Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vB Ad Management 4 Details »
vB Ad Management 4
Developer Last Online: Aug 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.8 Rating: (191 votes - 4.70 average) Installs: 1789
Released: 09 Nov 2006 Last Update: 13 Dec 2007 Downloads: 14485
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Auto-Template Additional Files  

What does it do?

Features include global settings, advertisements allowing template conditionals, ad sharing and ad revenue sharing, timed advertisements, preset popular ad locations and functions such as sponsors, additional custom ad locations, random and static advertisements and its all very easy to use. You can use it for ordinary ads like adsense, banner rotations, or any content at all as well as using it to manage ads outside your forum too.

You can read in more detail about these and other features in the manual, which also contains some helpful notes and instructions, as well as the installation and upgrade instructions

If you are using autoinsertion and were using vB Ad Management before version 4.00, you will need to remove your old template edits or advertisements will appear multiple times. Just reverse the old instructions below.

* Find <!-- post $post[postid] popup menu --> and paste $postbit_advertisement above it in your postbit & postbit_legacy templates.
* Paste $forumbit_advertisement at the bottom of your forumhome_forumbit_level1_post and forumhome_forumbit_level2_post templates.
* Paste $threadbit_advertisement at the bottom of your threadbit template.
* Paste $footer_advertisement at the top of your footer template.
* Find $spacer_close in your footer template and below it paste $rightcolumn_advertisement.
* Find &nbsp; in your header template and replace it with $header_advertisement.
* Find $spacer_open in your header template and below it paste $leftcolumn_advertisement.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases vB Ad Management V.2.2 tfusion Modification Graveyard 13 24 Jun 2007 23:33
vb Ad Management RedTyger vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 42 09 May 2007 15:39

Old 11 Nov 2006, 10:03

Originally Posted by michaelsilvia
I would suggest allowing people to type in their own words or leave it blank from the ACP. Just my thoughts!
From Google Adsense Program Policies (https://www.google.com/adsense/suppo...=link&hl=en_US)

Labeling Ads

Publishers may not label the ads with text other than "sponsored links" or "advertisements." This includes any text directly above our ads that could be confused with, or attempt to be associated with Google ads.

Last edited by RedTyger; 11 Nov 2006 at 10:21.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 14:36

Thanks a million, RedTyger, for putting in the time to set this one up. Great hack! Been waiting for something like this for ages, being one who has considerable difficulty with coding and where/how to insert ads in vB.

I can think of a number of great uses other than for Adsense and the like and will be setting it up on our sites today.

Cheers!
Old 11 Nov 2006, 17:27

COOL AWESOME hack, but when I put my html code in it. the ad shows the html code? what did I do wrong?
thanks
example;

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and it shows this code instead of just a hyper link.:surprised:
Old 11 Nov 2006, 17:36

That's not HTML code, that's BBCode which is restricted to forum posts only. You must use proper (X)HTML code.

For what you wanted above, use:

To have the link open in a new window, use:

Old 11 Nov 2006, 17:40

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RedTyger
That's not HTML code, that's BBCode which is restricted to forum posts only. You must use proper (X)HTML code.

For what you wanted above, use:

To have the link open in a new window, use:

Oh...thank you much so!!!
Old 11 Nov 2006, 19:10

With this hack can you display a different banner per forum? Example is if I have 10 sponsors I only want specific banners to show within certain sponsors forums so that sponsor A does not see sponsors B's banner Ads?
Old 11 Nov 2006, 19:39

Originally Posted by bada_bing
With this hack can you display a different banner per forum? Example is if I have 10 sponsors I only want specific banners to show within certain sponsors forums so that sponsor A does not see sponsors B's banner Ads?
That's not a feature of this mod at the moment. There are a few other mods out that might do what you want though. Search for banners.

This is really only meant to deal with Adsense-style advertiements at the moment.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 16:34

Re: vB Ad Management

I changed my mind, random banner rotation will be in the next version, arriving soon.

If anyone has any feature requests, now is the time.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 17:41

thnx this is an excelent mod

i just have one request you did mention this earleir i want to be able to place these ads in the navbar and oth places like the footer any chance that will be in next release
Old 15 Nov 2006, 17:43

Originally Posted by Garyk View Post
thnx this is an excelent mod

i just have one request you did mention this earleir i want to be able to place these ads in the navbar and oth places like the footer any chance that will be in next release
Yes, and you will be able to use different code for each location.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 19:18

vbulletin 3.5 error

This is the error I get when trying to install in 3.5

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.3:

Invalid SQL:

### INSERT QUERY GENERATED BY fetch_query_sql() ###
INSERT INTO plugin
(`active`, `executionorder`, `title`, `hookname`, `phpcode`, `product`)
VALUES
('1', '5', 'Postbit/Postbit_Legacy advertisement integrate', 'cache_templates', '\r\nif (in_array(THIS_SCRIPT, array(\'showthread\', \'showpost\', \'announcement\', \'private\')) && $vbulletin->options[\'adintegrate_onoff\'])\r\n{\r\n if ($vbulletin->options[\'legacypostbit\'])\r\n { \r\n $globaltemplates[] = \'postbit_legacy_advertisement\';\r\n }\r\n else\r\n {\r\n $globaltemplates[] = \'postbit_advertisement\';\r\n }\r\n}\r\n', 'adintegrate_rt');

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'executionorder' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054

But after when I goto the product list, it show as installed.
After which, I goto vboptions but its not there inder threasd display... Any ideas?
Old 17 Nov 2006, 21:28

It would seem that it's not compatible with 3.5.

I will release a 3.5 version of the next release, which is almost done. If you want to try to change it now, just replace all the examples in the code of executionorder="5" to "active=1" might do it. Otherwise, you'll have to wait I'm afraid.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 21:38

Originally Posted by RedTyger View Post
It would seem that it's not compatible with 3.5.

I will release a 3.5 version of the next release, which is almost done. If you want to try to change it now, just replace all the examples in the code of executionorder="5" to "active=1" might do it. Otherwise, you'll have to wait I'm afraid.
Im willing to try and change it, ahhh not a coder, lol I open the xml with just a text edito I guess. DUmb question
Old 17 Nov 2006, 22:17

Originally Posted by mickeymouse690 View Post
Im willing to try and change it, ahhh not a coder, lol I open the xml with just a text edito I guess. DUmb question
Nope, no go!
Old 18 Nov 2006, 01:22

I can't seem to get the banner to appear, the postbit for it shows perfectly, it's just blank. Any suggestions?

I'm an idiot, it was me using FF 2.0, works great in IE. Thanks! I also am looking forward to the rotator!

*install*

Last edited by NathanMc; 18 Nov 2006 at 01:52.