Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07 Jun 2014, 14:54

Whats happened to TAZ

The Admin Zone for some reason decided to migrate to XF, much to a few members disappointment, obviously there were some who also welcomed it.

The migration was supposed to take place last Thursday 5/6/14, and outage time was said to be about 6 hrs.

Now unless they have changed the URL of TAZ and the sister site they were going to merge with, nothing has appeared over 48hrs later.

Can we assume from this that the migration hasn't gone according to plan, or that doing a migration and a merge, has shall we say "cocked things up beyond all recognition".

Does anyone know what is actually happening ?

Perhaps this is a case of " If it aint broke, don't try and fix it"
Old 07 Jun 2014, 15:06

I dont visit the site very often as its impossible to have any vBulletin conversation without the usual crowd of vb/ib haters jumping in and derailing it. However, I just checked and it appears to be online to me.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 07 Jun 2014, 15:16

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I dont visit the site very often as its impossible to have any vBulletin conversation without the usual crowd of vb/ib haters jumping in and derailing it. However, I just checked and it appears to be online to me.
Hmm just tried again and it's now up for me too, wonder what was causing it not to load for me before.

15:24
Now it's broken again, Unexpected error ...error..typical XF, doesn't know what is wrong

Last edited by Spangle; 07 Jun 2014 at 15:24.
Old 07 Jun 2014, 15:17

It was up yesterday when I visited.

--------------- Added 07 Jun 2014 at 15:30 ---------------

Originally Posted by Spangle View Post
Hmm just tried again and it's now up for me too, wonder what was causing it not to load for me before.

15:24
Now it's broken again, Unexpected error ...error..typical XF, doesn't know what is wrong
The error had nothing to do with XF. The entire site was down and it lasted less than a minute.

Even if it was XF, what you see in public is entirely different from the admin side. All errors are logged in detail in the admin control panel.

Last edited by nhawk; 07 Jun 2014 at 15:32.
Old 07 Jun 2014, 15:42

Seems very unstable atm.

In the last 10 minutes Ive had unexpected error for 2/3 minutes, and now its dead with 504 Gateway Time-out.

Cable Forum
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 07 Jun 2014, 15:42

It would appear to be a problem with Nginx. The entire site is going up and down.

504 Gateway Time-out
Old 08 Jun 2014, 19:12

The main downtime seemed less than day to me.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 18:08

I haven't been there in years but I used to be a frequent member and occasional poster. I am less likely to go there now. From what I remember that site was always solid and trouble free in terms of the site itself. I am not sure why they would switch. When it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 13 Jun 2014, 17:31

I think they wanted to join the bandwagon.

Cable Forum
Old 13 Jun 2014, 18:34

I think they wanted to join the bandwagon.
Last Words--

I wanted to join the bandwagon.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 19 Jun 2014, 19:45

I dont visit the site very often as its impossible to have any vBulletin conversation without the usual crowd of vb/ib haters jumping in and derailing it.
Yeah it is a rather odd way to run a site that promotes forums only to have a bulk of its members troll and derail discussions/providers of internet forum software!

I am a member but it gets too confusing, promoting multiple sites / accounts etc so i never bothered to post much. (A few of the friends of one of my sites promoted it some but truthfully speaking, it was a total waste of time).
Old 14 Jul 2014, 11:19

There was slot of animosity over the lawsuit.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 11:25

Originally Posted by BigJimTheLug View Post
Hey...so what happened with all the hate that vbulletin software developed? How did all the hate originate? Is it related to xenForo being the vbulletin killer?
XF is hardly "the VB killer."

That said most of the ill-will toward VB on TAZ and other Admin sites are from the same group of vocal admins mostly still angry that VB4 development did not live up to a post the project manager of VB4 posted shortly after its release. It was an ambitious plan that included all great things. Many people took this post as a "promise" despite the fact it was merely a plan and only things actually promised were delivered. Anyway, that project manager moved on and the plans for VB4 changed. Things like a real "Gallery" never came about.

In addition to those still waiting for a VB4 that is never going to happen you have people who have been banned/infracted for disrupting here and vb.com forums, and some (understandbly) upset VB5 users who purchased VB5 early and upgraded site unseen unaware of all the initial bugs.

Then the lawsuit radicalized many of those who were already angry.

Many of the haters want nothing less than the destruction and bankruptcy of VB and IB (the parent company) and do everything in their power - including lie - to see that end.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 14 Jul 2014, 12:14

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post

Many of the haters want nothing less than the destruction and bankruptcy of VB and IB (the parent company)
Did IB sell to Godaddy?
Old 14 Jul 2014, 12:43

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
XF is hardly "the VB killer."
Right. IB managed to kill it all by itself, no help needed...

That said most of the ill-will toward VB on TAZ and other Admin sites are from the same group of vocal admins mostly still angry that VB4 development did not live up to a post the project manager of VB4 posted shortly after its release. It was an ambitious plan that included all great things. Many people took this post as a "promise" despite the fact it was merely a plan and only things actually promised were delivered. Anyway, that project manager moved on and the plans for VB4 changed. Things like a real "Gallery" never came about.
This is a very, very short version, and in it's shortness, I'd say it's wrong. What's missing: IB started a presale for vB4.0, and many - still trusting in the former quality - bought into it. What was actually released was decidedly sub-standard, bug-ridden and hardly usable. It took the better part of 2-3 years until they got their act together. During that time, staff came and went like through a revolving door, and every time someone from the project management level went, all they said went with them. The post BoP5 mentioned really is just the most blatant example.
Then, once vB4 became a proper piece of software, they did the same stunt with vB5, releasing a software that was maybe up to alpha standards, but definitely not selling material:

In addition to those still waiting for a VB4 that is never going to happen
Yeah, bad luck, really.
and some (understandbly) upset VB5 users who purchased VB5 early and upgraded site unseen unaware of all the initial bugs.
Now, how in the world would customers expect a software they just coughed up several hundred dollars for to be in a usable state, not breaking their sites and driving away their users? Just look in the vB5 section in this very forum.

Many of the haters want nothing less than the destruction and bankruptcy of VB and IB (the parent company) and do everything in their power - including lie - to see that end.
Now, drama anybody? That's really pathetic.

http://www.roma-antiqua.de