Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 01 Mar 2008, 21:06

Thanks for the tip ^^^^

Glad it works
Old 10 Mar 2008, 00:04

I need some help. I am trying to install Inferno_Shoutbox Lite into a module. I've got it working in the Forum just below the navbar but want to move it to the CMPS module center section. (ergo this thread I am following)

There appears to be a big leap of faith on instruction #1, the uploading of the module. What should all the cmps options be set to when doing the upload? After I did the upload and the Edit Modules page is displayed, I thought I did something wrong because it did not show in any column. So, I uploaded it again. I then realized I have two entries in the left column (I specified center?) that have no underlined title name, just the "Move to" and Order boxes. I now know these are the vbshout.modules I uploaded but no way to select them, change them or remove them. What happened?

Guess I'm stuck at this point.

Help!

--------

Running vBulletin 3.6.8 PL1, vBa CMPS 2.2.1 (vB 3.6)

--------------- Added 10 Mar 2008 at 00:44 ---------------

Update: Looking at the link to the arrows for the nameless modules, I was able to figure out they were numbered 16 and 17. So I copy/pasted the url to edit one of the named modules and substituted these numbers so I could edit them and remove them.

So I guess I'm back to the Upload step or the faulty attached vbshout.module in this thread.

--------------- Added 10 Mar 2008 at 01:19 ---------------

Not one to give up easily, I forged ahead.

I uploaded the module a third time and then crafted a URL to edit the nameless module. This time I set the Module Title to "InfernoShout", set the column to "Center Column", display order to 2 and set Active to Yes.

In the Template to Include, I have adv_portal_[vbshout ]

The rest of this setup is fuzzy because the instructions above do not say what should be set (another example of a programmer trying to write documentation maybe?)

Module Shell Template Options is set to No.

Usergroups is set so only registered users can view the module.

With that set, it still does not display in the center column.

So I check Step #2 and confirm that the template exists and that the correct shoutbox text was cut and pasted in. It is. Still no box.

Step #3, yep, see above since I seemed to have to do these steps out-of-order with the buggy no-name problem. it is there, active and set to the center column. The modules page shows it to be active and have the correct sort order. Still no box.

Step #4, I edited the code and placed http://www.cvmusclecars.com/ into all the places it asked. I think it did 4 search/replaces. Still no box.

Step #5, Edited the .js and did the same thing. Still no box.

Step #6, This I was not able to do because the search line does not appear in the inferno_shoutbox_box code anywhere.

Step #7, I made sure I have "index,index_cmps" in the Page Deployment box. I use index_cmps as my default page when going to the website and the forum also exists in the root.

Still no box.

What now?

Last edited by john.friel; 10 Mar 2008 at 01:19. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Old 15 Mar 2008, 00:08

Hello sorry about the delay in reply,

Could you provide me with your URL and if you could; set up a temporary account to the admin CP options & styles only, that would be great so I can take a look for you. If you are willing to do this, please PM me this info.

Thanks
Old 27 Mar 2008, 01:58

So is this what i have to do in order to get the shout box to display under the navbar on my index since I have my forum setup to run within CMPS?
Old 30 Mar 2008, 20:06

indeed ^^^^
Old 31 Mar 2008, 03:47

Originally Posted by m002.p View Post
indeed ^^^^
Well I got it to work on the cmps_index but it will not work on the main forum for the life of me. Check out the link below and you'll see what I mean. Ignore the older vBshout it's temp. until I get this pro version working correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/index.php
Old 31 Mar 2008, 14:33

I have problem with OTHER MODULES!! Look here: http://tuttopes.net/cmps_index.php

I create the module and it works fine... But Ithe other modules under that, have a modification...

Last edited by Waiter; 31 Mar 2008 at 15:14.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 20:24

Originally Posted by shavedaccord View Post
Well I got it to work on the cmps_index but it will not work on the main forum for the life of me. Check out the link below and you'll see what I mean. Ignore the older vBshout it's temp. until I get this pro version working correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/index.php
Hmm... have you set both page deployment areas in the Admin CP > Inferno Shout Pro ?

It should read:

index,
adv_index

@Waiter... Sorry I dont see what you mean? The Shoutbox is working correctly, and so are the modules underneath :s could you be more precise?
Old 02 Apr 2008, 00:24

Originally Posted by m002.p View Post
Hmm... have you set both page deployment areas in the Admin CP > Inferno Shout Pro ?

It should read:

index,
adv_index

@Waiter... Sorry I dont see what you mean? The Shoutbox is working correctly, and so are the modules underneath :s could you be more precise?
Yes sir, both are listed in page deployment.

--------------- Added 02 Apr 2008 at 00:41 ---------------

Make the inferno shoutbox plugins run AFTER the vbadvanced ones, in the plugin manager you'll be able to set the execution order of plugins, by default things are 5, try setting inferno shoutbox ones to 6
Never mind I got it to work using the above method.

Last edited by shavedaccord; 02 Apr 2008 at 00:41. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Old 26 Apr 2008, 17:01

just installed and my shoutbox just reads: Loading...
Old 30 Apr 2008, 23:13

You havent read the instructions ^^^^ Read again please
Old 15 May 2008, 17:21

It's working just fine for me, only one problem, smilies aren't showing up, it just displays the names when you click the "smilies" button.
When you type the name eg. :smilie1: it dosen't show up in shoutbox...

It's working fine in forum, it's only on CMPS they dosen't show...
Anybody???

Last edited by StregSpiller; 15 May 2008 at 18:25.
Old 16 May 2008, 19:10

Hi,

Have you a link or screenprint to show me such example?

Its likely that a path needs specifying / updating for them to display due to your smilies being in another folder on your server from the norm (maybe due to a custom forum theme or style).

Of course, I could well be wrong, but I will have a better understanding seeing it for myself.

Thanks

Matt
Old 16 May 2008, 19:24

It's okay, I've figured it out...

I placed the smilies in the root, and the problem was solved...
Old 28 May 2008, 22:52

Hi folks,

Sorry to visit this again... I just implemented the shoutbox to my vb_adv portal page and the module sits there saying "loading".

I followed the instructions exactly and double checked as well. The shoutbox is there. just not usable. As I said. Just says "Loading"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-R-