Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 00:41
SᴩiDᴇЯ SᴩiDᴇЯ is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Real name: Paul
I need oponions and suggestions for my site please

Hi i would like to ask you for a fair review of my site http://digiwebs.com, and give me suggestions/opinions even criticism, because when people criticize you tend to pay more attention to that.

You will note that when you go to the site the what's new content comes up first but i am trying to get that removed.

Please tell me what i can improve on, or even change to make the site better.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 00:48
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Site is SLOW. Cripplingly so.

Analysis here.

Red bar in chart is a missing, mis-named or misplaced image, a 404 not found error.

F grades - click on those for how to fix.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 01:00
ozzy47's Avatar
ozzy47 ozzy47 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: Chris
Yep, needs some seious speed improvments, I suggest reading the following.

Speed Up Your Site Within The ACP

Speed Up Your Site Via htaccess

Other than that it look fine so far.
__________________
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 01:06
Replicant's Avatar
Replicant Replicant is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Real name: Mel
Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
Site is SLOW. Cripplingly so.
That's not saying nothin'. My VB5 site comes in 1.5 seconds faster with a half megabyte header image. Something is wrong somewhere, on 4.2.2, you should be way faster than VB5, other than the speed, the site looks pretty clean and the colors are decent with exception of the blinding white background.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 01:09
ozzy47's Avatar
ozzy47 ozzy47 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: Chris
No nothing is wrong in vB 4.2 and vB5 is not faster than vB4

What's wrong with this test of a 4.2.2 site?
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150126_2H_5PY/

And your post has nothing to do with what the OP asked.
__________________
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 01:17
ForceHSS's Avatar
ForceHSS ForceHSS is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I would hide the shout box for guests will help loading a bit for guests
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 01:19
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
I would hide the shout box for guests will help loading a bit for guests
Yep that's one of the big cripplers here.
My VB5 site comes in 1.5 seconds faster with a half megabyte header image
Link for actual analysis.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 01:29
SᴩiDᴇЯ SᴩiDᴇЯ is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Real name: Paul
Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
Site is SLOW. Cripplingly so.

Analysis here.

Red bar in chart is a missing, mis-named or misplaced image, a 404 not found error.

F grades - click on those for how to fix.
Thank you for your reply, but what red chart is missing, can you show me a screenshot please.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 01:30
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by SᴩiDᴇЯ View Post
Thank you for your reply, but what red chart is missing, can you show me a screenshot please.
At the link I gave, there is a chart showing all of your server requests. The request that has a red line through it is the 404. Clicking on that gives you details on the call.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 02:14
Replicant's Avatar
Replicant Replicant is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Real name: Mel
Originally Posted by Replicant View Post
Something is wrong somewhere, on 4.2.2, you should be way faster than VB5,
Is it incorrect?

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
No nothing is wrong in vB 4.2 and vB5 is not faster than vB4

What's wrong with this test of a 4.2.2 site?
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/150126_2H_5PY/

And your post has nothing to do with what the OP asked.
I said nothing about 4.2.2 being slow. I said his site has something slowing it down.

Originally Posted by Replicant View Post
the site looks pretty clean and the colors are decent with exception of the blinding white background.
My thoughts on OPs site.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 02:16
ozzy47's Avatar
ozzy47 ozzy47 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: Chris
Ok then I misread the post.
__________________
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 02:36
Replicant's Avatar
Replicant Replicant is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Real name: Mel
Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
Link for actual analysis.
Proof,
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 02:41
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by Replicant View Post
That's.... Pretty slow. 4.3 seconds for only 37 requests and 593kb of data.

Your header image is actually only 118kb.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 02:45
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by SᴩiDᴇЯ View Post
Hi i would like to ask you for a fair review of my site http://digiwebs.com, and give me suggestions/opinions even criticism, because when people criticize you tend to pay more attention to that.

You will note that when you go to the site the what's new content comes up first but i am trying to get that removed.

Please tell me what i can improve on, or even change to make the site better.

Thank you in advance.
Now that we've fixed the majority of your loading problems over at Ozzy's site, I can review your site's looks.

I like the color choices - they're not garish or lurid in any way and are pleasing to the eye. I like your choice of the traditional, vertical legacy postbit as well.

Postbit is attractive and minimalist, making the content of the posts come to the forefront.

Nice style choice and nice site overall.
Attached Images
File Type: gif tiphat.gif (1,011 Bytes, 35 views)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 26 Jan 2015, 02:49
Replicant's Avatar
Replicant Replicant is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Real name: Mel
Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
That's.... Pretty slow. 4.3 seconds for only 37 requests and 593kb of data.

Your header image is actually only 118kb.
I didn't say it was fast, I said it was faster than the OP's site, which means his site has issues. His site should be faster. The first test was 6 seconds, I ran the image through a png compressor and sheared off 1.7 seconds.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: