Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[DBTech] Copyright Management v2 (vB4) Details »
[DBTech] Copyright Management v2 (vB4)
Mod Version: 2.1.2, by DragonByte Tech (Coder) DragonByte Tech is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (19 votes - 4.74 average) Installs: 133
Released: 20 Jan 2012 Last Update: 16 Feb 2017 Downloads: 526
Supported Uses Plugins Translations External Content  

What is Copyright Management?
Copyright Management from DragonByte Tech is a modification designed to merge all copyright footers from DragonByte Tech mods into a single line shown on all pages.

New in v2.0, you can also choose to compress the list of mods to a single link back to DBTech which will display a list of all the products you have installed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other addons available @ www.DragonByte-Tech.com/forum

Feature List
  • Merges copyright footers from DragonByte Tech mods into a single line
This mod merges the copyright notifications of all DragonByte Tech mods in the footer of all pages which includes:
  • 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
  • EITHER 1 Link to Product Description page of each modification merged, OR 1 link to a "Details" page on DBTech listing all your installed DBTech modifications

Example of "1 Link to Product Description page of each modification merged":
vB Optimise, vBShout, [...] - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright 2013 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Example of "1 link to a "Details" page on DBTech listing all your installed DBTech modifications"
Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Administrative and Maintenance Tools [DBTech] vBSecurity v2 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 149 25 Oct 2018 19:02
Major Additions [DBTech] vBArcade v2 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 429 23 Oct 2018 10:49
Major Additions [DBTech] vBNotifications v1 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 189 16 Apr 2018 21:46
Major Additions [DBTech] vBNavTabs - Navbar Tabs / Tab Management v1 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 420 11 Jun 2017 22:45
Add-On Releases [DBTech] Copyright Management v2 (vB3) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 38 16 Feb 2017 09:54

Old 30 Aug 2013, 13:30

I can appreciate that Coders and Addon writers want a credit for their work, but what this MOD does is give the impression that all the MODS and add ons on a board are by Dragon Byte, when there are probably some that are not.

I also don't like that you should have uncheck if you don't want to show the link to hi velocity hosting, the correct default would be to check it if want to show it.

I actually agree with Cristos that this MOD, actually infringes other MOD copyrights on pages where DragonByte MODS are not being used.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 14:12

Originally Posted by Bubble #5 View Post

It says in the ACP "If yes, this changes the copyright footer to "Site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Software (Details)" but ours doesn't chant when it's set to yes or no.
It can take up to 24 hours for the copyright to merge, does it work now?

Originally Posted by Spangle View Post
I can appreciate that Coders and Addon writers want a credit for their work, but what this MOD does is give the impression that all the MODS and add ons on a board are by Dragon Byte, when there are probably some that are not.

I also don't like that you should have uncheck if you don't want to show the link to hi velocity hosting, the correct default would be to check it if want to show it.

I actually agree with Cristos that this MOD, actually infringes other MOD copyrights on pages where DragonByte MODS are not being used.
Then it is your option not to use this mod

We provide this mod as an alternative for people who use a lot of our mods and don't want to see multiple copyright statements. We would be completely within our rights to not offer this mod and simply tell people who complain about copyrights to buy the Branding Free licenses or shut up.

Even though we lose visibility (and as a result, money) from providing this mod, and we also provide an option to disable the Hivel sponsor, you still want us to hurt ourselves more? I'm sorry, but to me that is an entirely and completely unfair request, bordering on rude.

Fillip

Last edited by DragonByte Tech; 30 Aug 2013 at 14:19.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 16:17

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Now, as posted above, this is a support / release thread, so no more discussion about unrelated topics.
Per Paul's note above ^

I'm going to consider the discussion of why you feel their copyright mod infringes upon others copyright as such i.e. an unrelated topic, no more discussion of this it's ridiculous.
  • This mod merges multiple DBTech copyrights into one it does not hijack your copyright and rename it nor replace links within.
  • Word your copyright correctly to distinguish if need be.

Originally Posted by TheLastSuperman
If for example you had 10 DBTech mods installed, which way should it read:

1)
Powered by vBulletin™ version 4.2.1 Copyright 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Modifications © DBTech
OR

2)
Powered by vBulletin™ version 4.2.1 Copyright 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Mod name1 © DBTech
Mod name2 © DBTech
Mod name3 © DBTech
Mod name4 © DBTech
Mod name5 © DBTech
Mod name6 © DBTech
Mod name7 © DBTech
Mod name8 © DBTech
Mod name9 © DBTech
Mod name10 © DBTech
OR

3)