Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23 Apr 2009, 08:51

I Get This Error When People Signup

whenever someone signs up this is the error they are getting

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/hoodlege/public_html/forums/includes/class_dm_user.php on line 3016

but it still signs them up jus gives them that error...i also get this is i try to create a user via the admin panel...i really really really gotta get this resolved im not even sure wut the issue is
Old 23 Apr 2009, 12:21

Unfortunately, you dont provide what version of vb that your running, so its really a guess as to some one helping you, as this could be related to user titles or custom user titles or to usergroups.

Disable the plugin system via the admincp --> vbulletin options as see if the error goes away.

This could also be related to a bad template change on your part, make sure the reg templates are default.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 18:12

i run vb 3.8
Old 23 Apr 2009, 18:53

Did you try looking into either of the suggestions that snakes posted?

Disable the plugin system via the admincp --> vbulletin options as see if the error goes away.

This could also be related to a bad template change on your part, make sure the reg templates are default.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 24 Apr 2009, 04:43

yep i tried both and it didnt work
Old 24 Apr 2009, 04:49

Line 3016 in class_dm_user.php has to do with the custom user titles. So, I'm guessing you have set something wrong there.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 22:44

i even tried puttin the original file back in that came with the vbulletin installation and even that doesnt work.... im not sure wut our issue culd be anyone have any suggestions?

--------------- Added 24 Apr 2009 at 22:58 ---------------

Ok i disabled our Plugin accelerator hack and the new error upon registration is this

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/hoodlege/public_html/forums/includes/class_dm_user.php(2906) : eval()'d code on line 1

hmmm...maybe its this plugin accelerator that is doin this...but this is the only thing that keeps our server load down...does anyone have any suggestiosn on this matter?

Last edited by legion!; 24 Apr 2009 at 22:58. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Old 24 Apr 2009, 23:47

Originally Posted by legion! View Post
i even tried puttin the original file back in that came with the vbulletin installation and even that doesnt work.... im not sure wut our issue culd be anyone have any suggestions?
If it's a problem with the way you entered your custom user titles, then putting back original files won't fix it. The user titles are entered in your admin cp and stored in the database. So, you need to go look through them there.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 08 Jun 2009, 17:51

dang im still gettin this error...anyone have any ideas and wut do you mean go to my usertitles???

--------------- Added 08 Jun 2009 at 17:53 ---------------

i updated the useritltes via the control panel and im still gettin the error...and we dont have any custom titles jus 3 that was already there

Last edited by legion!; 08 Jun 2009 at 17:53. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Old 08 Jun 2009, 18:00

Either Usergroup > User Title or if you allow users to have Custom Titles, then you can look in the database for them table User > filed usertitle

What is on line 2906 of class_dm_user.php? Is there anything in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, please ask your host)?

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 13 Jun 2009, 09:48

still havent fixed this issue....even after disabling all the plugins...
Old 13 Jun 2009, 17:02

I would remove all the User Titles from Admin CP > User Titles > User Title Manager and also remove all the User Titles in Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > User Title. do this for every group.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 13 Jun 2009, 17:07

Try to remember what was last thing you did to make the error appear.
Have you made any changes to database or vbulletin core files ?
Old 07 Sep 2009, 05:36

Im currently having this issue again...i fixed it awhile back i found a tutorial or sumthin and i think it was a edit in the file...but im having the problem again and disabling hooks and plugins dont work i do that and the plugins still work...this is odd
Old 07 Sep 2009, 05:49

I have all the same advice. You never posted what the fix was (which would certainly help you right now), so I never knew what it was either.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual