Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Amazon Store Integration Details »
Amazon Store Integration
Mod Version: 1.00.00 B8, by mikelbeck (Member) mikelbeck is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.8 Rating: (3 votes - 4.33 average) Installs: 61
Released: 31 Oct 2007 Last Update: 08 Nov 2009 Downloads: 856
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files Translations External Content Is in Beta Stage  

Finally, I've gotten around to putting together a version of the Amazon Store integration mod for vBulletin 3.6.

This mod allows you to add an Amazon store to your vBulletin. You can set it to search for a particular keyword, for different types of items - CDs, DVDs, Clothing, etc. A sample of the store in action is available here: http://www.lidragracing.com/amazon_store.php.

You will need to sign up for Amazon Web Services to get an AWS key in order for this to work. In addition, you need to have PHP 5 installed on your server.

Installation is very simple, upload 3 files, import the xml file and then add a link to the store in your navigation bar. See the attached file "ECS Amazon Store.txt" for the exact installation instructions.

Give it a try, let me know what you think. Make sure you click "Mark as Installed" if you've installed it.

Also, if you intall it and use it, please post the URL you have it installed at so I can see how it's being used.

{edit}

To upgrade to a newer version, re-upload the php files and then import the xml product file. Afterwards go to the admin control panel to check to make sure all of the fields are filled in properly.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Amazon Store Integration mikelbeck vBulletin 3.0 Beta Releases 35 31 Oct 2007 17:11

  #61  
Old 04 Nov 2007, 01:58
scottct1 scottct1 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Nice upgrade, but it still needs a search box for users to search for what they are looking for.

On the top left of the screen would be great! I personally would like them to be able to search all of Amazon from my store, this way if they buy anything I still get credit for the sale.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04 Nov 2007, 01:02
mikelbeck's Avatar
mikelbeck mikelbeck is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by scottct1 View Post
Nice upgrade, but it still needs a search box for users to search for what they are looking for.

On the top left of the screen would be great! I personally would like them to be able to search all of Amazon from my store, this way if they buy anything I still get credit for the sale.
Right, I'm with ya. ;-)

I asked in this thread what people wanted to see: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...0&postcount=59 but didn't get any response. I finished up the changes I had in mind for this version (aside from the search box) and wanted to get it out. So there it is.

I'll take your idea into consideration, let's see what everybody else has to say. The next version will have a way for users to search for their own stuff.

I'm also considering adding the functionality to allow the users to add items to a local shopping cart and continue searching, then when they're done cliking a link to go off to Amazon to make the purchase. What does everybody think about that?

FWIW, I've got a similar project in the works... but one that works with eBay instead of Amazon.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04 Nov 2007, 01:43
yoyoyoyo's Avatar
yoyoyoyo yoyoyoyo is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Originally Posted by mikelbeck View Post
Right, I'm with ya. ;-)

I asked in this thread what people wanted to see: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...0&postcount=59 but didn't get any response. I finished up the changes I had in mind for this version (aside from the search box) and wanted to get it out. So there it is.

I'll take your idea into consideration, let's see what everybody else has to say. The next version will have a way for users to search for their own stuff.

I'm also considering adding the functionality to allow the users to add items to a local shopping cart and continue searching, then when they're done cliking a link to go off to Amazon to make the purchase. What does everybody think about that?

FWIW, I've got a similar project in the works... but one that works with eBay instead of Amazon.
Great update and I look forward to the future updates as well
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04 Nov 2007, 01:51
mikelbeck's Avatar
mikelbeck mikelbeck is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo View Post
Great update and I look forward to the future updates as well
Do you have it installed? If so, got a URL?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04 Nov 2007, 10:43
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Originally Posted by scottct1 View Post
Nice upgrade, but it still needs a search box for users to search for what they are looking for.

On the top left of the screen would be great! I personally would like them to be able to search all of Amazon from my store, this way if they buy anything I still get credit for the sale.
Yes... thank you ...

Regards,
Badger
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04 Nov 2007, 11:51
yoyoyoyo's Avatar
yoyoyoyo yoyoyoyo is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo View Post
Great update and I look forward to the future updates as well
Originally Posted by mikelbeck View Post
Do you have it installed? If so, got a URL?
Yes, it is installed, but on a completely private forum. It is working great! I loe the multiple searches - my only request is to add even more
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04 Nov 2007, 12:02
mikelbeck's Avatar
mikelbeck mikelbeck is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo View Post
Yes, it is installed, but on a completely private forum. It is working great! I loe the multiple searches - my only request is to add even more
Ya, I'm working on that. At this point, it looks like the Amazon API only allows 2 searches to be performed at once. I'm looking for a way around that, though.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05 Nov 2007, 11:28
yoyoyoyo's Avatar
yoyoyoyo yoyoyoyo is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Cool - thanks much.

One thing though, maybe it is just me, but for some reason, when viewing the amazon store page, the dhtml drop-down links in the navbar do not appear, and the links show up as just links with no drop-down function.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05 Nov 2007, 13:43
hddstudio hddstudio is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Just an idea : optional search in NavBar....is it possible ? so user can search in forum and got input also from amazon at the same time (make it default : checked option)
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05 Nov 2007, 22:45
mikelbeck's Avatar
mikelbeck mikelbeck is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo View Post
Cool - thanks much.

One thing though, maybe it is just me, but for some reason, when viewing the amazon store page, the dhtml drop-down links in the navbar do not appear, and the links show up as just links with no drop-down function.
I can't make that happen, not on my demo site or my dev site. Is anybody else seeing this?

@hddstudio - I'm not sure if I could do that... but I'll look into it.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06 Nov 2007, 01:26
mikelbeck's Avatar
mikelbeck mikelbeck is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Ok people... you asked for it, now you've got it.

There's a new option in the ACP in version 1.00.00 B5 - "Allow users to perform their own searches". If you enable this option, a new box & dropdown list will be displayed on the main page, your users can put in their own keywords and select the index they'd like to search.

Let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06 Nov 2007, 01:55
yoyoyoyo's Avatar
yoyoyoyo yoyoyoyo is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
thanks much - I will check it out and let you know how it works for me
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06 Nov 2007, 02:02
yoyoyoyo's Avatar
yoyoyoyo yoyoyoyo is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
well, the search option works, but it does not insert my Amazon associate ID in the URL. It shows up in the URL in the store, but when I actually click on the item the associate ID is not in the URL.

in the store I see this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

but when I click on the URL this is the link that displays in the browser:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Last edited by yoyoyoyo; 06 Nov 2007 at 02:07.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06 Nov 2007, 02:39
mikelbeck's Avatar
mikelbeck mikelbeck is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by yoyoyoyo View Post
well, the search option works, but it does not insert my Amazon associate ID in the URL. It shows up in the URL in the store, but when I actually click on the item the associate ID is not in the URL.

in the store I see this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

but when I click on the URL this is the link that displays in the browser:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
Right, that's how it works. If you notice, in the first URL there's "redirect.html". Amazon takes the inbound link, pulls out the data needed for your associates tag (plus whatever else it wants, I guess) and then sends the user to an Amazon page.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06 Nov 2007, 02:55
yoyoyoyo's Avatar
yoyoyoyo yoyoyoyo is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
ok thanks for the explanation - in that case I guess it is working just fine
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 14:14.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: