Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vB Ad Management Details »
vB Ad Management
Developer Last Online: Aug 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (45 votes - 4.56 average) Installs: 739
Released: 02 Feb 2009 Last Update: 10 Mar 2009 Downloads: 5632
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

This modification allows you to add advertisements to your vBulletin software. It's very easy to use, very quick and allows almost unlimited customisation. There is no restriction regarding the content you can use. Adsense, images, flash, plain text and you can use template conditionals and phrases as well. It will put anything, anywhere. Just about.

Features:
- Timed ads.
- Self-refreshing ads.
- Ad rotations.
- Ads using conditionals, phrases and templates.
- Ad sharing.
- Default ad blocks (typical ad block screenshot attached) for all the most popular locations plus another 25 custom blocks.
- Default ad blocks for some of the most popular alternative formats; columns, full-page, sponsors.
- Ads for distributed content (emails and feeds).
- Instant previews before publishing.
- No template edits necessary.
- Compatibility with external pages and software.
- Appearance blending to make your ads look like part of your vBulletin templates.
- Alter hyperlinks to include your referral codes.
- Further details in the manual.

For software-specific management (i.e. threads on a forum, comments on a blog) and/or ad (revenue) sharing you will additionally need the appropriate module.

Additional modules:
Forum
Blog

This modification is supported with a link back to my homepage in the footer. Unbranded is per vBulletin license to be used with, see here for details.

Installation instructions:
Installation
Upgrading from an older version

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbam_block_500.jpg
Views:	10290
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	93922  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
vb Ad Management RedTyger vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 42 09 May 2007 15:39

Old 05 Feb 2009, 05:49

Older one is more easy and work good
Old 05 Feb 2009, 09:15

Originally Posted by Howell View Post
Am I right in thinking the option to show an advertisement underneath the last post is no longer available?

Thanks.
Is there a workaround? Or maybe there is a way to get this option back with the next update?
Old 05 Feb 2009, 09:19

Originally Posted by s-ps3 View Post
Is there a workaround? Or maybe there is a way to get this option back with the next update?
Yes, I'll put the option back if enough people are bothered by it being missing.

You should be able to replicate it by adding a custom block, setting it to use the SHOWTHREAD template and then inserting it above Quick Reply. Same goes for the other places where a "Display with last" option would be useful, so it's probably a better option overall, if less convenient.

Originally Posted by snotek View Post
Cannot use this product -- vB 3.8.1, vBSEO, and a few other plugins/products.

When product is installed most AJAX functions cease to work. Inline editing of posts is probably the most annoying of the loses. Simply uninstalling the product fixes the issue. I have repeated this modification several times each time beginning and ending with the same results.
Could you file a bug, make it private and include an admin login please. I don't have vBSEO so I'd need someone's forum to look at if that's OK.
Old 05 Feb 2009, 09:41

my forum installed vbseo only header work fine
all other modules canot work
Old 05 Feb 2009, 09:59

great mod,
Old 05 Feb 2009, 17:54

Originally Posted by snotek View Post
Cannot use this product -- vB 3.8.1, vBSEO, and a few other plugins/products.

When product is installed most AJAX functions cease to work. Inline editing of posts is probably the most annoying of the loses. Simply uninstalling the product fixes the issue. I have repeated this modification several times each time beginning and ending with the same results.
Same for me - Editbutton ist broken (but works if you click him twice) and Button in Editor.

But there is no need to uninstall - deactivating does the same till there is a Fix.

Opened a Thread at vBSEO Support - in most Cases they can help.
Old 05 Feb 2009, 18:50

IS it possible to add an advertisement on the first post like attached image?
Attached Images
File Type: gif ad1.gif (44.3 KB, 81 views)
Old 05 Feb 2009, 23:54

Great Mod This is a Must mod nominated for MOTM .Thank you for ur good work Redtyger
Old 06 Feb 2009, 04:12

please be back add after last post
Old 06 Feb 2009, 07:42

Originally Posted by redlabour View Post
Same for me - Editbutton ist broken (but works if you click him twice) and Button in Editor.

But there is no need to uninstall - deactivating does the same till there is a Fix.

Opened a Thread at vBSEO Support - in most Cases they can help.
It's good of them to take a look, but it's almost certainly something for me to deal with. Let me know how you get on.

Originally Posted by RaceJunkie View Post
IS it possible to add an advertisement on the first post like attached image?
Of course!

Search for $ad_location[ad_showthread_firstpost_start] in the postbit template and after it add $vbam_location[post_message] (note at the end). Set your ads to display every 1 post, choose the post_message template hook from the menu and for your adcode use this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

The conditional is what restricts it from really appearing every 1 posts so if you're using other postbit adcode you'll have to work conditionals around it.

While I'm on the subject, if anyone wants to include an advertisement with the last post before/if the option is added back in, just use this conditional:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

* Unfortunately, vBulletin's use of ad_location hooks prevents anyone else using them unless I've included a specific workaround, which I haven't for that one. So unfortunately you have to make your own. I'll probably just remove ad_location hooks entirely.

Originally Posted by angeldevil View Post
Great Mod This is a Must mod nominated for MOTM .Thank you for ur good work Redtyger
Very kind, glad it's helpful.
Old 06 Feb 2009, 13:59

Glad to see you back RedTyger

Will install this as soon as it works with VBSEO
Old 06 Feb 2009, 17:03

I've installed this and am using it in my header. As said, gotta hit edit twice... Not a show stopper for me but would be nice to have fixed.

My other question... I believe it was this modification that previously allowed me to include an ad after every X post and after X threads, etc... Very flexible. I see all of that was removed (unless I'm thinking of another mod). Any way to put these back, I thought they were great.
Old 06 Feb 2009, 19:35

Originally Posted by morrow View Post
My other question... I believe it was this modification that previously allowed me to include an ad after every X post and after X threads, etc... Very flexible. I see all of that was removed (unless I'm thinking of another mod). Any way to put these back, I thought they were great.
Before it had "with X posts" and "every X posts". With this version it was added to thread and forum lists as well.
Old 06 Feb 2009, 22:05

The auto-refresh feature doesn't seem to be working for me, is that a known bug or is something else the cause?
Old 06 Feb 2009, 22:52

Originally Posted by sojobo View Post
The auto-refresh feature doesn't seem to be working for me, is that a known bug or is something else the cause?
Doesn't work for me either.

Also, left/right columns don't show up on the right or left, but rather on the bottom.

Where can I have the ads displayed between ever X thread/post/etc...?