Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Links and Downloads Manager Details »
Links and Downloads Manager
Mod Version: 2.2.8, by AndrewD (R.I.P) AndrewD is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.x Rating: (81 votes - 4.79 average) Installs: 659
Released: 19 Jun 2006 Last Update: 04 Feb 2008 Downloads: 8665
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

Version 2.3.0 of LDM is now the official release. This works with both VB3.7 and VB3.8. You can obtain it here

Version 2.2.8 remains available here, with limited support.

04.02.08: patch-cat.xml 'extra' uploaded - see first post for information

27.10.07: Version 2.2.8-post1 uploaded
French translation of product installer uploaded (other language translations are in the main release zip)

Remember to back up your current database tables before upgrading.

What this is and does

LDM is a general-purpose link and file manager, which handles user uploads and downloads in a flexible way. A range of media players is integrated into LDM and others are included as plugin extras. LDM is described below in the first post of this thread, which also contains a brief list of the currently-known bugs.

This release of LDM works correctly with all VB versions 3.6.x and recent versions of vbadvanced.

Documentation, screen shots, etc, are provided as a Wiki at http://www.eirma.org/wikis/index.php...nloads_Manager

Thank you to everyone who has tested, given suggestions, helped with the translations, etc.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions Links and Downloads Manager AndrewD vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 2047 26 Jun 2016 22:11
Links and Downloads Manager AndrewD vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 2467 08 Apr 2010 17:24
Mini Mods [YouTube] Integration with Links & Downloads Manager (LDM 2.2.6) |oR|Greg vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 41 26 Nov 2008 15:56

  #2056  
Old 23 Jul 2007, 06:23
AndrewD AndrewD is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Andrew
Originally Posted by CamJM View Post
Yeah i guess it's not working because the can_edit_category permission is ticked for administrators but I can't edit a category created by the other admin.
I don't understand. I've just tested this, with both versions 2.2.7 and 2.2.8.

admin user 1 creates category
admin user 2 edits that category

Only difference is that in version 2.2.7, admin user 2 cannot change the name of the user who 'owns' the category, but can otherwise edit it.

I must be missing something - do you want me to take a look at your site?
Reply With Quote
  #2057  
Old 23 Jul 2007, 06:46
tamborinegal's Avatar
tamborinegal tamborinegal is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Hi Andrew,

I was wondering if there is any way to link from the postbit to all the users submissions as you can on the users profile. I know it could be done using something like local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=xxxx&sort=d - but can it be done using a conditional so that every user doesn't get this showing in their postbit. Most of my members don't have links added in yet and it would just go to a blank page... Is there a way doing this?

Thanks for any help,

Cheers

Clancy
__________________
Guitar For Beginners & Beyond
Reply With Quote
  #2058  
Old 23 Jul 2007, 07:12
AndrewD AndrewD is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Andrew
Originally Posted by tamborinegal View Post
Hi Andrew,

I was wondering if there is any way to link from the postbit to all the users submissions as you can on the users profile. I know it could be done using something like local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=xxxx&sort=d - but can it be done using a conditional so that every user doesn't get this showing in their postbit. Most of my members don't have links added in yet and it would just go to a blank page... Is there a way doing this?

Thanks for any help,

Cheers

Clancy
Every day an interesting challenge

To avoid putting the link in everyone's postbits, this will currently need a new 'extra', which will have to check the database to see who has added entries to LDM. I'll have to think whether there is an efficient way of doing this, so that the database search is done once per thread not for every postbit.
Reply With Quote
  #2059  
Old 23 Jul 2007, 07:42
tamborinegal's Avatar
tamborinegal tamborinegal is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
Every day an interesting challenge
Wouldn't want you staying idle Andrew.

Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
To avoid putting the link in everyone's postbits, this will currently need a new 'extra', which will have to check the database to see who has added entries to LDM. I'll have to think whether there is an efficient way of doing this, so that the database search is done once per thread not for every postbit.
It was just an idea to promote that part of my forum a bit more. Not everyone checks out profile pages, but everyone sees the postbit, I just thought/was hoping it might have been something easy like a conditional.

Thanks for the reply,

Clancy
__________________
Guitar For Beginners & Beyond
Reply With Quote
  #2060  
Old 23 Jul 2007, 21:47
Rouzbeh1 Rouzbeh1 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
hi Andrew,
is it possible to give moderators the permission to choose Parent forum, when they add a category without giving them too much permissions?
Reply With Quote
  #2061  
Old 24 Jul 2007, 06:28
AndrewD AndrewD is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Andrew
Originally Posted by Rouzbeh1 View Post
hi Andrew,
is it possible to give moderators the permission to choose Parent forum, when they add a category without giving them too much permissions?
The *can_set_permissions* permission determines whether the user can do this or not. The description on the admin/permissions page is slightly misleading - it does not give the user general admin privs, although I imagine it gives more powers than you want.

One approach is to edit the addnewcat template. Look for lines that contain

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

There are four in total in this template. The second encloses a sequence starting

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You could change this conditional test, e.g.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #2062  
Old 24 Jul 2007, 08:16
Alfa1's Avatar
Alfa1 Alfa1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
If the user is viewing a category, the variable $viewcatid is set to the category id and is positive. Alternatively, you can look at $vbulletin->GPC['catid']

So do I understand you correct that if I place this code in my drop down, then the link will cause editing of the viewed category?
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #2063  
Old 24 Jul 2007, 08:27
AndrewD AndrewD is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Andrew
Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
So do I understand you correct that if I place this code in my drop down, then the link will cause editing of the viewed category?
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
As I understood, you only wanted this to show if the user is currently in a category, so I think (without testing it) that you need


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #2064  
Old 24 Jul 2007, 11:49
Alfa1's Avatar
Alfa1 Alfa1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanks! That works great. I applied the same to addcat and put this in a link to in vb's navbar as well. I have now added all LDM links in the vb navbar, except that I have to find a search integration solution. I requested a search integration solution here
How can I remove LDM's navbar?
Reply With Quote
  #2065  
Old 24 Jul 2007, 14:29
AndrewD AndrewD is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Andrew
Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Thanks! That works great. I applied the same to addcat and put this in a link to in vb's navbar as well. I have now added all LDM links in the vb navbar, except that I have to find a search integration solution. I requested a search integration solution here
How can I remove LDM's navbar?
Easiest is to edit the links_header template, find the lines:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and change to

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #2066  
Old 24 Jul 2007, 16:42
Alfa1's Avatar
Alfa1 Alfa1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yes, that works well. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2067  
Old 25 Jul 2007, 18:49
Rouzbeh1 Rouzbeh1 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
The *can_set_permissions* permission determines whether the user can do this or not. The description on the admin/permissions page is slightly misleading - it does not give the user general admin privs, although I imagine it gives more powers than you want.

One approach is to edit the addnewcat template. Look for lines that contain

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

There are four in total in this template. The second encloses a sequence starting

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You could change this conditional test, e.g.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
thank you, will try

one more suggestion: is it possible to make vba modules read thumbs from ldm_thumb folder (local storage) instead of generating them each time?
for security reasons, i have my covers ftp on a separate server, and i don't want covers fail to display IF that server is down....

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2068  
Old 25 Jul 2007, 22:51
minimalize minimalize is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Hey Andrew,

iīve got another question. I hope itīs my last one

When i add a new link there is a select field where i can select the categorie. Is there an ability to get the main categories bold?
Reply With Quote
  #2069  
Old 26 Jul 2007, 06:55
AndrewD AndrewD is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Andrew
Originally Posted by minimalize View Post
Hey Andrew,

iīve got another question. I hope itīs my last one

When i add a new link there is a select field where i can select the categorie. Is there an ability to get the main categories bold?
You mean the categories that are at the bottom of the tree (which have no parents)?

Edit the links_addnewlin_catselect_multi template (vb/admin/styles) and replace the current template with the following:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

In case you're intersted, the change is adding the conditional test

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #2070  
Old 26 Jul 2007, 07:59
AndrewD AndrewD is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Andrew
Originally Posted by Rouzbeh1 View Post
thank you, will try

one more suggestion: is it possible to make vba modules read thumbs from ldm_thumb folder (local storage) instead of generating them each time?
for security reasons, i have my covers ftp on a separate server, and i don't want covers fail to display IF that server is down....

thanks
Yes, good suggestion.

I think it is possible provided the vba module is set up to use the same size thumb as the linkbit.

Edit the adv_portal_custom_ldm_new_thumb_one template.

Replace the current template by

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

The modification is the test on linkimgthumbsize:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I think that this will do the job provided the thumb is already cached. I will look at the code to see if it is possible at this point in LDM also to cache the thumb if it is being generated on the fly.

Let me know if that works ok.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:04.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: