Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Moderator Checkpoint System Details »
Moderator Checkpoint System
Developer Last Online: Jun 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (12 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 135
Released: 20 Mar 2008 Last Update: 03 Jan 2009 Downloads: 860
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits  

Moderator Checkpoint System

For boards with a large moderating staff, it can be difficult to know who has checked what post and which threads are completely checked. The goal of the Moderator Checkpoint System is to ensure that moderators don't read over the same post(s) twice, leaving them to spend this time checking other posts/threads.

The core functionality of the Moderator Checkpoint System (MCS) is the ability (for those with appropriate permission) to mark threads/posts as having been "Checked" - indicating that no further action is required and the thread(s)/post(s) has/have been given the OK by a Staff Member. When a post is marked as checked, the checking user's User ID, Username, and a timestamp is stored in the database. This information then appears on the checked post(s), and the post will change markup (depending on your customizations through the included options) indicating the post has been checked. This process is, of course, completely invisible to the community at-large, and only those Users with adequate permission will be allowed to Check/Uncheck and view Checked posts/threads.

Because some Moderators may like to browse forums normally, a feature has been integrated that will allow each user to Enable/Disable viewing the forum in "Moderation Mode" at their leisure. Disabling Moderation Mode will return the display of posts/threads to their normal state.

Features
  • Forumdisplay
    • Threads can be (Admin Optional) colored according to whether they are completely checked -OR- contain unchecked posts.
    • A new column next to "Views" will display the number of Unchecked Posts in each thread.
    • Clicking the "Unchecked" column's header will allow the user to sort threads by the least/most number of unchecked posts, allowing them to see which threads need the most attention.
    • Threads can be (Admin Optional) marked as "Checked", thereby checking ALL the posts in a thread. This is useful for large, old threads which you know contain no problem posts.
  • Showthread
    • Posts can be (Admin Optional) colored according to whether they have been checked -OR- remain to be checked.
    • Checked posts will display the Date/Time they were Checked and the Moderator Username/User ID who checked it. (Unchecked posts will have text indicating as much)
    • Posts can be marked as Checked/Unchecked via Inline Moderation.
    • "Active Checking" is utilized.
      • Active Checking is a feature which each User can Enable/Disable at their leisure. When Active Checking is Enabled, each time the User visits a thread, the posts displayed on that page will be marked as "Checked". The idea is that when in Active Checking mode, the User is actively reviewing the posts that they are reading, thus each can be marked as Checked.
    • Newly Checked Posts can be (Admin Optional) colored to indicate their recent activity. This coloring is visible only to the Checking User and is intended to serve as a guide for them to see which posts they, in their current session, have checked.
  • Update Counters
    • If you ever feel your counters (Unchecked Count per Thread) are off, there is an Update Counters feature included in the modification. To access this feature, go to your AdminCP -> Maintenance (Very bottom) -> Update Counters -> Update Checkcount Counters (Very bottom).
Installation
  1. Import the Product XML file.
    1. (a) IMPORTANT: THIS PRODUCT ADDS COLUMNS TO YOUR DATABASE'S POST TABLE. IF YOU HAVE A LARGE NUMBER OF POSTS, THE IMPORT PROCESS WILL TAKE SOME TIME (AND MAY APPEAR TO HANG); IT IS *IMPORTANT* THAT YOU DO NOT EXIT YOUR BROWSER DURING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS
  2. Follow the instructions included in the ZIP archive to edit your templates.
  3. Configuration Options are accessible through AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Moderator Checkpoint Configuration. Permissions are accessible through the Moderator Permissions panel (AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit Permissions.
UpgradeIf you like this modification, feel free to Nominate it for Modification of the Month. Please click Install if you're actively using it, so you can receive updates about new releases.

This modification was written by request for Spinball, whose MCS Concept was utilized throughout development.

------------------------------------------------------------

Version History:
1.1.7 - Fixes Checkcount Display Bug in Forumdisplay
1.1.6 - Fixes Announcement Bug in Forumdisplay
1.1.5 - Prevents Checks/Unchecks from being written to the Moderator Log
1.1.4 - Added option for Default Moderation Mode
1.1.3 - Bug fixes
1.1.2 - Bug fixes
1.1.1 - Bug fix for soft-deleted post redirection issue
1.1.0 - Core code consolidated - numerous bug fixes
1.0.9 - Minor SQL Query fix

1.0.8 - Bug fix to correct issue with Forumdisplay sorting of Unchecked Threads

1.0.7 - Bug fix to correct counters not carrying over when merging threads
1.0.6 - Initial Release to Community

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1.JPG
Views:	1774
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	77489   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2.jpg
Views:	2273
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	77490   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss3.jpg
Views:	2541
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	77491   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss4.jpg
Views:	2516
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	77492  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss5.jpg
Views:	3184
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	77493   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss6.jpg
Views:	1204
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	77494   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss7.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	77495  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Moderator management system Kentaurus vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 149 22 Oct 2007 21:59

Old 02 Jul 2009, 03:34

How hard would it be to hack this so that the color of unchecked posts could be changed per style? Any idea where to start?

Thanks
Old 06 Jul 2009, 09:46

Originally Posted by jaycob View Post
database error trying to uninstall the product. wtf?? lol. cant uninstall this!

edit: ahhh there goes my site with it, FULL database error on the whole site, great

lol was cleaning up today by deleting products and forgot uninstalling this product does what i quoted grrr
Old 08 Jul 2009, 15:02

Originally Posted by mme42 View Post
How hard would it be to hack this so that the color of unchecked posts could be changed per style? Any idea where to start?

Thanks
Nevermind, I figured it out. You can just change the code a bit in the threadbit template to get the background color from a class instead of from the admincp options. And, to clarify, I'm talking about changing the background color for the thread title cell in the forumdisplay per style. Saying "unchecked posts" was kind of vague and inaccurate.

I can explain more if the coder is ok with it (it doesn't say the code is reusable) and anybody needs to do this. It seems he hasn't been around for a bit though.
Old 05 Aug 2009, 12:05

I understand the mod is supported, but I see no support for the last... few months.

I installed the mod when I had vBulletin 3.7 and it worked. Now, with 3.8.2 just doesn't show anything and the "enabled/disabled" doesn't appear at all. Any suggestions, maybe a version for 3.8?...
Old 05 Aug 2009, 14:27

Can "Active Checking" be turned on always by default??
Old 15 Aug 2009, 17:12

Originally Posted by Cybertims View Post
Can "Active Checking" be turned on always by default??
Unsure Cybertims. Every time I log in mine is always on disabled. May be a java cookie thing.

I can't seem to assign the system to usergroup 7 : moderators. i made their persmissions but they still dont see the menu button under login section.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 00:17

Anyone have an idea how I get the "Checked by admin at xxx" message that appears in the posts checked to display in the forumdisplay (threadbit template)?

I tried the variables $thread[checkedbyu] & $post[checkedbyu] and both do not work.

Anyone got a solution or idea for this?
Old 01 Oct 2009, 22:23

hello
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...5&d=1206031782
cannot find that options in the groups permissions .
V 3.8.2
Old 01 Oct 2009, 22:40

Originally Posted by passwords View Post
hello
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...5&d=1206031782
cannot find that options in the groups permissions .
V 3.8.2
It's not in usergroup permissions. It's in the individual moderator permissions for each moderator. So, you'll have to change the permissions for each moderator. But, once you do it the first time, then all you have to do is remember to set the permissions for future moderators when you first add them.

Go to AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Show All Moderators then click "edit" for each moderator that you want to change. You should find those options towards the bottom of the permissions.

You can also do this from the "Forum Manager" dropdown for moderators. It brings up the same mod permissions screen.
Old 01 Oct 2009, 23:07

grt but when im clicking on : Moderation Mode: Disabled ( link: index.php?do=modmode ) im geting: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage ..
Old 27 Oct 2009, 13:14

last post asking how to uninstall this damn thing 06 Jul 2009...

anyone wanting to install this think twice as you cant uninstall it.
the best you can do is disable grrrr.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 13:41

It`s possible to upgrade this Mod for vBulletin 4.0

Thanks
Old 20 Jun 2010, 09:51

Who know how to install it at
v.3.8.4?
Old 18 Aug 2010, 19:54

working on me, 3.8.4

but the only thing is threads do not change color like this

EDIT:

everything works when i apply to the default style, but in my other style won't work with the forumdisplay coloring...

EDIT:

it works everything now, this is what i do

In the original instructions (ThreadBit) :

Find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Replace With:

i changed to

Last edited by korgkurzweil; 04 Nov 2010 at 07:14.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 11:37

Stuart, I would love to see this mod working in vb4 until...erm...XF comes out Any chance ?