Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
WebTemplates 3.7.x: VB Integrated CMS (Content Management System) Details »
WebTemplates 3.7.x: VB Integrated CMS (Content Management System)
Mod Version: 3.7.00, by Logician (Coder) Logician is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2021 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (62 votes - 4.92 average) Installs: 501
Released: 29 Jul 2008 Last Update: 01 Aug 2008 Downloads: 2907
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files  

(This hack is for vb version 3.7.x & 3.8.x ONLY. For vb 3.6.x, 3.5.x, 3.0.x and 2.x see my profile for relevant threads.)

"WebTemplates" is a vBulletin integrated Content Management System which allows you to create vb integrated "HTML" pages in your vb admin cp very easily. The pages can inherit your vbulletin skin/style, can recognize logged-in user, can be applied permissions per user or usergroup basis, can keep visit logs, hit counts and do many more.

VB4 version Update (9.9.2010): Please find 4.x version of WebTemplates4.x in its own thread.


WEBTEMPLATES 3.7.x BASIC FEATURES:
  • Very Easy Installation : Webtemplates can be installed to your board without modifying even a single vbulletin file. It is coded as a vb product and can be imported very easily.
  • Apply VB Permissions: You can ban any webtemplate to any user or usergroups easily. So for instance you can design a webtemplate which only members can see while guests can not, or only user A can not see etc.
  • Page Counter : Each webtemplate has a built-in counter and you can display page count to your visitors and you can edit it or turn it OFF/ON per webtemplate basis.
  • Visitor Logging&Tracking : You can track certain users' (by usergroup or userid) webtemplate visits to see who visited a webtemplate and when. This is configurable per webtemplate basis.
  • Site Contributers (Editor) Support : You can grant editing permissions for certain users or usergroups for your webtemplates individually and they will be able to update these webtemplates using their own editor interface. vB's WYSIWYG editor is supported in Editor interface.
  • Page Browsers & Who is Online Display: Webtemplates can display who is browsing that webtemplate while visitor is reading them (like default forum browse display of vbulletin). Webtemplate visits can also be monitored in who is online page.
  • Header/Footer Inclusion : Webtemplates can automatically use headers/footers (your default vb header/footer or custom ones)
  • Help Documents : The script comes with an extensive help document.
  • Admin Panel in Webtemplates : Your webtemplates can include an "admin panel" displayed to only admins and by using them you can access many details and stats of your page while you are browsing them.
  • SEO friendly URLs: You can make webtemplate URLs seo friendly in vb settings (Requires apache server).
  • XML Import/Export : XML Import/Export feature allows you to backup your webtemplates and use other hack users webtemplates in your board.
ADVANCED FEATURES FOR ADVANCED USERS:
  • Webquery Feature : With advanced "webquery" feature you can create dynamic webtemplates which include database query results. For instance you can easily add "last 10 threads forum X", "most active users list" etc. to your webtemplates with default webqueries that comes with installation or you can create your custom webqueries with basic SQL knowledge.
  • Multi Parsing : Webtemplates can parse PHP or HTML or TEXT (=smilie/img tags/bbcode parsing like vb posts). This means you can design a page just like vb posts (TEXT parsing), standart HTML (HTML parsing) or even in PHP (PHP parsing).
  • PHPINCLUDE per webtemplate : Every webtemplate has its own "phpinclude" field which you can run PHP codes before loading the Webtemplate
  • Theme Support : Webtemplates support "themes" which are parent webtemplates which include child webtemplates in them. For instance if you have 20 similiar pages which uses the same visual look, you can make a single theme for all of them, then just insert their content into this theme. If you change theme later, all 20 pages' visual will change automatically.
  • Conditionals : Webtemplates supports VB3 template conditionals so you can design webtemplates which change their display under different conditions.
  • Default variables : You can use/display certain variables in your webtemplates like username of the visitor, visitor email address, last visit time, page creation time, page last edit time, Last visitor name, last visit time etc.
Sample WebTemplates from Sites using this hack:
(Some 3.5 and some are 3.0 versions but WebTemplate look and feel didn't change much so both will give you the idea.)

http://www.worldwideknights.com/view_mission.htm
http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/view.php?pg=aboutus
http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_guidelines.htm
http://www.worldwideknights.com/view_info.htm
http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_books.htm
http://www.worldwideknights.com/view_spread.htm
http://www3.fertilethoughts.com/forums/view.php?pg=acronyms
http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/view.php?pg=makeuptalk-newsletter
http://www.bklab.com (entire site is designed with Webtemplates only)
(Actually this hack is one of the most popular vb hacks so it is used by hundreds -if not thousands- of vbulletin sites and you can easily find them if you go to google and search "Logician's WebTemplates" WITH quotation marks)

3.5 version Admin CP screenshot attached to this post. 3.0.x screenshots (here and here) also still applies for this version.

If you use the hack, clicking here will make sure you'll know about updates&bug fixes. It will also help me understand how many people is using the hack so please click the install button if you use it. Thank you..

About this 3.7.xx Version: This 3.7.xx version is same as previous 3.6.x version. 3.6.x version was already working in vbulletin 3.7.x except a few minor bugs and these bugs are fixed in this version to make it dedicated solely to vbulletin 3.7.x. Please see "what's new" in the next post for more details.

Version Updates:
29.July.2008 - > Version 3.7.00
* Hack 3.7.00 is released.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	WebTemplate_AdminCP_ScreenShot.jpg
Views:	5364
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	84750  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
WebTemplates 3.5.x: VB Integrated CMS (Content Management System) Logician vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 960 11 Nov 2010 01:58
WebTemplates 3.x: VB Integrated Content Management System Logician vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 254 14 Dec 2006 04:30
WebTemplates 2.x: VB Integrated Content Management System Logician vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 265 13 Sep 2006 20:48

  #166  
Old 10 Sep 2008, 15:52
Fireproof Fireproof is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post
Logician (or others),

Do you have a good template to use for a NEWSLETTER that I could start with and customize for my purposes?

I'm not good at creating brand-new templates from scratch, but am good with tweaking something already created.

Thanks in advance.
No one interested in helping me with a newsletter template?
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 10 Sep 2008, 15:55
sparklywater sparklywater is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Originally Posted by Logician View Post
This is not default behaviour and you should be giving guests too much priviledges. Fix it like this:
vb admin cp/usergroup manager/Who's Online Permissions/ set these as no:
Can View Detailed Location Info for Users
Can View Detailed Location Info of Users Who Visit Bad / No Permission Locations
Can view actual location of user (filepath/url).
I want my guests to have those privileges with the exception of 'priv_privatemessages.html'.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 10 Sep 2008, 16:17
Logician's Avatar
Logician Logician is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Originally Posted by sparklywater View Post
I want my guests to have those privileges with the exception of 'priv_privatemessages.html'.
I'm sorry but this is not possible. If you give guests to see everything in wol (even hidden urls), they will see that one too. Guests (actually even members) are not suppose to see such hidden urls in the first place. In your settings they will even see when an admin bans a user or doing something in the admin cp.

If you are determined to keep the setting like this, then edit your webtemplate and name it something like "donations.html" so people won't understand what it is about.
__________________
Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 4.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 10 Sep 2008, 19:07
verino verino is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Hello Sir,

regarding my email ........ it's fixed, I did some trial and error by editing the

- USERCP_SHELL template and USERCP_SHELL_ICONS template

other question :

does your mod only support by default to address with "www" in the address ? because I tested by logging in to, for ex http://myforum-address (without www) and try to visit one of the webtemplate (for ex : view.php?pg=test) and I got the error don't have permission.

and I still don't get about the "accesskey" in your manual installation file, because I'm not a coder

Thank's for the mod
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 10 Sep 2008, 21:22
Logician's Avatar
Logician Logician is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Originally Posted by verino View Post
Hello Sir,

regarding my email ........ it's fixed, I did some trial and error by editing the

- USERCP_SHELL template and USERCP_SHELL_ICONS template

other question :

does your mod only support by default to address with "www" in the address ? because I tested by logging in to, for ex http://myforum-address (without www) and try to visit one of the webtemplate (for ex : view.php?pg=test) and I got the error don't have permission.

and I still don't get about the "accesskey" in your manual installation file, because I'm not a coder

Thank's for the mod
having www. in the url or not is not about this mod. If you login to your forum without www, your forum does not recognize you when you visit it with www (or vice versa).
__________________
Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 4.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 11 Sep 2008, 03:31
verino verino is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Originally Posted by Logician View Post
having www. in the url or not is not about this mod. If you login to your forum without www, your forum does not recognize you when you visit it with www (or vice versa).
so do you mean your mod can adjust to address without "www" also ?

