Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Avenger (A Dark - Black/Grey Style) by TheLastSuperman Details »
Avenger (A Dark - Black/Grey Style) by TheLastSuperman
Mod Version: 1.00, by TheLastSuperman (Senior Moderator) TheLastSuperman is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.1 Rating: (8 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 53
Released: 23 Jun 2014 Last Update: 26 Jun 2014 Downloads: 550
Supported Additional Files  

Introducing Avenger
A Dark Black/Grey Style

I've had a good number of sales off this so I've finally decided to give it away for free, that's right go ahead, download and install this dark and might I add slick style!

This is a dark black/grey vBulletin 4.2.1/4.2.2 (Confirmed working on 4.2.3! *Simply select ignore style version when installing style) Suite style from www.innovationbyinstinct.com including some of these features:
  • Custom navbar and navigation tab look.
  • Custom sidebar style, the typical block is not behind the widgets/blocks they're all separate!
  • Custom statusicons for forum_new and forum_old.png along with custom pagination and other image replacements.
  • Fluid and Fixed Width available!
  • Perfect style for resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 or larger!

Demo?
Sure! View Avenger Fixed Width OR Fluid Width Demo.
*Please Note: The Demo site has a custom CMS Layout in place therefor normal CMS layout sites will see a CMS/Articles page resembling the screenshot.

Questions and Answers

Q. So what do we have here?
A. Well that's simple! It's a dark style for vBulletin 4.2.1-4.2.2 Suite (or Forum Classic).

Q. You have a link to your site in the footer, can I remove that?
A. You are not allowed to remove the link to our site i.e. "branding" unless you pay for a Branding Free Version. If I find someone running this without the copyright in place I will contact your host and file a DMCA complaint period the end. *Furthermore, we will not host discussions nor reply to any sort of inquiries on here in regards to paid or branding free versions so please do not bring up the subject of either in this thread.

Please Note:
  • Partial Support is provided when I have the spare time which is sparse by the way so please don't whine and moan in the thread if I do not reply promptly to a question or issue you have simply nudge me with a private message on here instead of posting nonsense OR alternatively you can post in the styles support thread on our company site see below .
  • Full Support is provided via our company site, visit the styles support thread.

Notes & Update Information can be found here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...40&postcount=2

Restrictions:
This style is not meant for use on http://www.carbonracecars.com otherwise have at it!

*IMPORTANT*

To install the style:

1) Upload the contents of the UPLOAD Folder.
2) If for example you want the Fixed style installed then import the file:
*Please note, if you do not use the vBulletin Suite and have the Forum Classic version you only need to install the file vbulletin-style-Avenger-421-Forum-Fixed.xml (OR -Fluid.xml).
a) Import the vbulletin-style-Avenger-421-Forum-Fixed.xml file first.
b) Merge in the vbulletin-style-Avenger-421-CMS-Fixed.xml (Options when uploading a style allow you to merge into a existing style, choose to merge this into the new style you just created using the Forum.xml.
c) Merge in the vbulletin-style-Avenger-421-Forum-Blog.xml into the style, this has now updated the style for all three major products and the installation is complete!
3) Enjoy!

*If you're running vBulletin 4.2.2 be sure to check the box:
Ignore Style Version
Use style file even if it was created by a different version of vBulletin?

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Suite Style Avenger Blue Style by TheLastSuperman TheLastSuperman vBulletin 4.x Styles 702 11 Aug 2017 06:57
Forum Style Dark FTW (black and grey) DAMINK vBulletin 4.x Styles 23 22 Nov 2013 16:50
Proboards Black [Black/dark grey] Neo_Angelo vBulletin 3.6 Styles 65 04 Apr 2012 22:52

Old 11 Aug 2014, 23:45

I'm having trouble finding out where to change this text color. (red arrow points to text in question). I simply want to lighten it up to make it more visible.
Attached Images
File Type: png attach.png (10.9 KB, 15 views)

Old 13 Aug 2014, 16:27

I added this template but the icons are not showing up so I am assuming images are not working correctly. Shows a broken image link, ideas?
Old 13 Aug 2014, 16:54

Originally Posted by infamousjoe View Post
I added this template, but the icons are not showing up so I am assuming the images are not working correctly. Shows a broken image link, ideas?
For what vb version are you using? I have 4.2.2 and it works for me
Old 17 Sep 2014, 12:52

I have a question about the link-color.

If I set my Global->link_color to a specified color - it does not only change the link color in the Postings itself - it also changes the color of several links in the forum. (which sounds correct..as it is "global"..)

For example the subforum titles. (As they are cklickable links)

How can I change the link color of links that were posted by any user in a posting - without affecting other links in my forum, like subforum titles?

Thanks
Old 17 Sep 2014, 12:56

Try adding this to your additional.css for the style.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

And change red to your desired color.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 13:09

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Try adding this to your additional.css for the style.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

And change red to your desired color.
Thanks a lot. It works
(I used CSS color code..but anyway..it works)
Old 17 Sep 2014, 13:48

Glad to hear.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 05:58

Does this version of your style skin the Articles section of vbulletinsuite_4.2.2. ON my site your style does not work with that area of VB. How can this be updated or fixed?
:
EYO-AIM, FlashChat Combo-Module for vBadvanced 3.6x or 3.7x
Old 27 Dec 2014, 21:30

Not working well for 4.2.3 so had to remove it pity really liked this skin
Old 28 Dec 2014, 11:00

What was the issues? Not working well is not very descriptive.
Old 05 Jan 2015, 17:38

help me please http://s7.postimg.org/vbgqloy57/Untitled.jpg
Old 08 Jan 2015, 18:21

Originally Posted by warfield View Post
Did you upload images to the correct directories?

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 14 Jan 2015, 06:51

I really love this theme, thanks so much for putting the work into it and also making it free haha. I just have one question though, is it possible to widen it? I am working on a new forum and I just added the sidebar to show recent posts, but it makes the forum extremely small which does not seem appealing to me. If there is a way to fix it I would really appreciate it, if not I guess I'll just get rid of the sidebar.
Old 14 Jan 2015, 11:46

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
Did you upload images to the correct directories?
in images/styles
Old 16 Jan 2015, 04:58

Does 4.2.3 break the theme? I can't even get it to show up in the theme selection.

Oh yeah, and it's a broken mess when switching to it, apparently. Fudge.
http://i.imgur.com/JX0BlRo.png?1

Unless I just installed it incorrectly. Which is entirely possible since I've not installed a theme before this one. I used the instructions in main post.

Last edited by Vintum; 16 Jan 2015 at 05:06.