Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Pay to Register Details »
Pay to Register
Developer Last Online: Dec 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (23 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 110
Released: 12 May 2011 Last Update: 30 Jan 2013 Downloads: 786
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Code Changes  

Overview
This product allows (and can require) visitors to select a paid subscription at registration time.

Installation (Basic)
  • File Edits: 2-3 (install and every vBulletin upgrade)
  • Ghost Users: Yes
  • One-click Updater Compatible: No

Also See: Spammers Suck!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	select_subscription_vbulletin_3.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	143520   Click image for larger version

Name:	select_subscription_vbulletin_4.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	143521   Click image for larger version

Name:	paid_registration.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	143523  

Show Your Support

• This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 20:18

Originally Posted by Jake99 View Post
This Plugin does not work on the legacy. Followed all 3 steps as is and still nothing. Need support for vB3.8.
Originally Posted by Lancerforhire View Post
As I told you in the PM, you did not follow the installation instructions; you could not get error 329865343 otherwise. There are other 3.x users that can vouch for this.
I am vB3.8, and confirm that this great product works perfectly!
Old 30 Jun 2011, 01:23

Brought the 1.3 example featuring sideXside.ca up to date with the current site. It is looking fantastic!
Old 30 Jun 2011, 14:59

Thanks Lancer!
Old 01 Jul 2011, 06:44

Tagged for when the new forum of egcabal.com is finished l(
looks very good.
congrats.
Old 02 Jul 2011, 10:39

please remove. Thought I had a problem but all is good after all

Last edited by stained; 02 Jul 2011 at 10:59.
Old 02 Jul 2011, 20:47

I currently run a mod that deletes any user who hasn't verified their e-mail addresses after 10 days (They are in Users Awaiting Email Confirmation usergroup.) Would this cause any conflicts with this mod? (I'm concerned about these "ghost" users)?

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 02 Jul 2011, 21:03

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
I currently run a mod that deletes any user who hasn't verified their e-mail addresses after 10 days (They are in Users Awaiting Email Confirmation usergroup.) Would this cause any conflicts with this mod? (I'm concerned about these "ghost" users)?
Generally, if you have another mod clean out users with unverified email addresses, it is best to make sure it does so at a frequency less than the Ghost User Expiry setting. This way, the Ghost Buster plugin gets to them first and removes them, and the second mod can deal with unverified email users unrelated to the paid registration mod. The default Ghost Buster setting is 1 week, so 10 days should be fine.
Old 02 Jul 2011, 21:44

Thanks.

@BirdOPrey5 | All Things BOP5 | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I no longer making new VB mods, sorry.
Old 03 Jul 2011, 10:41

Generally, if you have another mod clean out users with unverified email addresses, it is best to make sure it does so at a frequency less than the Ghost User Expiry setting. This way, the Ghost Buster plugin gets to them first and removes them, and the second mod can deal with unverified email users unrelated to the paid registration mod. The default Ghost Buster setting is 1 week, so 10 days should be fine.
Based upon your description above, shouldn't this be the other way around?

If you're saying you want the OTHER mod to clean out users AFTER this one, shouldn't the other mod's setting to clean them out LATER (number of days) than this mod be higher?

Regards,
Doug
Old 03 Jul 2011, 12:56

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Based upon your description above, shouldn't this be the other way around?

If you're saying you want the OTHER mod to clean out users AFTER this one, shouldn't the other mod's setting to clean them out LATER (number of days) than this mod be higher?

Regards,
Doug
Isn't that what less frequent means..? 1 week is more frequent than 10 days..
Old 08 Jul 2011, 22:13

I think I have a problem with PayPal communications, that might be due to this mod, as it appears it started with the very first user who subscribed AFTER I had installed this mod.

I've had two registered members use the normal subscribe screen and pay via PayPal. The payment went through and I received the standard PayPal acknowledgment, but no record of the payment was communicated back to vBulletin and there's nothing in either the transaction log or the transaction stats screens.

What should have happened, as it has for the last five years, is that after vBulletin received the acknowledgement from PayPal of the payment, it would have put it into the transaction log as being successful, then the registered member would have been added to the "Contributing Member" usergroup or, if he was just renewing for another year, it would have incremented his expiry for another year.

Here's an example of what's not working.

An existing Contributing Member paid via PayPal on July 8, 2011 to renew for another year. His user record currently shows under the subscriptions heading as 07-10-2010 to 07-10-2011. It says 07-10-2010 as the start date because that's the date he paid last year. Bottom line, the PayPal amount he sent on July 8, 2011 should have caused his user record to update so he would be covered until 2012 and it doesn't show that, plus there's no record of his payment in the transaction log, however, I did receive the PayPal acknowledgement separately and received the funds.

Here's all of the data that's showing in the transaction log for this member, since he's paid for the last three years. Changed or xxx'd out some information for privacy and security.

Showing Transactions 1 to 3 of 3
Processor Date Transaction ID Amount User Name Subscription Type
Paypal 18:15, 9th Jul 2008 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 25.00 CAD Username Contributing Member Charge
Paypal 08:43, 7th Jul 2009 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 25.00 CAD Username Contributing Member Charge
Paypal 07:43, 10th Jul 2010 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 25.00 CAD Username Contributing Member Charge

The last transaction log entry shows as being July 2, 2011 for any activity and there's been nothing since.

Conclusion... Paypal has stopped interacting with our vBulletin site since we've installed this mod? I don't know what else it could be since it's been working fine for 5 years and we've changed nothing else. Note: the built-in vBulletin PayPal communications test check works and passes just fine.

Until it get addressed, we can go back and use PayPal's acknowledgements to "hand fix" the problems.

Feedback is welcome ...

Regards,
Doug
Old 09 Jul 2011, 23:22

exactly what I was looking for! Installed and (as far as I can tell) working fine on vB 4.1.3

Thanks for your fine work and continued development of this product!
Old 10 Jul 2011, 11:18

AI4AI, you are welcome!

Doug, this mod does not affect payment processing in any way; there are no such plugin hooks for the mod to interfere with this process, so it most likely has nothing to do with this mod. A problem of this magnitude would have already been reported by someone else; all I can say is that this problem is isolated with either with PayPal, your configuration in vBulletin, or your PayPal account settings.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 11:33

AI4AI, you are welcome!

Doug, this mod does not affect payment processing in any way; there are no such plugin hooks for the mod to interfere with this process, so it most likely has nothing to do with this mod. A problem of this magnitude would have already been reported by someone else; all I can say is that this problem is isolated with either with PayPal, your configuration in vBulletin, or your PayPal account settings.
Thanks ...

I thought it might be better if I turned the mod completely off for testing to see what happens when someone subscribes next. So, I've temporarily un-installed it ...

The only other thing we did about the time PayPal stopped working with our vBulletin, was to activate an extra subscription amount under the current (one and only) subscription level we offer to the site. The only thing different from it, was the fact that it's a recurring yearly amount as opposed to a one time amount.

I'll leave that in-place for now and if the next subscriber transaction works, then there is some relationship with this mod to our site that's not working properly causing it. If the next transaction doesn't work, then the mod must be fine and I'll re-install it, but I'll also eliminate the recurring charge as perhaps it has something to do with that instead.

Appreciate your help ...

Regards,
Doug

Last edited by BadgerDog; 10 Jul 2011 at 11:45.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 18:42

Registration not working

Hi,
I am working on my first installation of vBulletin and was thrilled to find this mod already done. I only want guests to have to pay at registration time, and then they will be members. I have the moderate on registration turned off.
I have made the changes as indicated but my registration no longer kicks in.

So, i go to my forum and hit Register and I only get the login screen.

Not sure what I did wrong. Can you help?
Thanks
Val
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Register.jpg (56.0 KB, 8 views)