Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28 Oct 2010, 19:26

Multi-Quote Is not working

Any ideas???? I have it enabled under the vb options and the number is set and when I go to the threads and click the multi button nothing happens it doesn't even change. Quote works just fine, but multi will not. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 28 Oct 2010, 19:35

Multiquote means you may click the multi-quote box on several posts and then click Quote and all those quotes will show up in your reply. So, nothing 'changes' when you click the multiquote button. It just selects the quotes to put in your post when you finally click Quote.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 28 Oct 2010, 19:52

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Multiquote means you may click the multi-quote box on several posts and then click Quote and all those quotes will show up in your reply. So, nothing 'changes' when you click the multiquote button. It just selects the quotes to put in your post when you finally click Quote.
When I do that on my site it is suppose to change from multi off to multi on. It doesn't change and I even tried to go ahead and do the multi quote just incase the image wasn't working or something and it still didn't show all the quotes. It only showed the last one I quoted. Thanks.
Old 28 Oct 2010, 20:35

Create a new style with no parent:
  • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
  • Parent Style: No Parent Style
  • Title: Default vBulletin
  • Allow User Selection: Yes
  • Save
Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 28 Oct 2010, 20:43

Done and it worked when I did that.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 01:28

Then you have a problem with your custom style. You'll want to Edit a template, click View History > Compare and see what has changed and edit as needed.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 29 Oct 2010, 02:04

Do you know what template this is occuring in? So I can maybe narrow it down. Thanks!
Old 29 Oct 2010, 04:16

I would start with the postbit, or postbit_legacy. If that's not it, try the others on that page (either go into debug mode to get a list or add the template name into the templates (vboptions > general options) to find them).

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 14 Apr 2011, 18:47

I know this is an old post but I am having this same problem. Here is what the error reads...can someone help with what I have to change to fix it?

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:47:21 UTC

Line: 106
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.funinbc.com/forum/clients...quote.js?v=364

--------------- Added 14 Apr 2011 at 18:58 ---------------

Following the steps above and makeing a new stock new style I still get the error on the page and can still not multi quote

any ideas?

Last edited by funinbc; 14 Apr 2011 at 18:58. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Old 14 Apr 2011, 23:14

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 14 Apr 2011, 23:29

ok I did that and still the same thing...with the following error

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:28:28 UTC

Line: 106
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.funinbc.com/forum/clients...quote.js?v=364

any help????
Old 14 Apr 2011, 23:49

It looks like maybe you need to re-upload the file vbulletin_multi_quote.js to the clientscript directory. Part of that file is missing for some reason.