Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03 Dec 2008, 12:00

vBulletin 3.8.0 Release Candidate 1 Released

vBulletin 3.8.0 Release Candidate 1

THIS IS PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE.
IT IS UNSUPPORTED.

If you are not fully at home with backing-up and restoring your forum, dealing with bugs and regular upgrades, DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION

The public beta test of vBulletin 3.8.0 is now concluded and we have moved to the 'Release Candidate' stage.

We would like to thank all customers who have taken part in the beta process and especially those who have filed bug reports. Please continue to do so during the Release Candidate stage, so that we can make 3.8.0 as bug-free as possible.

Customers running older beta versions of vBulletin 3.8.0 should upgrade as soon as possible, to ensure that any known problems are eliminated.

There is an extensive blog post by Darren that showcases some of the new features and improvements that have been made to vBulletin 3.8.0.

What does Release Candidate mean?
Release Candidate, or RC for short, means that we believe vBulletin 3.8 will be ready to be declared a "stable" and "supported" supported release once it has undergone some final testing. The only known bugs that may remain are trivial.

RCs will be released until only trivial bugs are being fixed. Once this happens, the next stage is to move on to "gold" or, as it's officially known, 3.8.0.

This is still pre-release software. If you are not fully at home with backing-up and restoring your forum, dealing with bugs and regular upgrades, do not install this version but rather wait for the final, 3.8.0 version.

Customers should bear in mind that this is a release candidate, not a certified 'stable' release so the following caveats apply:
  • Pre-release software is unsupported and you install beta and RC versions at your own risk.
  • Some minor bugs remain unresolved at this time, so pre-release software should not be on production sites.
  • You should always back up your database fully before attempting to install pre-release software.
  • If you choose to install this version, you should be aware that we plan to release new RC versions in rapid succession as bugs are fixed and holes are plugged. Do not install this RC version if you are not willing or able to keep up-to-date with new releases.
  • The ImpEx import system does not support the 3.8 code yet, and will not support it until the release of 3.8.0 (stable).
Please do not use this thread for support questions.

More...

Last edited by Marco van Herwaarden; 03 Dec 2008 at 13:23.
Old 03 Dec 2008, 12:02

thank you!
Old 03 Dec 2008, 12:50

thank you, but still wait for download at vb-germany.org :/
Old 03 Dec 2008, 15:08

OK, time to put it up on my test site.....

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 03 Dec 2008, 16:09

Gonna upgrade now, but as asked on vBulletin.com, what's changed in this version? You know, because from beta to release candidate, quite a bit must of...
Old 03 Dec 2008, 16:18

Originally Posted by cheat-master30 View Post
Gonna upgrade now, but as asked on vBulletin.com, what's changed in this version? You know, because from beta to release candidate, quite a bit must of...
They don't post about changes between betas and RCs. You can look at the bug reports and see which bugs were fixed though.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 03 Dec 2008, 18:04

sweet going to update now
Old 03 Dec 2008, 20:24

still waiting stable version
Old 04 Dec 2008, 22:37

Originally Posted by katilkuzu View Post
still waiting stable version
i second that
Old 05 Dec 2008, 13:37

Anyone think Gold will be released before Christmas?
Old 05 Dec 2008, 13:40

Originally Posted by smooth-c View Post
Anyone think Gold will be released before Christmas?
Highly doubt it, it would be a great christmas present to some. To me it would be hell because of the upgrades.
Old 05 Dec 2008, 14:03

Doesn't mean you have to upgrade as soon as it comes out though I won't be - I have to wait for my skinner to get my skin out.
Old 05 Dec 2008, 14:08

Originally Posted by smooth-c View Post
Doesn't mean you have to upgrade as soon as it comes out though I won't be - I have to wait for my skinner to get my skin out.
I never upgrade on the actual version that comes out. On 3.6.0 I waited untill 3.6.7 then on 3.7.0 I waited untill 3.7.3
Old 08 Dec 2008, 07:27

installed today smooth as can be
Old 08 Dec 2008, 23:51

would be nice if stable was released before my license runs out
Closed Thread