Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
VB Pro Garage Timeslips Details »
VB Pro Garage Timeslips
Developer Last Online: Feb 2017 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (43 votes - 4.70 average) Installs: 260
Released: 25 Feb 2010 Last Update: 29 Sep 2012 Downloads: 1672
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

Description
VB Pro Garage Timeslips (formerly CND Garage/Timeslips) is a free vehicle and timeslips add on for vBulletin 4. This is a great way to allow members to show off their rides, whether they are cars, motorcycles, atv's, etc. Site administrators have dozens of options to tailor the way the garage is displayed and the number of vehicles, images and timeslips the user can enter. User vehicle creation is done through a simple screen with dropdowns and simple text fields. Users can enter either miles or km and system will automatically calculate differences for front page statistics.

** New Features **

* SEO Friendly URLs (htaccess only)
* Page Caching - physical html files which make a HUGE reduction in sql queries
* Front Categories - a category system as an alternate front page to the block layout. I believe it will increase the garage ranking in search engines greatly when used with SEO URL's and the included dynamic meta tags.
* Thread Creation - Automatically create new threads in the forum of your choosing with the text of your choosing when a new vehicle is created in the garage.

Main Features

* No vb template modification needed
* Ajax driven menu's to keep load time down if you have a very large lists of makes/models
* Usergroup level permissions to set the amount of vehicles, images, timeslips allowed
* 99.9% of the text is phrased so that it can be translated for multinational sites
* On the fly image/text watermarking ability to make sure images are tied to your site
* Lytebox image presentation

Installation
Instructions, tips and more are now in the included chm file. If you have problems with the chm I have the document published at:
http://www.vbprogarage.com/forums/docs/html_vb4_ts_300/

The quick and dirty install:
1) Upload all files in the upload folder
2) Import vb_pro_garage.xml into Product Manager
3) Import vb_pro_garage_language_english.xml into Languages & Phrases
4) If you want all makes and models I've collected, import vb_pro_garage_vehicles^^new_install_only.xml into Product Manager

Post Installation
So you don't have to find it in the instructions. After install, there is a button up top in the navbar. This button by default is admin only. This is so you can configure and test without having to close the garage. When you are ready to deploy to the community:
ACP->Settings->Options->Garage General Settings - Set Garage Menu Button to Enabled.

The garage is developed on vb 4.0.7 and tested back to 4.0.0. The garage will run on PHP 5.x+ compiled with GD/GD2 and MySQL 5.x+

Additional options for the garage like adding featured businesses that support your site, fuel tracking, dyno charts, modifications and lots more are included in the commercial version.

Many thanks to Coroner for his stylebridge which led me on a path that saved me hours and hours of template editing

There are a few bugs that you might run into on this version. Instead of working on correcting them in the files and working on getting a new package up here, I'm working on the next version and including the posts that fix the errors here.

Change Log:
v3.0.9 - 09/29/2012
-----------------------------
Fixed sql injection problem
Replaced depreciated split function usage
Fixed sql error on image comments
Fixed Make/Model count on front page resetting to 1
Fixed extra unlabeled field on vehicle create/edit (Timeslips only)
Fixed postbit dropdown showing character code
Fixed tables incorrectly set with TYPE instead of ENGINE
Added navigation manager links to product xml

v3.0.8 - 12/9/2010
Fixed missing vehicle comment code

v3.0.7 - 12/1/2010
Fixed error with non existant garage_special_track table

v3.0.6 - 11/21/2010
Fixed who's online error
Fixed map infowindow colors

v3.0.5 - 11/15/2010
Fixed error with member profile vehicle block
Fixed member tab url path
Fixed error on vehicle map with apostrophes in title

v3.0.4a - 11/12/2010
Corrected package error

v3.0.4 - 11/11/2010
Fixed error with front blocks
Fixed style error with vB4.0.8 changes

v3.0.3 - 11/2/2010
Fixed duplicate countries
Fixed vehicle view slideshow image size
Fixed username browse error
Fixed geocode error on missing zip
Fixed postbit error with vehicles that have a apostrophe in the name

v3.0.2 - 10/25/2010
Fixed missing add vehicle button on member profile
Added bbcode capabilities to welcome box on garage front page
Moved vehicle count to db table to ease db queries
Added notification scheduled task to send message to new users about adding a garage entry
Added default clear image for watermark
Fixed code to disregard watermark option if image is missing
Fixed search username error
Updated obsolete data queries
Added SEO Friendly URLS
Added page caching capabilities
Fixed sql error with moving vehicle class and color to new selection on deletion in ACP
Added function to replace non english characters with english characters in ajax selection lists
Added image comments
Added notification for image and vehicle comments
Added option to add page title
Added zip code to vehicle and googlemap
Added ability to disable and ability to hide info for googlemap

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	01_front_cat.png
Views:	4129
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	123185   Click image for larger version

Name:	01_front.jpg
Views:	2313
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	123186   Click image for larger version

Name:	02_ajax_image_data.png
Views:	1798
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	123187   Click image for larger version

Name:	02a_browse.jpg
Views:	1937
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	123188  

Click image for larger version

Name:	03_add_vehicle.jpg
Views:	1126
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	123189   Click image for larger version

Name:	04_view_vehicle.jpg
Views:	1430
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	123190   Click image for larger version

Name:	05_add_timeslip.png
Views:	905
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	123191   Click image for larger version

Name:	06_view_timeslip.png
Views:	787
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	123192  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases CND Garage - Timeslips Dylanblitz vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 227 24 May 2015 21:29

Old 27 Nov 2012, 02:53

Having a weird issue....

I upgraded from v 3.05 to 3.09. I reinstalled all the files in the upload directory, since it had been awhile and I wasn't sure anything had changed, imported the product and imported the language file. It is now identified as version 3.09.

However, when I disable the product, the header tab doesn't disappear and it keeps functioning - although some features turn off. When I enable the product I get a second Garage tab in the header and all the features start functioning.

I have double checked and there is only one instance in the installed products panel. Any hints?

You can see it at sledspace.com - it is currently enabled (two tabs).
Old 28 Nov 2012, 03:21

Had to disable the garage. It was making some peoples entire posts links that linked back to the garage. So strange. Even though it is disabled, you can still see the single tab in the header, and it still mostly works.

Would really like to get this figured out, the garage is my favorite mod.
Old 01 Dec 2012, 13:01

Originally Posted by deschutes View Post
Having a weird issue....

I upgraded from v 3.05 to 3.09. I reinstalled all the files in the upload directory, since it had been awhile and I wasn't sure anything had changed, imported the product and imported the language file. It is now identified as version 3.09.

However, when I disable the product, the header tab doesn't disappear and it keeps functioning - although some features turn off. When I enable the product I get a second Garage tab in the header and all the features start functioning.

I have double checked and there is only one instance in the installed products panel. Any hints?

You can see it at sledspace.com - it is currently enabled (two tabs).
i had the same issue when i upgraded from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 so i downgraded back to 3.0.8 im just glad i still had the files for older version saved on my laptop
Old 03 Dec 2012, 12:07

When this gets fixed I am using this.
Old 06 Dec 2012, 02:18

After i "add vehicle" i'm redirected to a blank page and the vehicle is never added.
Old 07 Dec 2012, 01:50

If anyone is having white page of death errors. Try modifying the following files

garage_timeslips.php
garage_vehicle.php

find "mb_split" and replace with "explode"

No idea why the programmer decided to use a function that is not enabled by default on most linux distros
Old 09 Dec 2012, 17:23

Are there any updates on the next version? New Features etc?
I love this mod, and hoping it's still being developed.
Old 05 Jan 2013, 12:01

In my random images block on the forums home page a few of the images seem to be displaying larger than I want them too. I have checked settings and all seems in order so not sure what is happening here
Old 10 Jan 2013, 03:10

Hi again,

I raised an issue with you a while back: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...=1#post2361411

This has been happening again with numerous members. It seems that when they edit their profiles (not edits related to this plugin) it messes up their postbit drop-down garage link.

I've checked the length of the profile field as you suggested and it seems to have reset back to 250 for some reason. I changed it to 10000 again then saved, but if I go back and look again it's reset to 250 again.

Any ideas?

Really seems like I'm going around in circles having to keep go back into PhpMyAdmin and edit the database each time a users postbit messes up so I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

Also I should mention that I've only recently noticed the 'rebuild vehicle postbit drop-downs' option in the garage management settings (not sure if that's new or not). I gave it a try but it doesn't seem to work for me...

If you look here you'll see the user 'Hoikey' has a messed up drop-down link: http://ssoc.co.uk/forums/showthread....=9299#post9299
^^this is how it's displaying AFTER running that tool in the garage management settings.

BEFORE I ran the tool, it looked like this:
postbit error.png

I won't go in and fix the users in the database for now, I'll leave the error there for you to see it so we can hopefully get to the bottom of this once and for all

Many thanks
Old 11 Jan 2013, 03:11

I think development on this mod has stopped
Dylanblitz hasn't posted since October.

I was really hoping there was going to be another version of this.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 16:42

Bummer. I am stuck with a broken installation. Anyone have 3.0.8 so I can go back?
Old 03 Feb 2013, 19:24

I had to make a comment on the style an layout of this mod needs major work. I want to have this add on for my new website, but it doesn't match the design of the default vbulletin. I thought I just needed to change the tables style code to use the vbulletins theme, but getting overwhelmed with the amount of work involved. Hope the author sees this an realizes it's time to do a fresh rewrite. Even in his own posted screenshots of the timeslip page the text is against the border. The first image has the category images without spacing bunched up with each other an the border. An the top box doesn't have text so it's not at the same height. Plus the garage counts aren't showing correctly for the categories.

Less focus on features, more on design now please.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 08:11

nothing but issues when trying to upload new photos...

Warning: move_uploaded_file(images/garage/attach/5/4/9/garage_vehicle-169-13610058541_full.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/includes/garage_func_var.php on line 2821

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpU8q316' to 'images/garage/attach/5/4/9/garage_vehicle-169-13610058541_full.jpg' in
&

DSC03601.jpg - Error: Image could not be moved.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 15:03

@Dylanblitz
Since you haven't posted in this thread in a long time, and haven't done any updates to the garage script. Does this mean you're no longer going to support it? Would you be opposed to someone else taking over development of this mod? It's such a great add-on, and I would love to see more features added, and the bugs fixed.

Could you let the community know, and then if he's OK with it. Is there anyone who would be willing to work on this?

Chris
Old 17 Feb 2013, 06:31

Originally Posted by cdoyle View Post
@Dylanblitz
Since you haven't posted in this thread in a long time, and haven't done any updates to the garage script. Does this mean you're no longer going to support it? Would you be opposed to someone else taking over development of this mod? It's such a great add-on, and I would love to see more features added, and the bugs fixed.

Could you let the community know, and then if he's OK with it. Is there anyone who would be willing to work on this?

Chris
Good idea