Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04 Mar 2014, 00:53
Paul M's Avatar
Paul M Paul M is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Paul M
vBulletin 3.5 Modifications

Way back in 2009, we archived the vB 3.0 forums.

Now we are in 2014, its time to move the 3.5 forums into the archive.
Very few sites now run vB 3.5 (which is almost 9 years old) and there is no real activity in these forums now (nor has there been for a long time now). Posts are generally just asking about later versions of modifications. Most 3.5 mods also have 3.6, 3.7 & 3.8 versions in those forums anyway.

If you have a particular need to keep the 3.5 version of a release, then you need to download it before they are moved to the archives. This move will will happen sometime in the next two weeks (in fact, it should be on March 13th).
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member


Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
  #2  
Old 04 Mar 2014, 01:55
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I still have a 3.5 up and running, the license is expired though.
  #3  
Old 04 Mar 2014, 01:59
ozzy47's Avatar
ozzy47 ozzy47 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Real name: Chris
Yes there are some, but there is only about 0.3% of the vBulletin installs running 3.5
__________________
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
  #4  
Old 04 Mar 2014, 02:04
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Always was a one-percenter!
  #5  
Old 04 Mar 2014, 08:12
SaN-DeeP's Avatar
SaN-DeeP SaN-DeeP is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Once those are moved to archive, there is no way to download them back ? if needed ?
We have few sites heavily modified running on 3.x.x
  #6  
Old 04 Mar 2014, 11:55
ozzy47's Avatar
ozzy47 ozzy47 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by SaN-DeeP View Post
Once those are moved to archive, there is no way to download them back ? if needed ?
We have few sites heavily modified running on 3.x.x
No, once they are archived, they can not be downloaded, this is not for the entire 3.x series, only the 3.5 series.
__________________
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
  #7  
Old 04 Mar 2014, 15:10
Thangvip9x Thangvip9x is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Real name: Thang
I only use vbulletin version 4 or greater
__________________
Welcome to my site dien dan tuoi tre cntt
  #8  
Old 04 Mar 2014, 16:37
ozzy47's Avatar
ozzy47 ozzy47 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by Thangvip9x View Post
I only use vbulletin version 4 or greater
Ok and the point of that info?
__________________
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
  #9  
Old 05 Mar 2014, 02:14
New Joe's Avatar
New Joe New Joe is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Ok and the point of that info?
That he doesn't mind about the OP as he only uses vB 4
  #10  
Old 05 Mar 2014, 05:33
smirkley smirkley is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I do alot of work with the legacy software that runs automated industrial electronic controls.

The software is legacy and unsupported,... yet still available.... just saying.

Can I ask the reason to the suggestion that it should be un-downloadable to licensed users?
  #11  
Old 05 Mar 2014, 13:34
TheLastSuperman's Avatar
TheLastSuperman TheLastSuperman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Michael Miller Jr
Originally Posted by smirkley View Post
I do alot of work with the legacy software that runs automated industrial electronic controls.

The software is legacy and unsupported,... yet still available.... just saying.

Can I ask the reason to the suggestion that it should be un-downloadable to licensed users?
By design from my understanding, even staff including moderators and administrators cannot download the files once placed in the archives so I assume that once a thread is moved there all attachments are either deleted during the move or right there after.

I see your point though, if we can still download and install 3.5 why can't we still view the mods and such correct? <-- If that's the case I will still leave this reply up to Paul as he knows what is and is not by design around here much more than I do .
__________________
Daddy Does Dios and Figs!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thelastsuperman
For all your vBulletin and Wordpress custom needs.

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
  #12  
Old 05 Mar 2014, 18:55
socialteenz's Avatar
socialteenz socialteenz is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Real name: Arun
Originally Posted by smirkley View Post
I do alot of work with the legacy software that runs automated industrial electronic controls.

The software is legacy and unsupported,... yet still available.... just saying.

Can I ask the reason to the suggestion that it should be un-downloadable to licensed users?
+1

__________________
  #13  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 17:50
Elixar's Avatar
Elixar Elixar is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Originally Posted by New Joe View Post
That he doesn't mind about the OP as he only uses vB 4
Doesn't have any relevance in a topic about 3.5 mods being archived.
  #14  
Old 21 Apr 2014, 20:05
Chris8's Avatar
Chris8 Chris8 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
But many of 3.5.X mods is compatible with 3.8.X and most of them can be compatible with just a few tweaks.
So why to take them all down? They extend vbulletin functionality and the functionality is for many people the number one reason why they like vBulletin... yes, because of its powerful ability to extend its functionality with so many mods that are there.
Also many mods with reusable code could be used by coders as the base for creating new fully compatible with vb 3.8.8 mods.

I don't see any logical reasoning that could serve a good purpose in this action.
__________________
  #15  
Old 22 Apr 2014, 09:36
SaN-DeeP's Avatar
SaN-DeeP SaN-DeeP is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smirkley View Post
I do alot of work with the legacy software that runs automated industrial electronic controls.

The software is legacy and unsupported,... yet still available.... just saying.

Can I ask the reason to the suggestion that it should be un-downloadable to licensed users?
+1

Originally Posted by Chris8 View Post
But many of 3.5.X mods is compatible with 3.8.X and most of them can be compatible with just a few tweaks.
So why to take them all down? They extend vbulletin functionality and the functionality is for many people the number one reason why they like vBulletin... yes, because of its powerful ability to extend its functionality with so many mods that are there.
Also many mods with reusable code could be used by coders as the base for creating new fully compatible with vb 3.8.8 mods.

I don't see any logical reasoning that could serve a good purpose in this action.
i agree with this comment.
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: