Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vB 3.8 - 4.0 vB Facades: Different, multiple forums running off 1 vB installation Details »
vB 3.8 - 4.0 vB Facades: Different, multiple forums running off 1 vB installation
Mod Version: 1.00, by ibautocommunity (Coder) ibautocommunity is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.0.1 Rating: (3 votes - 4.67 average) Installs: 33
Released: 09 Dec 2009 Last Update: Never Downloads: 219
Not Supported Uses Plugins Re-usable Code Translations  

Removing the product; gathering requirements and specs.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 08:31

This, mod has SERIOUS potential.

I'd pay couple hundred dollars for this to get stabilized and pushed out , having the power to have a huge network is serious business.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 09:57

I was interested in this but i thought i would do some research first before committing my self to it , I asked vbulletin whether the mod would be with in their licence TOS and basically it doesnt.

Their reply was that each domain needs its own licence , so doesnt this make the mod pointless ? or am i missing something important that ive over looked ?

EDIT : Sorry ive just realised that its not designed to get around the licencing system but to actually just provide admins the chance to have a network of forums with the same user base. But those forums all still need to be licensed for each domain.

Last edited by Adam H; 23 Jan 2010 at 10:08.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 21:31

I would strongly support this with money as well If it wasn't penalised by Google for duplicate content. I would really want to have different domains covering different subject matter that was still within the same industry all managed by one admin panel.

For example the boating industry - some users are only interested in speed boats whilst others are interested in sailing boats yet there are some interested in both. It would enable a user that is just interested in speed boats not to be distracted by anything about sailing boats yet those interested in both can simply click between the two different forums/domains and still have their user details etc. Also there can be some addons that are across both areas.

It would be brilliant and I would be willing to pay for the mod and the extra vb licenses
Old 25 Jan 2010, 22:17

I've read many of the posts. Some successful some unsuccessful. Maybe its time for an installation test. xD

Introducing vBSocial 10
Old 26 Jan 2010, 20:24

Cool

Originally Posted by murekhalir View Post
This, mod has SERIOUS potential.

I'd pay couple hundred dollars for this to get stabilized and pushed out , having the power to have a huge network is serious business.
Me too, so far 400 dollars. I would also really, really like a fully functioning version
Old 26 Jan 2010, 20:49

I am hearing some different things on what people want in this function. Can you describe the very basic functionality that you would want in this product? It just appears there are some very different needs listed in this thread. What would you want this product to optimally provide for you?
Old 26 Jan 2010, 21:33

Originally Posted by ibautocommunity View Post
I am hearing some different things on what people want in this function. Can you describe the very basic functionality that you would want in this product? It just appears there are some very different needs listed in this thread. What would you want this product to optimally provide for you?
Can it work with vBSEO?
Old 29 Jan 2010, 20:02

I ideally would just want this:

For example - the Video Game Network

Mulitple domains - different topics.

xbox.com ps3.com wii.com

All three different sites - ONE login for all sites though.

Shared user login/password info / postcount(?) / avatar(?) / signature (?).
Single login on all sites.

(?) - are not mandatory will be cool though.

Making it stable so they all dont die! xD
Old 29 Jan 2010, 20:11

This doesn't seem to like vbseo atleast for me. The first time trying it displayed the right style but showed alot of php errors. I uninstalled it and tried again, That time it just showed alot of php errors.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 03:25

Originally Posted by Zaiaku View Post
This doesn't seem to like vbseo atleast for me. The first time trying it displayed the right style but showed alot of php errors. I uninstalled it and tried again, That time it just showed alot of php errors.
Did you contact vBSEO to see if they could fix it?
Old 30 Jan 2010, 03:44

I'm in for several hundred dollars to make this thing work.

What I need it to do is to have several domains that each get a different style, each domain will also get a selection of the available forums. So for my few domains, they have shared forums and some private forums.

I understand that this may have some issues with licensing, but the thing is, I have tried to get VB to support this for a long time. I will gladly pay the licensing fees for the "multiple forums" but I need it to work the way it is described.

So PM me if you are interested in developing this mod.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 05:02

Originally Posted by murekhalir View Post
I ideally would just want this:

For example - the Video Game Network

Mulitple domains - different topics.

xbox.com ps3.com wii.com

All three different sites - ONE login for all sites though.

Shared user login/password info / postcount(?) / avatar(?) / signature (?).
Single login on all sites.

(?) - are not mandatory will be cool though.

Making it stable so they all dont die! xD
You could do that by having someone with database skills upload a copy of your user tables into whatever new forum database you wanted to create.
That way you could have the database from videogames.com also be used in wii.com, 360.com, ps3.com, etc... but without sharing posts, threads, or forums.
You would just share the userbase.

Of course when a new user signs up that use is only in the database of whatever forum he signed up for. So if he signs up for wii.com, he wont be a member of the other forums.
Although i do remember there being a bridge for that a while back in the 3.x era.
One that would synch user tables on different databases upon new singups or at scheduled intervals.
Old 02 Feb 2010, 05:17

Originally Posted by carubmun View Post
You could do that by having someone with database skills upload a copy of your user tables into whatever new forum database you wanted to create.
That way you could have the database from videogames.com also be used in wii.com, 360.com, ps3.com, etc... but without sharing posts, threads, or forums.
You would just share the userbase.

Of course when a new user signs up that use is only in the database of whatever forum he signed up for. So if he signs up for wii.com, he wont be a member of the other forums.
Although i do remember there being a bridge for that a while back in the 3.x era.
One that would synch user tables on different databases upon new singups or at scheduled intervals.
And why do that when it is a waste of time when you could just use this mod? That is just a cop out way - if that is all you wanted to do you take a backup of your database create a new one and install the backup of your old database.

At least this mod - when i had it on my forums before removing it today due to changing my layout etc, allows people to sign up on one and post on all forums.
Old 02 Feb 2010, 09:26

Originally Posted by ibautocommunity View Post
I think a lot of us who run multiple sites would like to have the ability to manage them all from a single control panel as well as the ability for members to login to multiple sites within their own network without having to register to each one which can allow for better cross promotion.

It would be nice to be able to have something like:

gaming.community.com
health.community.com
entertainment.community.com

where community.com could be a portal of your best articles/blogs throughout your network that are promoted there.

When a network grows to a point, people start thinking about moving towards a system that can provide more functionality like a drupal or spending money for developers to create a custom solution...

if this functionality existed it would encourage forum owners to keep growing their network.. which means more licenses.. and it would be even better if there was a solution developed by IB so we can be assured when new versions come out we will have the compatibility..

I am sure many would pay for a commercial version of something like this.

Just a few thoughts about the potential....