Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08 Jan 2015, 00:18

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Umm,
First off, it has not been the whole day. It has been 6 hours since you PM'd me.

Secondly, I did not ask you to send me a PM, you should post the logs in the thread so all users can help.

Third, I have a full time job and help people out here in my spare time, I do not get paid to provide support, nor did you pay for support.

Fourth, when you are asking for free help, a little patience is needed, as this site is ran by volunteers, that do this in their spare time.

Now with that out of the way, I am going out for a bit, and I can take a look at the logs when I get a chance.
sorry for bothering you , I've just seen that you're online at the time that I was waiting for you , you could simply tell me that you're busy and I can pm the logs for someone else , since I can't post the logs publicly due to security , I may get DDoss attacks easily since the website IP is shown in the logs
Old 08 Jan 2015, 00:21

Not a problem. I looked them over and said this in another post.

Looking over what you PM'd me, I see no attempts of PayPay in the access logs, or error logs.

I would ask your host what the issue is, as PayPal can find your site under HTTP, but not HTTPS
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 08 Jan 2015, 00:23

Looking over what you PM'd me, I see no attempts of PayPay in the access logs, or error logs.

I would ask your host what the issue is, as PayPal can find your site under HTTP, but not HTTPS
if that's the case , why members can buy points using paypal and get the points !?
Old 08 Jan 2015, 00:27

Yeah I forgot about that. Perhaps ask PayPal,tell them when your site is under HTTP, it connects to the script, payment_gateway.php with no problems, but when you use HTTPS, it does not. As I see nothing in the logs that PayPal reached the server.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 08 Jan 2015, 00:40

Originally Posted by angemon View Post
sorry for bothering you , I've just seen that you're online at the time that I was waiting for you , you could simply tell me that you're busy and I can pm the logs for someone else , since I can't post the logs publicly due to security , I may get DDoss attacks easily since the website IP is shown in the logs
Keep in mind that if you see a member online they actually might NOT be online. vBulletin has a built in time delay for showing the users in the WGO area. The delay is 15 minutes so just because you see someone online they may not actually be there they might have been there 10 minutes ago.
Old 08 Jan 2015, 00:42

Originally Posted by HM666 View Post
Keep in mind that if you see a member online they actually might NOT be online. vBulletin has a built in time delay for showing the users in the WGO area. The delay is 15 minutes so just because you see someone online they may not actually be there they might have been there 10 minutes ago.
Actually, the only time I am not showing as online is when I loose power. My pc is on 24/7 and I always have a vB.org tab open.
Old 08 Jan 2015, 06:36

LOL mine is on 24/7 too but I do not stay on vb.org.
Old 08 Jan 2015, 06:53

Actually, the only time I am not showing as online is when I loose power. My pc is on 24/7 and I always have a vB.org tab open.
Which would not prevent your session to time out, would it? As long as you don't do anything, just having the tab open won't keep you "alive", I think.

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 08 Jan 2015, 07:49

Originally Posted by cellarius View Post
Which would not prevent your session to time out, would it? As long as you don't do anything, just having the tab open won't keep you "alive", I think.
Yeah in that case I would think it would although I've come on here and he was not on. But that may have been because he lost power as he said. I was simply stating that about the 15 minutes to the OP since he was waiting on pins and needles lol. Sometimes people do not realize that there is a 15 minute lag if they are new to vB or they are just not aware of it.
Old 08 Jan 2015, 08:18

Nah, I totally agree with that. People really need to have some patience. Even if Ozz was around, he's fully in his rights to do other things first as he sees fit - after all, there's no priority support around here. And expecting him to sort of check out first after a unasked for pm really stresses it somewhat...

Old 08 Jan 2015, 08:31

Agreed.
Old 08 Jan 2015, 17:31

I looked at the logs and didn't see any paypal activity, but I also noticed that the 70 lines of access log covered less than 1 minute, so I don't think any conclusions can be drawn from that.

I looked at the code for the points mod that does work with paypal, but it doesn't look llike it uses the IPN message. I don't know how it works without it.

I tried to go to https://removed.com using chrome this morning and got this message:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

which is kind of what I was originally thinking, that there may be an SSL handshake issue between paypal and your server. I don't know how you'd go about debugging that. I think apache has an ssl error log, (if that's what you're using). ETA: or, as I think I mentioned earlier, maybe you can run an http server that allows access only to payment_gateway.php.

Last edited by TheLastSuperman; 09 Jan 2015 at 02:11.
Old 08 Jan 2015, 18:52

Originally Posted by HM666 View Post
I pmed him at that time because I went to his profile and saw that his is replying in other threads , so I pmed him .

--------------- Added 08 Jan 2015 at 18:54 ---------------

Nah, I totally agree with that. People really need to have some patience. Even if Ozz was around, he's fully in his rights to do other things first as he sees fit - after all, there's no priority support around here. And expecting him to sort of check out first after a unasked for pm really stresses it somewhat...
I agree too , sorry I didn't want to be a bother , I've just pmed ozzy because he was interested in the server logs.
Old 08 Jan 2015, 20:36

Understood. Although, as a general rule, do not PM members here for private assistance unless asked to. And if you want help fast, make sure as many members as possible have access to all relevant information. For example, you surely realize that it does not take more than a simple find/replace all in your favourite editor to anonymize your IP address in your log.

Old 09 Jan 2015, 22:11

Understood. Although, as a general rule, do not PM members here for private assistance unless asked to. And if you want help fast, make sure as many members as possible have access to all relevant information. For example, you surely realize that it does not take more than a simple find/replace all in your favourite editor to anonymize your IP address in your log.
Originally Posted by kh99 View Post
I looked at the logs and didn't see any paypal activity, but I also noticed that the 70 lines of access log covered less than 1 minute, so I don't think any conclusions can be drawn from that.

I looked at the code for the points mod that does work with paypal, but it doesn't look llike it uses the IPN message. I don't know how it works without it.

I tried to go to https://removed.com using chrome this morning and got this message:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

which is kind of what I was originally thinking, that there may be an SSL handshake issue between paypal and your server. I don't know how you'd go about debugging that. I think apache has an ssl error log, (if that's what you're using). ETA: or, as I think I mentioned earlier, maybe you can run an http server that allows access only to payment_gateway.php.
New update guys : we have disabled SSL in our forum ,and we've gone back to HTTP , but still the same issue , I don't know what the problem now , I have been thinking the whole time that it's SSL issue but now I found that's not , so what is the problem , I think something in my server , like a firewall or something.