Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 08:09
Alice Alice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real name: Alice
Converting from Xenforo to vBulletin

Hey,

I was wondering if someone might be willing to give me a hand with converting this matter of code to be cross-compatible with vbulletin?

Thanks,


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 16:31
Alice Alice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real name: Alice
Anyone know if they can help?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 16:55
Dave Dave is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Real name: Dave
Untested, upload to the root of your vBulletin forum.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

__________________
https://technidev.com - security, development, exploits, vBulletin
dave[at]technidev[dot]com

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 17:12
Alice Alice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real name: Alice
First off, thank you so much for being willing to help me with this project. Now, I uploaded the code to the root of the forums, and in Xenforo its supposed to print either a 0,1 or 2 and this only shows a completely blank page. But no errors we're printed, so go you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 17:17
Dave Dave is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Real name: Dave
It's because of the check that checks if the current IP matches the $serverip variable.
You probably want it to be something like this in that case:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Then you execute it as follows: http://example.com/script.php?un=Dave&pw=password
__________________
https://technidev.com - security, development, exploits, vBulletin
dave[at]technidev[dot]com

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 17:21
Alice Alice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real name: Alice
That code is producing the following error


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

--------------- Added 11 Jan 2016 at 17:25 ---------------

Scratch that, I was using the wrong syntax.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 17:26
Dave Dave is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Real name: Dave
That's caused by a plugin you have installed, more specifically at the login_verify_failure_username hook.
__________________
https://technidev.com - security, development, exploits, vBulletin
dave[at]technidev[dot]com

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 17:26
Alice Alice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real name: Alice
Thank you so much Your my hero!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 17:26
Dave Dave is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Real name: Dave
No problem.
__________________
https://technidev.com - security, development, exploits, vBulletin
dave[at]technidev[dot]com

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 20:48
Alice Alice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real name: Alice
Originally Posted by Seraphyn View Post
That code is producing the following error


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

--------------- Added 11 Jan 2016 at 17:25 ---------------

Scratch that, I was using the wrong syntax.
This is still an issue, specifically when you input a username that doesn't exist... like swglegends.com/forums/auth.php?un=username&pw=password

Please advise,
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 21:30
Dave Dave is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Real name: Dave
Well it's not caused by the script I gave you, it's caused by one of the plugins you have installed.
Go to your AdminCP > Plugins & Products > Plugin Manager and find a hook which makes use of "login_verify_failure_username". A plugin which makes use of that hook is causing it.
__________________
https://technidev.com - security, development, exploits, vBulletin
dave[at]technidev[dot]com

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11 Jan 2016, 23:42
Alice Alice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real name: Alice
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Well it's not caused by the script I gave you, it's caused by one of the plugins you have installed.
Go to your AdminCP > Plugins & Products > Plugin Manager and find a hook which makes use of "login_verify_failure_username". A plugin which makes use of that hook is causing it.
Okay, that works. Is there a way to make usernames match this regular expression: ^[^\s]+$
And disallow all symbols?

Thank you,

--------------- Added 11 Jan 2016 at 23:57 ---------------

Oh also, I just banned an account and checked if it would be banned on the game server and its still returning a 1, and not a 2. Any ideas?

--------------- Added 12 Jan 2016 at 06:05 ---------------

Any ideas?

Last edited by Alice; 11 Jan 2016 at 23:57.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09 Feb 2016, 08:28
Alice Alice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real name: Alice
Hello. So, this file is for authenticating from a website to a gameserver. Now the issue is that people are able to put spaces after their account name and basically I would like to know if there is anothing anyone might be able to do with this code to prevent that from happening.

Thank you,
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09 Feb 2016, 19:27
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by Seraphyn View Post
Hello. So, this file is for authenticating from a website to a gameserver. Now the issue is that people are able to put spaces after their account name and basically I would like to know if there is anothing anyone might be able to do with this code to prevent that from happening.

Thank you,
You can prevent embedded spaces, however I find that trailing spaces are automatically trimmed on my local dev site.

To see the options for username restrictions, follow:

AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options -> Username Regular Expression
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10 Feb 2016, 00:25
Alice Alice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Real name: Alice
Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
You can prevent embedded spaces, however I find that trailing spaces are automatically trimmed on my local dev site.

To see the options for username restrictions, follow:

AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options -> Username Regular Expression
Okay, what would you put there to disable embedded spaces after the username?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
dave, markfl, replicant


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:34.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: