Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
View Usernotes Given Details »
View Usernotes Given
Developer Last Online: Apr 2009 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.5 Rating: (3 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 23
Released: 03 May 2007 Last Update: 03 May 2007 Downloads: 79
Not Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits  

View Usernotes Given

This product will allow all current staff on your forum view usernotes they have given to members of your community. All moderators, super moderators and administrators are able to view a list of usernotes, the users they were given to, and links to either view or edit each.

The usernotes are divided into pages, each with ten. Staff can browse through each page of usernotes using the navigation menu at the bottom right of the table.

Your staff can view their posted usernotes by going to:

http://www.example.com/forums/misc.p...usernotesgiven
(vBulletin.org truncates this link. Please copy this link to your clipboard and paste it into a text editing program for the full link, or hover over the link in your browser.)

Where http://www.example.com/forums/ is the path to your forum root. You can decide whether or not you want to edit a template somewhere on your site in order to show a permanant link to this page, but I found the feature worked best as a link in a sticky within my staff forum. Adding functionality in order to show a link to the page somewhere on the forum only visible to staff would create an extra query for everyone, not just staff, which is a bad overhead for such a small forum feature.

Non-staff are shown the normal contents of misc.php (Smilies) if they access the page.

Features
  • Lets moderators, super moderators and administrators view all usernotes they have posted through one page.
  • Divides usernotes into groups of ten per page, in order to prevent large loading times.
  • Images are not shown, so as not to stretch the page dimensions. Smilies, BB code and HTML/PHP/Code tags are all shown as normal.

Details
  • 1 Product
  • 1 Plugin
  • 2 Templates
  • Update Tracker
  • 1 Query
  • No database edits.

Installation

Enter your Admin Control Panel and go to the Manage Products page under the Plugins & Products tab, then click Add/Import Product. Download the XML file attached to this post and then locate it on your computer on this page, then click Import. The product will now be installed automatically.

If your board is primarily non-English speaking, you can edit the two phrases the product uses. These are named 'no_usernotes_posted' and 'viewing_usernotes_given'.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	viewingusernotesgiven.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	63943  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks New Usernotes since last visit zappsan vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 9 13 Mar 2007 19:13

Old 27 Feb 2016, 15:40

Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
A much more likely scenario, given that the developer of this mod hasn't been online here for years and the code is not marked as reusable, is that someone builds something similar for vB 4.2.x from scratch.
Ah right, any takers? Mark didn't you have something like this in the works?
Old 27 Feb 2016, 15:43

Originally Posted by Elixar View Post
Ah right, any takers? Mark didn't you have something like this in the works?
Yes, but I abandoned it because I had too many other things going. If I recall correctly, you wanted to view the usernotes from within the AdminCP. It appears this mod does what I would do, and that is to display them on a custom page.

Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Old 27 Feb 2016, 16:11

Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
Yes, but I abandoned it because I had too many other things going. If I recall correctly, you wanted to view the usernotes from within the AdminCP. It appears this mod does what I would do, and that is to display them on a custom page.
Yes, this is what I'm looking for.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 15:21

Bump.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 15:46

Originally Posted by Elixar View Post
Bump.
If I do decide to write such a mod, I will publish it...but it won't be anytime soon simply because I have too many other things going on.

Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons