Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you have "Fake" Mods?
1 1 1%
1 1 1%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mod Options
Allow Users to Ignore "Mods" but not "Staff". Details »
Allow Users to Ignore "Mods" but not "Staff".
Developer Last Online: Jun 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.1.4 Rating: (1 vote - 5.00 average) Installs: 6
Released: 20 Aug 2011 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
Not Supported  

Have you placed some people with Moderator abilities on sections of your forum but do not consider them "Staff?"

We have several "Club"-type private sections on our forum in which we grant other members the ability to choose a number of "Moderators" for it. These "Moderators" are not considered part of our Staff, yet regular users do not have the ability to ignore them.

We COULD set the vBulletin option ignoremods to true, but that would allow users to ignore our regular Staff (including Admins, Super Mods, and "real" Mods).

That's where this little plugin comes in.

First, install this plugin on the profile_doaddlist_start hook. Make sure it is NOT active when you save it.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Alter the third line, $user_is_staff = is_member_if($userinfo,5,6); to include any usergroups you consider "Staff" and do not want to be able to have anyone ignore. (I only have '5' and '6' because I do not use "regular" Moderators on my Staff--just SuperMods and Admins.)

Now set the Plugin to Active.

We're almost done!

Next, go to Settings -> Options -> User Profile Options, scroll to the bottom, and turn on the option Allow Users to 'Ignore' Moderators (set to "Yes").

This makes $vbulletin->options['ignoremods'] now have a TRUE value, so your Plugin is now truly active.

Test it out. Have someone try to ignore you, then have someone try to ignore a "fake" Mod.

Apologies if there's a similar modification out there, I could not find one.

99% of this is just the regular vB code, just with bits bypassed, so I can't really say "this is MINE!" Heh. I don't currently plan on making this into a Product, but if someone else wants to, feel free.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Comments
Old 21 Aug 2011, 00:03

Demmit... I screwed the poll up somehow. O.o

1 and 2 is supposed to be "yes" and "no." Pretty sure I put it like that, but I guess it didn't take?
Old 27 Sep 2011, 18:57

Just to let you know;
Next, go to Settings -> Options -> User Profile Options, scroll to the bottom, and turn on the option Allow Users to 'Ignore' Moderators (set to "Yes").
If you set that to Yes, it will let you ignore "non-Staff" but it WILL also let you ignore admins/super mods. I left that setting to No, and went on a Test Acc and it let me ignore fake mods but didn't let me ignore Admins/Super Mods. Nice modification
Old 30 Sep 2011, 20:58

We have a couple "Guest" moderators. I just created a new group and reduced some of their permissions (e.g. they cannot infract). But I didn't think it important if members can 'ignore' mods or not. I mean, if a moderator issues an infraction they'll know about it regardless, won't they?

Maybe I've just been lucky and my members don't use Ignore a lot so it's never come up.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 00:19

Has something changed that would make this plugin not work on the latest 4.1.11?

When a user tries to ignore someone, instead of the username on the success page, it says "{1}" has been successfully ignored or something along those lines.