Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22 Nov 2014, 14:47

Advanced Footer Mod

I would like input on the layout of a mod I have been working on, you can see it here.

http://ozzmodz.com/forum.php#footer2

I am just about to release it, as it has been in beta for awhile. There is no template edits, it is all automatic. There is no additional queries added, as it pulls the info from the datastore. It supports unlimited amount of links, and social media icons.

It also is automatically styled to match each style on the site.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 21:07

Have you considered a feature that lets the user add his own links? I had a mod (no longer active) that worked about like a browser bookmark toolbar. It just stored the url and alias in cookies. I'm thinking of tidying it up and putting it on my site.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 21:10

No not just yet, this is more for admins to change the look of their footer, to get away from the old style.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 22:58

Beta Example:

Old 23 Nov 2014, 03:04

Good Mod @ozzy47
but seem you have not made styles for it while its text align center, better make it align left.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 06:26

I am happy that some one has been inspired from my mod

Thank you.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 11:03

Yes it was due to your mod, and in the release thread, I will mention you, as well as The Rocketeer for his mod.

Last edited by ozzy47; 23 Nov 2014 at 11:24.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 11:17

Always forward ..
Old 23 Nov 2014, 11:24

Originally Posted by webmastersun View Post
Good Mod @ozzy47
but seem you have not made styles for it while its text align center, better make it align left.
What do you mean I did not make styles for it? It all can be changed in the css as it all has it's own classes. Also I tried aligning it left, it just does not look as good as it does centered. Because you can turn off each column in the block, it just looks better centered, otherwise you have a bunch of dead space at the right side.

Last edited by ozzy47; 23 Nov 2014 at 11:30.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:23

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
What do you mean I did not make styles for it? It all can be changed in the css as it all has it's own classes. Also I tried aligning it left, it just does not look as good as it does centered. Because you can turn off each column in the block, it just looks better centered, otherwise you have a bunch of dead space at the right side.
see my forum footer http://www.webmastersun.com then you will know why it needs to align left

Cheers,

Last edited by webmastersun; 23 Nov 2014 at 13:39.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:46

If we show, then
but there are many adjustments.
It is better if it is simple.

Footer
http://www.cbc.rs/
Old 23 Nov 2014, 14:10

Originally Posted by webmastersun View Post
see my forum footer then you will know why it needs to align left

Cheers,
Yes, in order to have all the empty space on the right side.

It is a matter of taste and easily adjusted in the CSS template for Ozzy's mod.

Last edited by Max Taxable; 23 Nov 2014 at 15:26.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 15:40

Ok I will add a stylevar to be able to move all the text, left, center or right.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 20:52

For anyone interested, the mod is now released here, [OzzModz] Advanced Footer