I mean from each of your web template there are links : [edit] [remove] [visit] and by mouse over the link [visit] the address is, for ex http://www.myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus

even though I logged in to http://myforum.com/admincp/index.php

Thank's
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 11 Sep 2008, 04:06
sparklywater sparklywater is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Is it possible to list the webtemplates in a Sitemap using this mod?
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 11 Sep 2008, 10:09
Logician's Avatar
Logician Logician is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Originally Posted by verino View Post
so do you mean your mod can adjust to address without "www" also ?

I mean from each of your web template there are links : [edit] [remove] [visit] and by mouse over the link [visit] the address is, for ex http://www.myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus

even though I logged in to http://myforum.com/admincp/index.php

Thank's
Using or not using www. is not related to this mod or vbulletin. It is a server setting.

If you visit your board as http://www.myforum.com and login there, both vb and webtemplates will recognize you when you visit http://www.myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus

If you visit your board as http://myforum.com and login there, both vb and webtemplates will recognize you when you visit http://myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus

If you visit your board as http://myforum.com and login there both vb and webtemplates will NOT recognize you when you visit http://www.myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus

If you visit your board as http://www.myforum.com and login there both vb and webtemplates will NOT recognize you when you visit http://myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus
__________________
Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 4.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 11 Sep 2008, 10:11
Logician's Avatar
Logician Logician is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Originally Posted by sparklywater View Post
Is it possible to list the webtemplates in a Sitemap using this mod?
I don't use vbseo (or site map) myself but I remember they support such a feature. I believe I've seen some info about this in their support forum: http://www.vbseo.com
__________________
Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 4.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 12 Sep 2008, 16:26
verino verino is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Originally Posted by Logician View Post
Using or not using www. is not related to this mod or vbulletin. It is a server setting.

If you visit your board as http://www.myforum.com and login there, both vb and webtemplates will recognize you when you visit http://www.myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus

If you visit your board as http://myforum.com and login there, both vb and webtemplates will recognize you when you visit http://myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus

If you visit your board as http://myforum.com and login there both vb and webtemplates will NOT recognize you when you visit http://www.myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus

If you visit your board as http://www.myforum.com and login there both vb and webtemplates will NOT recognize you when you visit http://myforum.com/view.php?pg=aboutus
got it now I understand

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 12 Sep 2008, 20:44
mustangempire mustangempire is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Where exactly do we upload this mod at? Which folder does it go under? Can someone help me please?
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 28 Sep 2008, 02:57
Guest210212002
Guest
 
Hey Logician,

This is one of my favorite hacks and has been the favorite hack in my profile here for a couple of years. One quick question - I run a fixed theme now, and the test templates seem to ignore my forum's fixed width past the header. Everything after is it spanned 100%.

How do I go about fixin' this so that it stays inline with the rest of the forum?

Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 28 Sep 2008, 10:14
Logician's Avatar
Logician Logician is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Originally Posted by Chris-777 View Post
Hey Logician,

This is one of my favorite hacks and has been the favorite hack in my profile here for a couple of years. One quick question - I run a fixed theme now, and the test templates seem to ignore my forum's fixed width past the header. Everything after is it spanned 100%.

How do I go about fixin' this so that it stays inline with the rest of the forum?

Seems like related to header/footer. Are you sure you use vb header/footer with that webtemplate (rather than webtemplate header footer)?
__________________
Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 4.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 28 Sep 2008, 15:57
Guest210212002
Guest
 
Yup, definitely using the vb H/F.

This is the page in question, but all the test pages do it.

Though the more I look at it, I think it's my custom header that's doing it.

Last edited by Guest210212002; 28 Sep 2008 at 16:07.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:35
Logician's Avatar
Logician Logician is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Originally Posted by Chris-777 View Post
Yup, definitely using the vb H/F.

This is the page in question, but all the test pages do it.

Though the more I look at it, I think it's my custom header that's doing it.
I'm not sure if I can see the problem? Width of wt pages are same with the width of your forum home page for me.
__________________
Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 4.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:07.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: