for example is mostly steam power from a fission reaction.


Originally Posted by IR15H View Post
So far I have not seen a single fact presented against climate change in this thread.
I have not seen a single fact supporting it. This was to debate the validity of it, and mostly becuase I wanted to see people like you start commenting. I really dont' care about the comments of people who agree with me, it was the other side of the table I was looking for.


Originally Posted by Tim Skellett View Post
This is not true. The scientific consensus is that global warming is induitably happening -- and more, that human activities are adding to it.
Actually Tim, the consensus is not what you just said, it's evenly split, stop getting your facts from the media. If we both started google searching we could both come up with lots of opinions and thoughts from both sides and facts.

You are basing everything on the belief that some people have no reason to lie to us.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09 Feb 2007, 20:00
Tim Skellett Tim Skellett is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Originally Posted by PennylessZ28 View Post
Actually Tim, the consensus is not what you just said, it's evenly split, stop getting your facts from the media. If we both started google searching we could both come up with lots of opinions and thoughts from both sides and facts.

You are basing everything on the belief that some people have no reason to lie to us.
Pardon me, I honestly do not want to be offensive, but you are completely and utterly wrong on two counts.

1) It is not "evenly split" whatsoever. As said, the scientific consensus, by a huge majority, is that global warming is most certainly happening; the only real controversy left is how much human activities cause and/or add to it, and even that issue is not so big any longer.

2) I was in science (albeit not climatology) till I had to go into semi-retirement. I'm quite capable of looking up the genuine science sources, and I do. That's where I check my facts. I can name sources for climatology science and global warming if you like.

Now how about you? You have not given one single fact yet; it's never to late to start.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: