Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Instant New Thread Notification Details »
Instant New Thread Notification
Developer Last Online: Jul 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (18 votes - 4.67 average) Installs: 113
Released: 14 Aug 2010 Last Update: 15 Aug 2010 Downloads: 508
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Re-usable Code  

If you wish to subscribe forum for notification about new threads - there're only daily and weekly emailing options. This mod add choice of immediate email notification.

This mod is developped here http://github.com/rcdesign/vb-instant_new_thrd_notify . Patches are welcome.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	instant_notify.png
Views:	3020
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	120823  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks Instant New Thread Notification RedTyger vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 185 05 Sep 2013 17:25
New Posting Features Instant New Thread Notification vilhiem Modification Graveyard 6 20 Sep 2010 21:10
Add-On Releases Instant New Thread Notification bernieberg Modification Graveyard 8 28 May 2010 23:34

Old 13 Aug 2011, 10:12

Originally Posted by Boofo View Post
Should be able to do that from the forum manager.
I can't imagine how. There's no choice for subs in the Control dropdown. If I choose "Edit Forum" I see nothing there about subscriptions or usergroups.

Or are you speaking in a philosophical sense? I agree it would be nice if we could do that. But in the meantime a query would make me happy.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 10:45

Originally Posted by Videx View Post
I can't imagine how. There's no choice for subs in the Control dropdown. If I choose "Edit Forum" I see nothing there about subscriptions or usergroups.

Or are you speaking in a philosophical sense? I agree it would be nice if we could do that. But in the meantime a query would make me happy.
These 2 options under Moderation Options:

Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post
(Separate each address with a SPACE)

Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Thread
(Separate each address with a SPACE)
I didn't say it was ideal, but it could be worked to handle what you are wanting.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 10:53

Ha. Yes, I guess I could manually find all 32 email addys and add them there. Then maintain the list as people come and go and email addys change.

Kill me now.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 13:05

Thanks. Installed in 4.1.5 but still waiting for notification. Is there a way you can choose notification based on keywords in title of new thread? That would be super awesome.

Edit : Does anyone know how long does the 'instant ' notification takes? How do I make sure that my email settings are correct?

Last edited by inphoenix; 17 Sep 2011 at 13:47.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 13:56

There's another mod somewhere that in a roundabout fashion allows keyword subscriptions. I forget which - something about auto-tagging as I recall.

Instant is pretty much right away - i.e., ideally you shouldn't see your Tweet/RSS much before you get the email noti. But you won't get notices of your own posts.
Old 17 Sep 2011, 14:47

There's another mod somewhere that in a roundabout fashion allows keyword subscriptions. I forget which - something about auto-tagging as I recall.

Instant is pretty much right away - i.e., ideally you shouldn't see your Tweet/RSS much before you get the email noti. But you won't get notices of your own posts.
duh@me.... Thanks so much for telling me that I won't get notification of my own post. Wish it was written somewhere. I looked all over the settings to see if I missed something.

If you can find that other mod for that would be super!!
Old 25 Sep 2011, 23:05

Many thanks for this mod has been working great for me! Is there any way we can add an option of notification of new threads only if a mod or admin started it?
Old 09 Oct 2011, 12:35

Vitaly - Thank you very much for making this code available.

For some reason the bbcodes are coming through with the email text. Is there any way to stop that from happening. We are currently on 4.1.5
Old 25 Jan 2012, 13:42

Hi there,

REally great mod but I was wondering if it's possible to have an option to disable the notification on usercp?

Thanks!

5 stars
Old 25 Jan 2012, 14:59

Originally Posted by Pvtiste View Post
I was wondering if it's possible to have an option to disable the notification on usercp?
I don't see why not. But don't look for this author to add that feature as he's apparently moved on.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 16:20

I don't see why not. But don't look for this author to add that feature as he's apparently moved on.
thanks for your answer!
can you please help me with that
I have to ad a custom field and then?
Old 25 Jan 2012, 17:05

I have no idea. I didn't mean to imply this would be a minor task. Try Modification Requests/Questions (Unpaid) or Requests For Paid Services.
Old 26 May 2012, 21:04

This mod works but it takes up to 50 min to get an email notification sometimes. Is there a cron job that is attached to this?
Old 27 May 2012, 00:16

No, the whole idea here is that these notices are supposed to go out instantly. Of course, maybe they are and you just aren't getting them until later.

And with vb 4.2 there's now an option to use cron based emailing? So it may be that if you don't jigger that setting somehow then who knows (I haven't tried 4.2 yet myself).
Old 31 May 2012, 20:38

Tagged for later