Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 26 Nov 2020, 02:30
Michael_ Michael_ is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Originally Posted by Dr.CustUmz View Post
veering off topic, lets do that since this post needs closed lol. I will always stick up for vb3 because its my baby lol. Half the mods have security flaws? unusable? deprecated?

There is NO reason vb3 can not be coded to todays standards, MOST mods that are deprecated are seriously just changing one character in the product file or PHP files. Yes the whole table every single bit in vb3 is just stupid (even back then they could have easily used divs), but with a little creativity you can get passed that.

I tend to find myself still using mods from 3.5, and even occasionally 3.0!

Yes SOME mods are completely F***ed due to php deprecations, but most of them are seriously easy as hell fixes IE removing &'s (wont go into detail on all that stuff though)

I GUARENTEE my 3x board is more "UP TO DATE" than any single vb4 / 5 vanilla board. If a dev has not been on here for years (which is almost everyone now days because everyone went to xF) It's up to other devs to continue their work. If an author has a problem with it at that point then they can do something. It's like with vB announcing EOL on vb3 (and I believe 4) it is now up to developers to keep it "Up to date" because the original developer is no longer supporting their product, for example I COULD begin to release updated versions of that product. vb3 was last updated to 3.8.11 where as my vb is more like 3.8.16. remove old shit here, add new shit there, etc.

I digress, my point is vb3 is 100% perfectly capible of staying with the standards of today, and if more people didnt give into the hype of bloat added to vb4, we wouldn't be stuck with the garbage vb5 (although it has improved some)

vB3 <3 Always
Despite i dont like your attitude on sharing vbulletin mods i totally agree with this.
All that vb 3 is missing are responsive templates and php 7 compatibility out of the box.

Not a huge fan of bloated xf, ips etc. also.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 26 Nov 2020, 02:49
Dr.CustUmz's Avatar
Dr.CustUmz Dr.CustUmz is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Real name: Ryan
https://i.imgur.com/Ha9Yzwe.png
https://i.imgur.com/OzZue4U.png
__________________
If you need custom work done please use Dirt RIF CustUmz
Owner of vBTeam
vBulletin 3.8.14 DRC Edition PHP 7.4 Compatible- NOT a null, NOT complete files Requires a legit copy of vBulletin 3.8.11.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 26 Nov 2020, 13:53
lange's Avatar
lange lange is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Originally Posted by Michael_ View Post
All that vb 3 is missing are responsive templates and php 7 compatibility out of the box.
Out the box, yes ! But you can buy this responsive theme to do the job.

Last edited by lange; 26 Nov 2020 at 14:35.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 26 Nov 2020, 14:53
Dr.CustUmz's Avatar
Dr.CustUmz Dr.CustUmz is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Real name: Ryan
Originally Posted by lange View Post
Out the box, yes ! But you can buy this responsive theme to do the job.
I've got better mobile themes coming soon look at my screenshot in the previous post (that one will not be released) just an example though.
__________________
If you need custom work done please use Dirt RIF CustUmz
Owner of vBTeam
vBulletin 3.8.14 DRC Edition PHP 7.4 Compatible- NOT a null, NOT complete files Requires a legit copy of vBulletin 3.8.11.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 26 Nov 2020, 16:11
In Omnibus's Avatar
In Omnibus In Omnibus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Real name: Kris
Originally Posted by Dr.CustUmz View Post
veering off topic, lets do that since this post needs closed lol. I will always stick up for vb3 because its my baby lol. Half the mods have security flaws? unusable? deprecated?

There is NO reason vb3 can not be coded to todays standards, MOST mods that are deprecated are seriously just changing one character in the product file or PHP files. Yes the whole table every single bit in vb3 is just stupid (even back then they could have easily used divs), but with a little creativity you can get passed that.

I tend to find myself still using mods from 3.5, and even occasionally 3.0!

Yes SOME mods are completely F***ed due to php deprecations, but most of them are seriously easy as hell fixes IE removing &'s (wont go into detail on all that stuff though)

I GUARENTEE my 3x board is more "UP TO DATE" than any single vb4 / 5 vanilla board. If a dev has not been on here for years (which is almost everyone now days because everyone went to xF) It's up to other devs to continue their work. If an author has a problem with it at that point then they can do something. It's like with vB announcing EOL on vb3 (and I believe 4) it is now up to developers to keep it "Up to date" because the original developer is no longer supporting their product, for example I COULD begin to release updated versions of that product. vb3 was last updated to 3.8.11 where as my vb is more like 3.8.16. remove old shit here, add new shit there, etc.

I digress, my point is vb3 is 100% perfectly capible of staying with the standards of today, and if more people didnt give into the hype of bloat added to vb4, we wouldn't be stuck with the garbage vb5 (although it has improved some)

vB3 <3 Always
It's not legal to alter another developer's code unless they have given permission.

vBulletin would never go along with a public release of an altered version of software they have long since declared End Of Life.

Yes, you can make anything work if you have unlimited time and extensive knowledge of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) or their equivalents.

But this is specifically talking about the modifications as they exist for download.

If you were to pick any five 3.x modifications at random and install them the odds are high at least one of them would cause your site to stop functioning. Or open up a security vector.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 26 Nov 2020, 16:19
Dr.CustUmz's Avatar
Dr.CustUmz Dr.CustUmz is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Real name: Ryan
what i said was my opinion, good to hear yours aswell. I could argue this all day, but I wont bother.
__________________
If you need custom work done please use Dirt RIF CustUmz
Owner of vBTeam
vBulletin 3.8.14 DRC Edition PHP 7.4 Compatible- NOT a null, NOT complete files Requires a legit copy of vBulletin 3.8.11.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 17:11.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: